Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Movies
Movies Not Heroscape-related.

Old October 8th, 2018, 01:07 AM
Most Effort : Least Points

Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Movies: What did You Watch Last Night?

Saw Coco yesterday. That movie was phenomenal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleksandr I. Solzhenitsyn
The simple step of a courageous individual is not to take part in the lie.
Old October 16th, 2018, 06:56 AM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Horrible Bosses. It was... ok.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old October 22nd, 2018, 11:58 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

My wife wanted to watch Transformers: The Last Knight on Saturday, so we all watched it. I didn't have high expectations going in, but I was surprised at how bad it was.

Such a scatterbrained mess.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old October 22nd, 2018, 12:13 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

I watched a couple movies over the weekend. I watched Deadpool 2 and Tag. My wife also rented the new jurassic world fallen kingdom. Surprisingly I didnt really watch the dinosaur movie. Deadpool was just as funny as the first one and I really enjoyed it. The Tag movie was a little cheesy but it was pretty funny too.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old October 22nd, 2018, 12:55 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
My wife wanted to watch Transformers: The Last Knight on Saturday, so we all watched it. I didn't have high expectations going in, but I was surprised at how bad it was.

Such a scatterbrained mess.
Okay, so this doesn't quite fit here, but while I like the Transformers (primarily from the old tv cartoon, but also from the toys and the occasional comic), I've never seen one of the current set of movies owing to how poorly they've been received. I've been curious though.

So at the library the other day, I saw that Peter David, a solid writer of Star Trek books and a pretty good comic book writer, had written the novelization of Transformers: Dark Side of the Moon. I decided that a novel that could fill in the gaps and rely on some good writing to cover blurry action scenes might make the story enjoyable. Oh I was wrong. So very, very wrong.

The plot is not save-able. If anything, the absence of the spectacle of big stompy robots racing around casts even more light on just how bad the plot is. I realize that the idea of transforming robots from outer space is inherently silly, yet no one in the whole story really even acted like common sense was something they'd heard of, much less something they might use.

I find, at this point, that the part that really, really kills me is the idea that Armstrong and Aldrin, on their first moon landing, used 20 minutes of radio silence to... run to the dark side of the moon, locate an alien space ship, and run back. Now, I'm not 100% on my moon geography, but I think Apollo 11 landed something like a thousand miles away from the far side of the moon. 20 minutes. Round trip. Running.

~Aldin, noting that happened in the first 50 pages or so and at least set expectations even lower for the rest of the book

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old October 23rd, 2018, 01:12 AM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!

Yikes! Just a bit of googling and armchair estimation, I figure they are at least 200-300 miles from the dark side. They were hauling!
Old October 23rd, 2018, 11:00 AM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

They were making giant leaps for mankind!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old October 29th, 2018, 05:30 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

Seen:
Venom
A Star is Born
Halloween
Night School
The Old Man and the Gun

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez
Old October 29th, 2018, 06:37 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey'tilIDie View Post
Seen:
Venom
A Star is Born
Halloween
Night School
The Old Man and the Gun
Thoughts?

Old November 1st, 2018, 04:37 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

Venom was good, but not great considering they took out the tie-in to Spider-man. I think they did an interesting job of making the story work without that interaction. There is definitely a loophole to bring the two back together in the future, but we'll see.
A Star is Born was fantastic! I was blown away by how raw and painful Bradley Cooper's performance was. I know that this is a movie and theme that has been filmed at least 3 other times in Hollywood, but I'd never seen it. Lady Gaga was also very good, as I kept forgetting it was her until she would sing. Songs were actually pretty good too.
Halloween was a nice closing to the series. I have not seen every sequel, so I may have missed some relevant parts. But if you were only familiar with the original and then watched this one, I think it would definitely meld well together. They teased showing Michael's face several times, but did not go through with it. Great camera work!
Night School was funny although a little unrealistic at times. I like most of the actors and find them funny, although I realized that Kevin Hart is beginning to wear on me. I think that happens when you play the same character over and over. I mean, he has never really played anyone other than himself.
The Old Man and the Gun was interesting. Its a Robert Redford film also starring Danny Glover, Sissy Spacek, and Casey Affleck. They did a really good job of using old film footage and pictures of Redford, which made the older footage seem actually part of the story. It was just a story though. Allegedly a true one, but it didn't have the usual closure of a Hollywood film. Just kinda ended. It was slow in parts too, but all in all, I liked it. I'd definitely recommend to a fan of bank heist films, Robert Redford, or even Casey Affleck.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez
Old November 1st, 2018, 05:18 PM
Prickly Cactus

Thanks Spidey'tilIDie

Old November 1st, 2018, 05:23 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Solid reviews there Spidey. Saw Venom in the theater but I think I will wait on the rest.

Anyone seen First Man? Trying to decide if I should wait on that or not.

Last edited by Tornado; November 1st, 2018 at 05:41 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Movies