Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > Gen Con
Gen Con Anything and everything that has to do with Gencon!

Notices

Old March 11th, 2020, 01:23 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth
Re: Gen Con 2020 Events

Really? Downtown area?
I looked into that a few times.
Old March 11th, 2020, 03:11 PM

Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness

20 minutes away. We stayed in a smaller house last year. I have good parking and we can house 12 in the house. Costs are down and we carpool. Gencon on the cheap! I booked it last year as I was driving home from Gencon through AirBnB.

What GenCon taught me was to assume only one skull on three dice!
Old March 11th, 2020, 03:30 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Nice. Well done.
Old March 13th, 2020, 12:36 PM
Huge Fanboy

Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Yesterday the Gov banned groups of 250+ from gathering. I'm starting to feel less confident that it's gonna happen, in it's present form.

GAME OVER Moon Pie!
Old March 13th, 2020, 01:29 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahnarama View Post
Yesterday the Gov banned groups of 250+ from gathering. I'm starting to feel less confident that it's gonna happen, in it's present form.
I mean, GenCon is still 4.5 months away. A virus like this, while concerning, I don't think will last that long. I imagine it'll be under wraps within the next couple months after it runs its course and/or they create the necessary vaccine. But what do I know lol...I could also be totally wrong.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old March 13th, 2020, 02:31 PM
Online HS Season 10 Champion

vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth

I think it's basically impossible to estimate how long this is going to last because the government has tested such a small percent of the population. Gencon probably won't decide until at least June though, unless things get really bad. I do hope to see everyone though!
Old March 14th, 2020, 02:40 PM
Huge Fanboy

Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahnarama View Post
I mean, GenCon is still 4.5 months away. A virus like this, while concerning, I don't think will last that long. I imagine it'll be under wraps within the next couple months after it runs its course and/or they create the necessary vaccine. But what do I know lol...I could also be totally wrong.
Ok not to get political but some back story, when I heard Pence was in charge I knew that this septic tank would end up blowing up in his face. When he was Gov he let and HIV outbreak explode in a small Indiana county while he prayed about it. That was his plan. Not needle exchanges or sending in the Health Dept

One of Indiana's Senators defended him 2 weeks ago saying that Pence had learned from his past mistakes....nope

GAME OVER Moon Pie!
Old March 14th, 2020, 03:01 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I know when dok and I were discussing it, he said that he felt it was far enough away that it wouldn't likely be an issue and poor response to the virus would bring the peak faster making it even less likely Gencon would be cancelled. I know I'm making plans as if it's still on, but I'm also preparing in case it isn't.

~Dysole, currently sick but not with COVID since she has the wrong symptoms
Old March 14th, 2020, 06:07 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

I’m not sure that I buy into the theory that, because we are so poorly prepared, this will all be over sooner.

As for whether it’s too “political” to say that we are unprepared, there are facts on the ground about this leadership and what it’s done and not done.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old May 19th, 2020, 12:35 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Given that GenCon 2020 has been cancelled will this decision be revisited?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthias Maccabeus View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash_19 View Post

I'd love to know - are those of you who run GenCon considering an online format as a possibility if the actual convention is canceled?
The short answer is no.
It could be cool to have a weekend of timed games, complete with a discord voice channel (or three) for everyone to hang out in and voice/video chat between games.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old May 19th, 2020, 12:50 PM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
Given that GenCon 2020 has been cancelled will this decision be revisited?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthias Maccabeus View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash_19 View Post

I'd love to know - are those of you who run GenCon considering an online format as a possibility if the actual convention is canceled?
The short answer is no.
It could be cool to have a weekend of timed games, complete with a discord voice channel (or three) for everyone to hang out in and voice/video chat between games.
Not by the 3.5 of us. We already have other things we have to take care of during that time frame. However, Vegie may have some news for you guys...

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G
Old May 19th, 2020, 02:02 PM
Online HS Season 10 Champion

vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth

The short answer, which is all I have time for at the moment, is yes, there is a set of online Heroscape events played over Discord being planned for the weekend of the now officially cancelled Gencon. It won't be called Gencon, as it isn't Gencon, but we're hoping to translate as much of the experience as possible to online and really just have the fun yearly weekend of Heroscape. We'll have a detailed announcement out in the next few days.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > Gen Con