Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion

Old August 17th, 2022, 11:21 AM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth
Re: Heroscape 2nd Edition is here!

Seems to me that simply putting a pirate hat on Bonny would address most of these qualms and instantly make her this edition's version of Sgt. Drake, the "historical figure with a Valhalla twist."
Old August 17th, 2022, 11:46 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Not sure if folks want these reposted over here as they happen? Could be easier for those reading the conversation later to know what we're talking about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
Today's designer's notes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Encarmine
DESIGNER'S NOTES - DAY 09 - “THE STRENGTH OF WALLS, DEPENDS ON THE COURAGE OF THOSE THAT GUARD THEM.” Wraithriders are the vanguard elite of an Ironclad advance, rushing ahead of the main force to break forward defenses and weaken morale before the enemy are overrun by the inexorable march of legions of ghastly cybernetic creatures. Their fast and aggressive flanking tactics force their adversaries into killing zones, where the rest of the Ironclad can apply their vast array of horrific firepower onto the beleaguered and hopeless.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old August 17th, 2022, 11:47 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Oddly enough, the other woman has a period 3 corner hat, or its a cowboy hat. But she seems to be a green skinned alien, like that wacky C3V teleporting guy I've enjoyed using lately--Cal The Smuggler (Vydar).

Wraithriders--big wheels in the Ironclad gang? Or are they just hovering around?
Old August 17th, 2022, 11:51 AM

Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun

Grok Riders on BB-8's!!!

Jugger

It's like football with swords or LARPing without the geeky stuff. In other words, it's awesomely perfect!
Old August 17th, 2022, 12:06 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth

Thanks cap for updating both places.

Looks like Monday's update, DESIGNER'S NOTES - DAY 07, didnt make it over to the "display" thread.

unique squad

A must read for all 'Scapers!

Last edited by R˙chean; August 17th, 2022 at 12:10 PM. Reason: always something
Old August 17th, 2022, 12:09 PM
Will Paint For naGrub...

orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas View Post
Wraithriders--big wheels in the Ironclad gang? Or are they just hovering around?
I can't tell if they are using hover technology or BB-8 style rolling balls. I kinda hope for the balls, that would give them so much character as sculpts and could have neat gameplay implications

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tai-Pan View Post
Grok Riders on BB-8's!!!
I really hope so!
Old August 17th, 2022, 12:20 PM

Justin The Critic is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tai-Pan View Post
Grok Riders on BB-8's!!!
I'm picturing their "vehicles" more missile shape compared to spherical something more like the Skylander Boom Jet. Either way I love the sculpt. Now show me some stat blocks!

If you can accept losing, you can't win -
Vince Lombardi
Old August 17th, 2022, 01:10 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by R˙chean View Post
Thanks cap for updating both places.

Looks like Monday's update, DESIGNER'S NOTES - DAY 07, didnt make it over to the "display" thread.

unique squad
Thanks for the tip! I'll fix that.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old August 17th, 2022, 03:00 PM

Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth

Remember that none of the paint jobs we saw were official and the painter was just instructed to have fun. I wouldn't read much into the colors of the minis we saw displayed.

I think the names like "Bonnie" are placeholders too, she's probably inspired by Anne Bonnie but not supposed to be her.
Old August 17th, 2022, 03:36 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMIS View Post
I've never heard of a scifi sword other than a lightsabre (the rest are just long pieces of sharp metal with a hilt, guard and occasional pommel) and that laser gun has a suspicious looking wooden handle.

WH40K has both chain swords and power swords. Star Wars has vibro-blades as well.
Old August 17th, 2022, 04:43 PM

KeeperOfPeace is surprisingly tart

I'm super excited that the game is coming back to life. I got out a while ago (absolutely kicking myself for selling it...) and am looking to get back in.

Old August 17th, 2022, 04:49 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeeperOfPeace View Post
I'm super excited that the game is coming back to life. I got out a while ago (absolutely kicking myself for selling it...) and am looking to get back in.
Welcome back, old timer. That's an impressive Join Date you're wearing.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =

Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion