Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Maps & Scenarios
Marvel Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios built primarily for Marvel terrain and figures.

Notices

Old February 24th, 2010, 12:11 AM

mrcrimson wears ripped pants of awesomeness mrcrimson wears ripped pants of awesomeness mrcrimson wears ripped pants of awesomeness mrcrimson wears ripped pants of awesomeness mrcrimson wears ripped pants of awesomeness mrcrimson wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Battlefields of Marvel (BoM) Discussion Thread

I know that if I was building the batcave, I wouldn't mind giving it a generic name like "tech caverns" or something. I just took an off shift at work which will allow for a ton of free time to build/playtest. If you guys do a new type of group, would there be limits to how many sets you could use like BoV?
Old February 24th, 2010, 12:17 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Yeah, you're probably right. Do the iconic places with generic names.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old February 24th, 2010, 12:24 AM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

I'll get to work!

Old February 24th, 2010, 09:58 AM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeblewalker View Post
I can see making them more generic. The Baxter Building is really just a lab; Paradise Island is just some castle stuff with palm trees around it; and so on.

Marvel Sites
1) Savage Land Jungle with volcano
2) Baxter Building Science lab
3) Castle Doom Castle
4) SHIELD probably keep as such
5) Blue Area of the Moon - any lunar landscape, but not breathable unless it's domed over or something like the Blue Area

etc. for the DC stuff.
This. Yes!
Old February 24th, 2010, 10:55 AM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

So here is the question again, and I would especially like to here from Cav: Do we want to pump life back into this project, or start something new?

I really see BoM (I still hate saying that name ) as attempting to feel a need that doesn't really exist, mainly due to BoV's prolific and exceptional work. I think as we have been discussing this, there is a strong need in the community to have a collection of archetypal maps that are general to the universe and characters of comics, but are specific to theme and settings. I am really only interested in doing the archetypal maps as a collaborative/group effort. What about you guys?
Old February 24th, 2010, 12:30 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
I am really only interested in doing the archetypal maps as a collaborative/group effort. What about you guys?
My thoughts exactly.

Old February 24th, 2010, 01:56 PM

Jdet is surprisingly tart

What if people were to develop a campaign (I hate to use the words "dungeon crawl") similar to Swarm of the Marro for Marvel? It could be something along the lines of Spiderman, Iron Man, and Captain America vs. Dr. Doom, Venom and a whole lot of Doombots over various maps.
Old February 24th, 2010, 01:58 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I guess it depends ... does this group want to be just about maps or about scenarios as well?

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old February 24th, 2010, 02:04 PM

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

If I am working on Scenarios, it is going to be over in the C3G, as there are lots of talented playtesters there to help balance it. But what C3G and this entire community doesn't have, is a collaborative group effort working towards making Super Maps without any additional strings attached... just maps made for Supers.
Old February 24th, 2010, 02:09 PM

Likewise ... unless this became a separate C3G Map and Scenario division, or something ...

Old February 24th, 2010, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Likewise ... unless this became a separate C3G Map and Scenario division, or something ...
Gosh! I was just about to post something along those lines.

I would only like this project to be a part of C3G if it could maintain its own creative control, and not be subjected to the Heroes of C3G. Basically if us "Map Makers" could do our own thing without being controlled by non-mapmakers would I be OK with this idea being an extension of C3G. This project needs its own independence, but it would be nice to have the credibility and the support of the C3G. Plus the badges look great. Also, it would be nice to bring more people and projects into the C3G family.
Old February 24th, 2010, 02:15 PM

If you wanted to do scenarios, though, I think you'd need to secure a dedicated group of playtesters.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Maps & Scenarios