Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old September 24th, 2018, 12:56 PM

RaylaSan is surprisingly tart
Post Getting my boyfriend to be more accepting of customs

My boyfriend is a huge Heroscape fan, owns pretty much all the sets and everything, it's one of the main things he obsesses about a lot. Not too long ago, I remember asking my boyfriend what his opinions on customs were and if he was aware of them.

He didn't care too much about custom terrain, but he had a particularly strong distaste for custom figures. He had no rhyme, nor no good reason to actually hate them. He just didn't like them, I would force him to look at the cool customs people had made, and while he did admit that he thought some of them were cool looking, he honestly felt that it wasn't made by a true Heroscape fan because they wanted to mess up with the sanctity of the game? I don't know, It was confusing…

Anyway, he made it quite clear to me that he absolutely hated customs and would never learn to appreciate them. Therefore, I did what any normal girlfriend would do, and bought him a custom Heroscape figure for his birthday, and a regular Heroscape figure he didn't already own, to see what would happen.

He opened both presents, and he was really happy to see a Heroscape figure he didn't already own, something more to add to his collection. He opened the custom, and he had the most disappointed look of disgust and horror in his face, he immediately began to point out everything that was wrong with the figure and the card it came with, example would be wrong font choice, wrong base, and stuff like that.

Thankfully, despite his obvious distaste for the figure, he did agree to play one game with him.

Fast forward a year later, and that custom figure is now part of his main army, he apparently liked the way it trolled his opponents.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion