Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles
Custom Terrain & Obstacles For Custom terrain, buildings, and other misc. obstacles

Notices

Old January 4th, 2018, 02:33 PM

Dhaphaos rolls all skulls baby! Dhaphaos rolls all skulls baby! Dhaphaos rolls all skulls baby! Dhaphaos rolls all skulls baby!
Modular dungeon walls (inspired by Raudulfr)

I saw a great idea posted by Raudulfr yesterday that was never completed. Modular walls for a dungeon themed run or just as movement blockers/additional scenery. I've been picking my brain on something to create for tabletop gaming since purchasing my 3D printer (It's mostly used for racing drone parts.) This fit perfectly with 3d printing capability. My thought is to make these a standard depth hex that lock in to the game board.

I'd love any input on design. Wall height, textures, doorways etc. The possibilities seem endless on what could be done with this. I had a little time on lunch today to get a rough concept put on the screen. Just an idea of how it would look and piece together.

Old January 4th, 2018, 02:47 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth
Re: Modular dungeon walls (inspired by Raudulfr)

Looks awesome.

A brick wall with windows would be awesome if this works out.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old January 5th, 2018, 08:12 AM

Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Looks killer Dhaphaos!
Old January 5th, 2018, 11:55 AM

Dhaphaos rolls all skulls baby! Dhaphaos rolls all skulls baby! Dhaphaos rolls all skulls baby! Dhaphaos rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Looks awesome.

A brick wall with windows would be awesome if this works out.
Noted! I'm sure that wouldn't be too hard to model.
Old January 6th, 2018, 01:19 AM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!

Why not multiple heights? Other than that, I would just say to have a hard mortar line that indicates levels like other official walls have.
Old January 6th, 2018, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Minivann View Post
Why not multiple heights? Other than that, I would just say to have a hard mortar line that indicates levels like other official walls have.
Different heights and shapes for sure. As for the level lines I had to pull out a castle set and look. I completely forgot about the height lines. Good call.
Old January 6th, 2018, 11:51 PM

SinChan is surprisingly tart

This looks really cool if it works, I can't wait to see the finished result!
Old January 8th, 2018, 11:38 AM

Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

My original intent was not for these to be on the board, but rather literal dungeon walls, height was never even considered since they would go up to the dungeon's "ceiling".

But, if these are used as obstacles on a normal HS board, they yeah, they'd need height markings. I suppose they could be used as both! haha

Quote:
Old January 8th, 2018, 02:46 PM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

Following this thread.
Old January 8th, 2018, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raudulfr Shieldcrusher View Post
My original intent was not for these to be on the board, but rather literal dungeon walls, height was never even considered since they would go up to the dungeon's "ceiling".

But, if these are used as obstacles on a normal HS board, they yeah, they'd need height markings. I suppose they could be used as both! haha

Quote:
I'm following suit. The modular dungeon design is what struck me as awesome. If the pieces are successful I'll branch off into other heights shapes etc. Not a whole lot of progress since the first images but I have some time this week to finalize a few small walls and test print.
Old January 9th, 2018, 07:45 AM

I found some old images I made to work out how the pieces function:

H is supposed to be a door.
I is supposed to be a straight wall section.

Maybe this will help?
Old January 9th, 2018, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raudulfr Shieldcrusher View Post
I found some old images I made to work out how the pieces function:

H is supposed to be a door.
I is supposed to be a straight wall section.

Maybe this will help?
Ah this is great, thank you for sharing Raudulfr. I worked on some tiles late last night. My wall orientation was different and yours makes more sense. I can't wait to get some parts printed up.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles