Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Maps & Scenarios
Marvel Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios built primarily for Marvel terrain and figures.

Old October 18th, 2012, 10:26 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth
Re: Comic Book Conflict Zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
I am this >< close to proposing you be made a member of the mapmaking team. That is really good!
Thanks for the vote of confidence quozl!

I know the map has some high tile requirements which will limit the number of people that can someday build this, but I really love how the map looks on my gaming table. I'd love to get some feedback from anyone that ever builds this map or tries out the scenario.

I used very specific armies simply because their are so many units now in C3G, all with different cool powers, that it might be hard to keep it a fair match up with the win conditions and special rules in place. However, if someone does not have all the minis I suggested you use and want to try part 2 with different armies feel free to give it a go. Part 1 really should only be played with the two armies as they are described though.
Old October 19th, 2012, 12:03 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I like scenarios that feature specific armies. To me, scenarios are all about telling a specific story, but in a way that makes it interactive and challenging, and I think you're accomplishing that here.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old October 22nd, 2012, 07:00 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I know that last map was quite tile heavy and not everyone has the same number of tiles at their disposal that I do. So while I was building and testing that one I was concurrently planning on putting out some low tile, quick set up maps soon after. Before I had finished the Slums of Rio scenario I had already known what the next map would be. Here it is:

Skyjack

And here is a real pic of how it looks with the sky mat.

Outside of the Sky Mat, this set up only requires 2 Marvel Sets.

The Sky hexes do require some special rules, which I included on the last page of the build directions. Otherwise it is a fun little map that can be set up and taken down rather quickly, while providing a new and interesting game format.

Furthermore the basic plane layout is still useful for anyone that has no plans to buy a Sky Mat but does have some other terrain. You just take the base plane build directions and place it on a different base level of tiles.

For example, I by adding 1 RotV & 1 Tundra set to the virtual builder set requirements I quickly threw together this map.

Mountain Plane Crash

Alternately you could have a Jungle Plane Crash board using one or more TJ sets along with a SotM set. Or you could just have a Plane Crash on an open grassy field or sandy beach. So don't feel left out just because you don't own a Sky Mat. The above map pic was just done to provide and example though so no map building directions for that one yet. At some point I may put together a Plane Crash map of some sort that has been fully tested out though if their seems to be a demand.
Old October 22nd, 2012, 07:27 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Cool idea! Battling on top of an air plane midair sounds like something to do in the Superhero Universe for sure!

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old February 4th, 2013, 03:48 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

That is sweet YK! Nice work.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old February 5th, 2013, 08:45 AM
I reserve my inappropriate love for Heroscape.

Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I can't see the pics. It sounds awesome though.
Old February 5th, 2013, 01:26 PM
C3G Landlord

Thanks guys!

All the pics are showing up for me so not sure what to tell you G-O.
Old March 26th, 2013, 06:25 PM
C3G Landlord

These next few are not exactly Marvel maps but since Superheros are often traveling across the galaxy and between alternate dimensions, I could be fun to have them show up at some Star Wars locations.

The truth is these are for the HoSS map making contest and I didn't really want to start a whole new thread just for my HoSS themed maps so I added them on here. I'll be posting the maps here and then linking them back to that thread for the official submission. That way anyone who cares to comment or give some feedback can do so here without clogging up the contest thread.

My first map will be my interpretation of Baggars' Canyon on Tatooine, which could really sub in for a canyon on Earth or some alien world a superhero once visited.
Old March 26th, 2013, 06:32 PM
C3G Landlord

Baggar’s Canyon Competitive Map

Build Directions

Required Sets: 2 RotV Master Sets, 1 BftU Master Set

Each team only gets 20 start zone spaces.

Map Bio – Baggar’s Canyon is known throughout the Galaxy from its inclusion on the Pod Race circuit, but the great chasm of Tatooine represents so much more. The main canyon stretches out for miles with hundreds of smaller fissures branching off, this is one such location. An ancient people built a settlement here once, long since abandoned and fallen into ruins now it still finds itself inhabited from time to time and the location of much strife.

Tusken Raiders and Jawa Scavengers, Smugglers and Space Pirates, Rebels and even Sith Lords have sought refuge here seeking shelter from aerial bombardments among its high canyon walls. Narrow twists and turns create choke points from which to attack those fooling enough to pursue them. The life blood of many species has soaked these sands over the centuries, bestowing upon these sands a supernatural force inspired power that extends out to those seeking refuge.

Womp Rats have long claimed this area as a home as well. Burrowing into the ground or nesting in the many caves and cracks found along the canyon floor. Quick to scurry about and hide among the shadows they can be a challenge to find and kill. Food is hard to come by on the desert planet though so when intruders enter their domain, they will try to steal a quick bite of anything that passes close by.

Special Rules and Clarifications

Sands of Blood – When a figure standing on a sand hex is targeted for a non-adjacent attack that originates from higher ground, the defending figure adds one automatic shield to their defense roll.

Womp Rat Attack – Any figure that ends its movement on a shadow tile or on a sand hex adjacent to a shadow tile must roll the D20 before attacking or using any special powers that take place after movement. Roll only once for each figure that moved this turn, figures that move zero spaces do not roll. On a roll of 18 or higher, that figure has been bitten by a Womp Rat and immediately takes one wound.

Canyon Walls – Any edge of the map adjacent to a rock tile represents a very tall canyon wall and as such line of sight may not pass through the empty space between tiles. In order for a figure to make a ranged attack, it must be able to establish a direct line of sight to the target. Furthermore, figures may not fly or leap over this empty space between tiles in an attempt to take a short cut.

Last edited by Yodaking; March 26th, 2013 at 06:43 PM.
Old March 26th, 2013, 06:39 PM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

Love Beggar's Canyon! It doesn't look like it, but are there any places where the canyon walls are less than 3 spaces apart? Concerned about leaping across - if people ignore the Canyon Walls special rule.

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031
Old March 26th, 2013, 06:55 PM
C3G Landlord

I'm not sure I understand the question, all along the edge you can see 1 and 2 hex holes between the rock tiles jutting out, which is why I came up with the Canyon Wall rule. I wanted to force flying and leaping figures to move around the edge of the map instead of taking short cuts through the canyon walls. Same issue with ranged attacks going around corners based on the basic Heroscape rules.
Old March 26th, 2013, 07:09 PM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

Sorry if it was unclear. I think I misunderstood Canyon Walls. I meant from one side of the canyon to the other - from one wall to the other, over the middle. Are there any places where the walls are less than 3 spaces apart? HoSS has some figures in development that have a leap power with a move of 3. If they were able to leap from one side of the canyon to the other, it could affect the balance.

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Maps & Scenarios