Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old January 12th, 2015, 10:39 PM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!
Re: Public Design Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
I like Spidey's direction; something Casket of Ancient Winters related could be cool. I think I've seen Malekith pop up in three storylines ever (his first appearance in Simonson's run, his appearance on Earth's Mightiest Heroes, and his appearance in the current Jason Aaron Thor run), and 2/3 of those were casket-related. The mini's even holding the casket, isn't it?
That it is.

However, The Casket is currently a permanent glyph, and Laufey starts with it. Which, not so much the former, but the latter certainly poses an issue. Can 2 figures start with a glyph that is supposed to be unique? Or, if the idea is Malekith won't start with it, but could pick it up, wouldn't that make him incredibly niche? Now, if it's as Spidey suggested, it being any equipment glyph, then that would exclude the Casket, which defeats that thematic tie.

Lastly, it doesn't solve the issue at hand. He needs something to make him annoying on offense as well. He should be a pest, that you just can't put off. With his 4 attack, 5 with height, and maybe even more if boosted correctly with the right support, he can be a pain that way, but in most cases your team will have a heavier hitter, or support, that take precedence over him.
Old January 13th, 2015, 10:03 AM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Just a thought, but if this guy hunts items for power iconically (which he seems to from what you guys say) then maybe something like this would work?

Power Hungry

After taking a turn with Malekith, you may roll the twenty-sided die. On a roll of 16 or higher, you may either:
  • Place any Equipment Glyph on this card; or;
  • Place any Permanent Glyph on the space Malekith occupies,
and you may not roll for this special power again for the remainder of the game.

This would allow him to hunt for Mandarin's Rings, the Casket of Ancient Winters, Infinity Gems etc. during the game and use them to his advantage. It also provides a reason to attack him - before he finds the Glyph, you want to kill hi before he can, and after he does, you really want to stop him from using it.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old January 13th, 2015, 10:42 AM

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

My issue with this:

1.He can already pick up an equipment glyph, so adding one to his card off a d20 roll isn't really necessary.
2.Him getting the Casket only to just stand on it, isn't thematic, nor does it mesh well with his Illusionist Deception/teleporting, a special that requires him to move a lot, and switch places etc.

If we were to go the Casket route, I'd rather he start with it, hold it for its effects, and have something unique from it for him. Such as using Pentigaar from the casket, a strong ice creature/demon. Or freezing people with it.

Overall though, given Malekith's history, I don't see him as being any more power hungry than your average villain. He's had the Casket, and few rings, but it's not his main driving force to collect things etc. Hmm...

But I still think there's potential with The Wild Hunt.
Old January 13th, 2015, 11:04 AM
Who ISN'T One of My Brothers??

TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggressive Sock View Post
THE WILD HUNT
After an opponent takes a turn, Malekith may immediately move up to 2 spaces. After moving Malekith with this special, if he ends his movement adjacent to a figure he was not adjacent to prior to using this special, you may roll one unblockable attack die against that figure. Malekith never takes leaving engagement attacks.
Not a big fan of this personally. We already have a few unit with this type of power and they are either hunter/tracker types (Kraven, an unreleased design) or extremely driven characters (Drax, Winter Soldier). I don't see Malekith as either of those, and it makes that "move on an opponent's turn"-type power feel stale.

The best way to use Malekith is going to be by tying down the opponent's figures and forcing them to risk an LEA or attack him and risk Illusionist Deception. To make the design work better, I would lower his stats slightly, so that his cost can come down. Not only would the lower stats be more thematic for Malekith, at a lower cost, he'll fit nicely as a filler unit in a lot of armies. Pair him with a high-ranged army, use his teleport to throw him adjacent to the opponent, and blast away with your ranged guys. You could also play him with Angel or Martian Manhunter to keep him moving around without using an OM. Lower cost and offensive ability will also help differentiate him from a design that is currently in-Sanctum and help Malekith see more play.

".... the Cambridge ladies do not care, above
Cambridge if sometimes in its box of
sky lavender and cornerless, the
moon rattles like a fragment of angry candy"
Old January 13th, 2015, 11:31 AM

I'm not sure what design he could be too similar to, as this design was created around a year ago. And at that time, Illusionist Deception was completely unique.

Fair point on Wild Hunt, but I disagree stat wise. Because he's already about where he should be. If you want to play with his Life and Defense, maybe lowering one and raising the other, that's understandable. However, messing with his attack when it's already at 4, I can't agree with. Hell, Oracle has an attack of 4. There's several figures at his power level or less, that have 4. I think lowering that any more, when he has decent strength, moderate hand-to-hand combat skills, and can create energy blasts...rolling with an attack of 3 sounds inaccurate and not thematic.

Right now he's coming in at 260-270, based on several play tests.
Old January 13th, 2015, 11:43 AM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Hate to tell ya, TB, but Kraven's definitely been released.
Quote:
My issue with this:

1.He can already pick up an equipment glyph, so adding one to his card off a d20 roll isn't really necessary.
It was supposed to represent a similar theme to Laufey's Quest for Eternal Winter, only with more options, and E Glyphs aren't in all games. I can see your point about the Casket, though. I still think that, since he seems to have had a history with a few other Glyphs, it would be cool to give him more options than just the Casket, but still make the Casket a good one which works like an E Glyph.
How about:

Power Hungry (working name)

After taking a turn with Malekith, you may roll the twenty-sided die. On a roll of 16 or higher, you may place any Equipment Glyph or the Glyph of the Casket of Ancient Winters on this card and you may not roll for this special power again for the remainder of the game. If Malekith enters a space occupied by the Glyph of the Casket of Ancient Winters, you may place it on this card. If the Glyph of the Casket of Ancient Winters is on this card, the Glyph of the Casket of Ancient Winters is an Equipment Glyph and its power is in effect. (*If the the Glyph of the Casket of Ancient Winters is on this card, after taking a turn with Malekith, you may reveal an 'X' Order Marker on this card and destroy a Common or Squad figure, or remove an Order Marker from the card of a Unique Hero figure. Any figure chosen for this special power must be within 6 clear sight spaces of Malekith.)

Or;

Power Hungry (working name)

Before initiative is rolled for round one, you may place any Equipment Glyph, or the Glyph of the Casket of Ancient Winters, on this card. If Malekith enters a space occupied by the Glyph of the Casket of Ancient Winters, you may place it on this card. If the Glyph of the Casket of Ancient Winters is on this card, the Glyph of the Casket of Ancient Winters is an Equipment Glyph and its power is in effect. (*If the the Glyph of the Casket of Ancient Winters is on this card, after taking a turn with Malekith, you may reveal an 'X' Order Marker on this card and destroy a Common or Squad figure, or remove an Order Marker from the card of a Unique Hero figure. Any figure chosen for this special power must be within 6 clear sight spaces of Malekith.)

* Optional.

Personally, my preference is the first one, as I feel it's more interesting.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old January 13th, 2015, 12:18 PM

Nice L-O, though there isn't enough space for that. Regardless, it's looking like the teleport is gonna remain it's own power.

I don't want to have to take too much away for lowering the points as is, so adding anything additional, wouldn't be helping my cause. Heh so with that in mind, I'll just keep the teleport, I'm satisfied with its capabilities.

I appreciate the suggestions and ideas though.
Old January 13th, 2015, 12:24 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
Hate to tell ya, TB, but Kraven's definitely been released.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollBrute View Post
We already have a few unit with this type of power and they are either hunter/tracker types (Kraven, an unreleased design) or extremely driven characters (Drax, Winter Soldier).
He is speaking of Kraven plus a separate yet to be released unit.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old January 13th, 2015, 01:01 PM
Hard as ice

Quote:
Nice L-O, though there isn't enough space for that.
Probably wouldn't be too much if you took away the optional - though there's no problem with keeping the teleport, I just think this'd be more interesting.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old January 13th, 2015, 01:50 PM

I counted, it is too much even without the optional part.

Also, like I said, if the idea is to keep his cost down, is rather not start adding more to his abilities, and I know for sure I want the teleport still on his card. I was gonna merge it with ID, but if we're trying to keep him lower in point value, adding anything would be a mistake. Because I'm not wanting his stats to take a hit to compensate.
Old January 13th, 2015, 01:58 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Could you re-post the entire design A_S?

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old January 13th, 2015, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Could you re-post the entire design A_S?
You bet! Though, for future reference, all of my designs(my design post), are linked through my signature picture.

NAME = Malekith

SPECIES = Dark Elf
UNIQUENESS = Unique Hero
CLASS = Illusionist
PERSONALITY = Deceptive
SIZE/HEIGHT = Medium 5

LIFE = 6
MOVE = 6
RANGE = 4
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 5
POINTS = ~270-290?

ILLUSIONIST DECEPTION 15
If Malekith is targeted for an attack by an enemy figure, you may first choose a figure other than the attacker within 8 clear sight spaces of Malekith and roll the 20-sided die. Add 5 to the roll if the attacking figure is not adjacent to Malekith. If you roll 15 or higher, switch Malekith with the chosen figure and the attacking figure must target and attack the chosen figure, if possible. Figures moved by Illusionist Deception never take leaving engagement attacks.

DARK FAERIE TELEPORT
Instead of moving normally with Malekith, or if at least one blank was rolled when he defended against an opponent's attack, after placing any wounds received, you may place him on any empty space within 8 spaces. Malekith never takes any leaving engagement attacks, and no special on any Army Card may prevent Malekith from using Dark Faerie Teleport.

MAGICAL DEFENSE
When Malekith is attacked by an opponent's figure that does not have the Magical Defense special power, the most wounds Malekith can take for this attack is one.

Superstrength

I've found that when I play tested him as is, about 270-280 fits. When I play tested him with 1 less life, and 1 more defense, he played about 260.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy