Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News
HeroScape News Sightings, HeroScape.com updates, official news, etc.

Notices

Old April 2nd, 2009, 03:32 PM

Huggable Zombie rolls all skulls baby! Huggable Zombie rolls all skulls baby! Huggable Zombie rolls all skulls baby! Huggable Zombie rolls all skulls baby! Huggable Zombie rolls all skulls baby! Huggable Zombie rolls all skulls baby!
Wave 9: Blackmoon's Siege, First Post has Update 5/6

NEW INFO FROM SANDRA AT HOUSE MOUSE GAMES:

Quote:
Originally Posted by HouseMouseGames View Post
I don't know if this information has already been disseminated, but WAVE 9 contains 1 UNIQUE pack Heroes of the Moon, and 3 common packs Dwarves and Repulsors, Dividers and Defenders, and Braves and Brawlers.

Here are the descriptions from each pack:

Braves and Brawlers: The Mohican River Tribe lie in wait, blend in with their surroundings, and pick off their approaching enemies with pinpoint accuracy. But face to face, they truly come alive, fighting with furious might. The Capuan Gladiators are ready to charge forward at their leader’s side to land the first blow of any battle. This pack includes 6 painted figures and 2 army cards.
Dwarves and Repulsors: Stout and fearless, no opponent can intimidate the Axegrinders of Burning Forge. Determined and calculating, they sweep over the battlefield and lay waste to all manner of beasts and villains. Only the Soulborg can defeat the Soulborg. Therein lies the power of the Omnicron Repulsors. With Repulsors on your side, you will shutdown your opponents’ Soulborg traitors. This pack includes 7 painted figures and 2 army cards.
Dividers and Defenders: The ranks of your Marro Dividers are seemingly endless. Your opponents try to cut them down, only to see them duplicate and come back stronger than ever! Ullar’s elite Protectors are masters of teamwork. They patrol the skies and strike fear in even the most powerful heroes with focused attacks from lethal crossbows. This pack includes 6 painted figures and 2 army cards.
Heroes of the Moon Tribe: Migol Ironwill swings his dwarven war hammer with earth-shattering might. Brave Arrow of the Mohicans stealthily tracks down his foes. Atlaga soars high and carries the deadly Bolt of the Witherwood. Kumiko, trained in the lethal art of ninjutsu, savages enemies with a barrage of flurrying blows. Marro overlord Tul-Bak-Ra uses his advanced alien powers to teleport himself - and his troops – across the battlefield. This pack includes 5 painted figures and 5 army cards.

Lots of yummy HeroScape goodness for the summer

We'll offer these sets for pre-release ordering right after WAVE 1 arrives.

Well it's been a interesting couple of days here for me, but with Truth's blessing, I'm very happy to share with you the press release that just hit my inbox:

Quote:
THE SIEGE BEGINS WITH ALL NEW ADDITIONS TO HEROSCAPE

Wizards of the Coast releases new set for the build-and-battle game system

RENTON, Wash.—April 2, 2009—Wizards of the Coast LLC, a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc. (NYSE: HAS), today announced the upcoming release of a new expansion set for Heroscape®, the wildly popular build-and-battle miniatures game. Small Expansion set 9, Blackmoon’s Siege™, will be released in July 2009.

Blackmoon’s Siege features 24 brand new painted figures in a 4-pack assortment set. Braves and Brawlers, Dwarves and Repulsors, Dividers and Defenders, and Heroes of the Moon have all been summoned to battle. Designed to add strength to players’ armies, these warriors are ready to charge forward and take on any enemy that gets in their way.

Each pack includes painted figures and army cards and can be used with any Heroscape Master Set. In the coming months, fans can also look forward to another Heroscape release with the reprint of Wave 1, Malliddon's Prophecy™.

For more information about Heroscape visit: www.heroscape.com.

About Wizards
Wizards of the Coast is the leader in entertaining the lifestyle gamer. The company holds an exclusive patent on trading card games (TCGs) and their method of play and produces the premier trading card game, MAGIC: THE GATHERING®, among many other trading card games and family card and board games. Wizards is also a leading publisher of roleplaying games, such as DUNGEONS & DRAGONS®, and publisher of fantasy series fiction with numerous New York Times best-sellers. For more information, visit the Wizards of the Coast website at www.wizards.com.

# # #
I know that Truth is working diligently to grab some sneak-peak pics. In the meantime, let the conjecture and speculation commence (or continue)! Huzzah!

"Braves and Brawlers?" "Darkmoon's Seige?" Boy I hope there's a pirate in there somewhere!

...Just another nerd.

::: Great Traders: Hilo-scaper x3; Just_A_Bill; SuperflyTNT; Jim x3; Mutt Lo x2; generalgina; Sonlen4MVP; jsilvrs;
::: Avoid: Troubleman23

Last edited by Aldin; May 6th, 2009 at 03:38 PM.
Old April 2nd, 2009, 03:36 PM
All growed up

Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Wave 9: Blackmoon's Seige, Announced!!!

Delayed April fools?
Old April 2nd, 2009, 03:42 PM

Huggable Zombie rolls all skulls baby! Huggable Zombie rolls all skulls baby! Huggable Zombie rolls all skulls baby! Huggable Zombie rolls all skulls baby! Huggable Zombie rolls all skulls baby! Huggable Zombie rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Einar's puppy View Post
Delayed April fools?
Nope. It's all on the up-and-up. Really: after the last couple of days, I'm not looking to tick anyone else off.

...Just another nerd.

::: Great Traders: Hilo-scaper x3; Just_A_Bill; SuperflyTNT; Jim x3; Mutt Lo x2; generalgina; Sonlen4MVP; jsilvrs;
::: Avoid: Troubleman23
Old April 2nd, 2009, 03:43 PM
Silly Kid

arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I think this is legitimate. Great news!
Old April 2nd, 2009, 03:43 PM
Baron of Beantown IV

Pilgrim rolls all skulls baby! Pilgrim rolls all skulls baby! Pilgrim rolls all skulls baby! Pilgrim rolls all skulls baby!

At long last . . . DWARVES!!!!

Good trades: Hogg, Grimfang, Onacara, Sleightofhand, 'Scaper94, orec, Snappleman, R˙chean, lefton4ya, odbo255
Old April 2nd, 2009, 03:45 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

OK, I know I said if it was just a date for Wave 9 I would be disappointed... yet I find myself with a big ole sh!t eating grin anyway.

DWARVES!!!!!

EDIT: Braves sounds like the promised Native Americans.

-insert signature here-
Old April 2nd, 2009, 03:46 PM

Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Nah, if it were a joke the new figures would be described as a lot sillier. This actually makes sense.

"Braves and Brawlers"

Paul had mentioned that American Indians were a definite for the near future.

"Heroes of the Moon"

Aquila is the Priestess of the Moon, and the storyline for the SotM campaign mentions the Kyrie Tribe of the Moon, so I expect Aquila will have at least one hero in this pack.

As for the rest, I have to say I'm really disappointed that this isn't the all-doggin wave we were promised a couple Scapetalks ago.

I never lay awake at night wondering how to design an army that will help me win 40% of my games. -- Jexik

Do NOT click this link.
Old April 2nd, 2009, 03:47 PM

Land-based AE rolls all skulls baby! Land-based AE rolls all skulls baby! Land-based AE rolls all skulls baby!

A "repulsor" has to be an utgar unit doesn't it?

2011 most played: 1. Heroscape/Monsterpocalypse/Quarriors. 4. Warhammer Invasion. 5. Last Night on Earth.
Old April 2nd, 2009, 03:49 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Land-based AE View Post
Maybe the sneak peak picture we got?

-insert signature here-
Old April 2nd, 2009, 03:49 PM

Roland rolls all skulls baby! Roland rolls all skulls baby! Roland rolls all skulls baby! Roland rolls all skulls baby!

Or a Vydar unit.

DWARVES!
Old April 2nd, 2009, 03:54 PM

Land-based AE rolls all skulls baby! Land-based AE rolls all skulls baby! Land-based AE rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Land-based AE View Post
Maybe the sneak peak picture we got?
I was just going to ask, where does everyone think our little pictured friend will fit in?

I agree, he could be a repulsor. Marro Repulsors? Brawler is pretty darn open as well and it could be a hero.

Man, I don't know, I'm just hyped for some dwarves.

2011 most played: 1. Heroscape/Monsterpocalypse/Quarriors. 4. Warhammer Invasion. 5. Last Night on Earth.
Old April 2nd, 2009, 03:54 PM
Creamed by Corn

GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness

What is a divider? I am glad, and can't wait for Blackmoon, but the names they have given are so general that it is just glad to know the name. Great news though!!!!!

Tourney Record:17-10 (08/02/11)

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News