Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Notices

Old August 19th, 2022, 10:14 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun
MCS Season I: 10/7/23 CHAMPIONSHIP

Games N Friends
1755 Boston Road, Springfield, MA 01129

Welcome to the (newly-rebranded) Mass Championship Series!

Hosted by OEAO and Chris Perkins at the wonderful Games N Friends, the MCS is a friendly tournament series that anyone can attend! Each season will run (roughly) from fall through the next summer, culminating in a final championship. We will crown the champion of Season I at our inaugural MCS Season I Championship on October 7th, 2023!

We will also crown the regular season champion based on overall record for all events in the season prior to the Championship itself. Players who have played in at least 3 events that season are eligible to win the regular season champion title.

MCS Season I Standings

THIS MONTH’S DETAILS:

Season I, Event 6: CHAMPIONSHIP
Saturday October 7, 2023
12:30 Setup
1:00 PM - ~6:00 PM (4 Rounds, unless there are 17+ players)

Cost: $15 (100% of admission cost will be used to purchase gift certificates to the store that will be prized out to the top X players, depending on attendance)

Format: Preset Draft Pools
Delta Pricing: NO
VC: NO
Marvel: NO

TO BE CLEAR: ANYONE CAN ATTEND!

This month, we will be crowning the MCS Season I Champion! Congratulations to Dragon Ruler for winning the regular season title.

Note that the cost this month is $15; this will all go into prize support (both gift cards like normal and a trophy for both the regular season champion and the winner of the Championship).

We will be using the Preset Draft Pools that we used at the ScapeCon III World Championship.

YOU DO NOT NEED TO BRING ANY FIGURES! Just bring dice, order markers, and wound dice/markers like normal.

Each round, you will be paired up with one opponent. You will both draft an army from one of the below pools (as assigned that round). For example, if you are using the Jandar pool, and your opponent drafts Concan, you will not be able to draft Concan. Similarly, if you draft 1 squad of Phantom Knights, your opponent would only be able to draft 1 squad of Phantom Knights.

The Draft works as follows:
Dice off. High roll drafts first.
Draft in a 1-2-2-2-2 etc. pattern. (IE Player A drafts 1 card; Player B drafts 2 cards; Player A drafts 2 cards; etc.)
Each copy of a common card is a separate pick.
Armies are not placed until all units have been drafted.
Once you are out of points, you may not draft any more cards (but you may continue to draft up to the point limit even if the extra card(s) would put you over the figure limit).

Draft Pools (below each name, you'll see the size of the army you're drafting):

Jandar Pool
470 Points, 16 Figures

2x 4th Mass
2x Knights of Weston
2x Sentinels of Jandar
2x Phantom Knights
2x Mezzodemon Warmongers
Alastair MacDirk
Finn the Viking Champion
Thorgrim the Viking Champion
Eldgrim the Viking Champion
Concan the Kyrie Warrior
Sgt Drake (RotV)
Sam Brown
Sir Dupuis
Tarn Viking Warriors
Agent Skahen
Otonashi
Kyntella Gwyn
Arkmer

Utgar Pool
600 Points, 14 Figures

3x Arrow Gruts
2x Death Chasers
2x Heavy Gruts
2x Greenscale Warriors
2x Axegrinders of the Burning Forge
2x Swog Rider
Darrak Ambershard
Ornak
Nerak
Krug
Mimring
Moltenclaw
Me-Burq-Sa
Ogre Pulverizer
Ogre Warhulk
Mind Flayer Mastermind
Frost Giant of Morh
Brunak
Feral Troll
Iskra Esenwein
Marcu Esenwein
Isamu
Guilty McCreech
Master of the Hunt

Scouts Pool
445 Points, 16 Figures

3x Fyorlag Spiders
3x Death Knights of Valkrill
3x Armoc Vipers
3x Mohican River Tribe
2x Horned Skull Brutes
2x Goblin Cutters
3x Dumutef Guard
2x Air Elemental
2x Black Wyrmling
2x Red Wyrmling
2x White Wyrmling
1x Blue Wyrmling
Venoc Warlord
Brave Arrow
Theracus
Wyvern
Sujoah
Zetacron
Estivara
Johnny Shotgun Sullivan
Brandis Skyhunter

Maps:
Pools and glyphs are preset to the maps. We are using maps from across the past season (with the exception of superfrog's Canary, a map currently in the WoS queue).

JANDAR MAPS:

Frossenmere by mad_wookiee
1x SotM, 1x TT
Wannok (center), New Ulaniva, Dagmar

Brought By:

Vulcan Ridge by Chris Perkins
1x BftU, 2x Marvel, 1x VW
Valda, New Ulaniva

Brought By:

Guardian by Dignan
1x RotV, 1x FotA
New Ulaniva, Brandar (Disengage)

Brought By:

UTGAR MAPS:

Daedalus by mad_wookiee
1x RotV, 1x RttFF, 1x FotA
Wannok, Dagmar

Brought By:

Timber Ridge Road by GameBear (original by Killometer)
1x RotV, 2x RttFF
Wannok (center), Dagmar, Brandar (Disengage)

Brought By:

Canary by superfrog
2x BftU, 1x TJ
Wannok, New Ulaniva

Brought By:

SCOUTS MAPS:

Grendel by mad_wookiee (modified by GameBear)
1x SotM, 1x BftU, 2x TJ
Lodin, Valda

Brought By:

Shoots and Leaves by GameBear
1x BftU, 1x RttFF, 1x TJ
Lodin, Brandar (Disengage)

Brought By:

Apocalypse Now by Typhon2222
1x BftU, 2x Marvel, 1x TJ
Lodin, Dagmar

Brought By:

Glyph Pool:
Power Glyphs (face-up): Dagmar, Wannok, Valda, Brandar, New Ulaniva, New Lodin
Brandar: Disengage (while you control this glyph, all your figures gain Disengage)
New Ulaniva: Once per order marker, before rolling attack dice, you can roll one additional attack die
New Lodin: +2 to your D20 rolls

Attendees:
1. OEAO
2. Dragon Ruler
3. Chris Perkins
4. Ginglebong
5. Joecrazy
6. Niko

Maybe:
Cleon
Leevancleef
Leevancleef +1
Niko +1

Mentions:

Last edited by OEAO; October 9th, 2023 at 03:00 PM.
Old August 19th, 2022, 10:38 PM

Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: New England Tourney 10/1/22

PAST EVENTS:

5/20/23
RESULTS
Spoiler Alert!

3/11/23
RESULTS
Spoiler Alert!

1/7/23
Season I, Event 3
RESULTS

Spoiler Alert!

11/5/22
Season I, Event 2
RESULTS

Spoiler Alert!

10/1/22
Season I, Event 1
RESULTS

Spoiler Alert!

Sweet, I will definitely be there.

There's a chance I'll end up with a +1 or +2, but doesn't seem likely at the moment, so don't count on that. But I'll update on this thread if I can talk either of them into coming.

Thanks for all the work that's gone into setting this up.

Question about the map 'Blindgate' - what are the official rules for the absence of tiles in the middle of the map? Specifically:
1) Can you have Line of Sight over an empty space (for attacks & auras)?
2) Do you count spaces for ranged attacks over only spaces that are present, or also blank spaces?

Actually haven't played a map like this before, so wanted to clarify.

Last edited by OEAO; August 31st, 2023 at 06:37 PM.
Old August 19th, 2022, 10:59 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

1) yes.
2) only spaces that exist.
Old August 20th, 2022, 01:26 AM
Baron of Beantown V

Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun

I’ll be there
Old August 20th, 2022, 03:06 AM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

FYI - based on the OP of the other thread...I believe these are also confirmed attendees...

Quote:
Attending:
itsbuzzi
Chris Perkins
Tritzix
Warlord Alpha
leevancleef & +1
Bunjee
Elstree

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old August 20th, 2022, 06:19 AM

leevancleef is surprisingly tart

Hello - Just wanted to clarify the format is classic scape only. No VC. Correct?
Old August 20th, 2022, 09:38 AM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
FYI - based on the OP of the other thread...I believe these are also confirmed attendees...

Quote:
Attending:
itsbuzzi
Chris Perkins
Tritzix
Warlord Alpha
leevancleef & +1
Bunjee
Elstree
Great thanks!
Old August 20th, 2022, 09:38 AM
Cooking Rice is Hard

Quote:
Originally Posted by leevancleef View Post
Hello - Just wanted to clarify the format is classic scape only. No VC. Correct?
Correct- no VC or Marvel. I updated the first post. Thanks!
Old August 20th, 2022, 06:32 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

Tagging those who were interested in the other thread: @bunjee @Elstree @itsbuzzi @Tritzix @Warlord_Alpha @Curry_Noodles @Joseph_Sweeney . Want to make sure you all saw this thread.

Also tagging @Chris_Perkins , @Cleon , and @leevancleef to get your thoughts here.

Would people be interested in getting lunch before the event? There are a bunch of restaurants close to the game store, and back when IslandScape was a thing down on Long Island, some of us would get lunch at the Panera right by that game store. It was always a fun pre-tourney hang, and it's especially nice for anyone traveling a bit farther. I know Chris, my dad, and I are planning on grabbing lunch beforehand (not sure where yet).

Also, would people prefer 4 or 5 rounds if we have 16 or less? With 16 people, 4 rounds leads to a clean championship between 2 3-1s (and it works if there are less than 16 too). But 5 rounds is more bang for your buck, especially for those traveling farther. IslandScape was always 5 rounds, and sometimes the 4-0 would lose to a 3-1 in the championship (happened to me once), and the winner of that game would be the winner overall. I have no problem doing it that way, and I think 5 rounds is just better (assuming we have more than just, say, 8 people), but I'm open to suggestions.
Old August 20th, 2022, 06:55 PM

Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Talking Re: New England Tourney 10/1/22

Quote:
Originally Posted by leevancleef View Post
This is Mike we are talking about! Sorry, Mike, couldn't resist!!

What GenCon taught me was to assume only one skull on three dice!
Old August 20th, 2022, 07:33 PM

leevancleef is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by OEAO View Post
Tagging those who were interested in the other thread: @bunjee @Elstree @itsbuzzi @Tritzix @Warlord_Alpha @Curry_Noodles @Joseph_Sweeney . Want to make sure you all saw this thread.

Also tagging @Chris_Perkins , @Cleon , and @leevancleef to get your thoughts here.

Would people be interested in getting lunch before the event? There are a bunch of restaurants close to the game store, and back when IslandScape was a thing down on Long Island, some of us would get lunch at the Panera right by that game store. It was always a fun pre-tourney hang, and it's especially nice for anyone traveling a bit farther. I know Chris, my dad, and I are planning on grabbing lunch beforehand (not sure where yet).

Also, would people prefer 4 or 5 rounds if we have 16 or less? With 16 people, 4 rounds leads to a clean championship between 2 3-1s (and it works if there are less than 16 too). But 5 rounds is more bang for your buck, especially for those traveling farther. IslandScape was always 5 rounds, and sometimes the 4-0 would lose to a 3-1 in the championship (happened to me once), and the winner of that game would be the winner overall. I have no problem doing it that way, and I think 5 rounds is just better (assuming we have more than just, say, 8 people), but I'm open to suggestions.
I’d be open to eating lunch. My plan is to travel down from ME the night before and stay with family in CT. I believe the game store is approx. 40 min from where we’ll be.
Old August 20th, 2022, 08:00 PM

Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
I'd definitely join for lunch before. And I'm always up for a Panera

Quote:
More rounds is definitely better. I'd certainly prefer 5 rounds regardless of whether it makes a 'clean break' or not.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events