Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Notices

View Poll Results: Who do you believe is the better Hero in Unit Debate #4?
Brave Arrow 17 23.94%
Migol Ironwill 54 76.06%
Voters: 71. You may not vote on this poll

Old July 3rd, 2009, 04:36 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth
Unit Debate #4 -- Brave Arrow Vs. Migol Ironwill

The Unit Debates have officially moved to the Official Units Forum!

With the 4th of July tomorrow, I have decided to go ahead and start next week's Unit Debate in case any Heroscapers will not be on tomorrow. And to celebrate the release of Wave 9, I shall have a debate between two units from Wave 9. This week is between the Mohican Native American Brave Arrow, and the Dwarf Leader Migol Ironwill. Who will be that last standing?

I am not asking for some strategies to use, though you could name some if you like. I am asking in your opinion, with proof shown, who you believe is the better unit.

With these Heroes, you may discuss thier bonding units with them also, and/or units that are directly affected by thier presence (i.e. Mohican River Tribe).
EDIT: I highly suggest you use thier main bonding units in this debate when considering whom is better.

Compare the units by looking at thier:

1. Stats/Special Powers

2. Playability

3. Overall Usefullness

4. Who Would Win Head-To-Head

5. Army Builds

Here is an example of how to answer:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Einar Gen.
I think most of the time the knights would have the advantage.The way I see it, the knights are good, well rounded figures capable of taking down other squads in decent time due to their 3 atk dice, and lasting for a longer time against heroes due to their 4 defense dice and coward's reward. The gladiators, on the other hand, are heavy hitters. There is one less member to a squad, but most of the time they will have 1 better move and attack than the knights, resulting in better chances of killing tougher targets. Honestly, it's hard to compare the two cause of how different they are. But if it came down to an all out brawl, my money'd be on the knight's squads and the gladiator's heroes.

Unit Debates List is now located in the Official Units Forum!

Hint for next week's debate:

Spoiler Alert!

MegaSilver

Last edited by MegaSilver; July 3rd, 2009 at 05:50 PM. Reason: I highly suggest you use thier main bonding units in this debate when considering whom is better.
Old July 3rd, 2009, 04:56 PM

Bonecrusher rolls all skulls baby! Bonecrusher rolls all skulls baby! Bonecrusher rolls all skulls baby! Bonecrusher rolls all skulls baby! Bonecrusher rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Unit Debate #4 -- Brave Arrow Vs. Migol Ironwill

BA. Now someone tell me why MI is better and we can start a debate.

Quote:
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.
Old July 3rd, 2009, 04:56 PM

foofoofun rolls all skulls baby! foofoofun rolls all skulls baby! foofoofun rolls all skulls baby! foofoofun rolls all skulls baby! foofoofun rolls all skulls baby! foofoofun rolls all skulls baby!

I vote migol.

Hey friends, I know that this is a time of high emotions and stress.
Take a breath, everyone here is on edge and that’s ok. It’s ok to be stressed.

Things will get better.
Have a nice day.
Old July 3rd, 2009, 04:57 PM

Bonecrusher rolls all skulls baby! Bonecrusher rolls all skulls baby! Bonecrusher rolls all skulls baby! Bonecrusher rolls all skulls baby! Bonecrusher rolls all skulls baby!

Why? BA is cheaper and semi-bonds with a more competitive squad IMO. He does something better with decent stats and amazing defense at range. MI isn't really viable without the Dwarves and with them he is slowing them down, holding them back.

Quote:
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.
Old July 3rd, 2009, 04:58 PM

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Don't know why it is so funny. It just is.

MegaSilver
Old July 3rd, 2009, 05:07 PM

panakalego has disabled reputation

I'd say Migol would win in a head-to-head due to his Deadly Strike and One Shield Defense. As well as in overall usefulness, IMO, neither of them offer a whole lot of synergy with other units, except for Mr. Mohican's melee support but, it isn't worth much.

I might not post often or contribute to the community, but I play HeroScape and I love what HeroScapers does here.
Old July 3rd, 2009, 05:17 PM

Einar Gen. knows what's in an order marker Einar Gen. knows what's in an order marker

I voted Migol, simply because I think I'll be using him more, but here's my opinion:
This debate does not work quite as well as the others, simply because these are two units who couldn't be more different. Head to head, Migol would win, hands down. Neither is extremely useful without their squad. Migol is capable of being a competitive figure by himself in a casual game, where as BA would not last as long. Migol, however, is 110 points, making him an early choice when drafting. Brave Arrow is an absolute beast for 50 points, making him a great filler. As I've said, they're both very different, making it hard to choose. For now though, I'll go with Migol.
Old July 3rd, 2009, 05:21 PM

Land-based AE rolls all skulls baby! Land-based AE rolls all skulls baby! Land-based AE rolls all skulls baby!

After Krug and Charos, Migol will appear as the most dominant melee hero in the game.

2011 most played: 1. Heroscape/Monsterpocalypse/Quarriors. 4. Warhammer Invasion. 5. Last Night on Earth.
Old July 3rd, 2009, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Einar Gen. View Post
I voted Migol, simply because I think I'll be using him more, but here's my opinion:
This debate does not work quite as well as the others, simply because these are two units who couldn't be more different. Head to head, Migol would win, hands down. Neither is extremely useful without their squad. Migol is capable of being a competitive figure by himself in a casual game, where as BA would not last as long. Migol, however, is 110 points, making him an early choice when drafting. Brave Arrow is an absolute beast for 50 points, making him a great filler. As I've said, they're both very different, making it hard to choose. For now though, I'll go with Migol.
I believe that is the essence of a debate. Both sides are hard to argue, since they are both very good in different situations. One side can be better depending on conditions, in any kind of debate. I believe that a good debate is one that you can argue one side when it is very hard to choose either. You've made a good point, Einar's Gen.

MegaSilver
Old July 3rd, 2009, 05:34 PM
All growed up

Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Migol is a mix between a beatstick and a tank. Oh yeah, and he bonds. The MRT's bonding is fickle, but the dwarves bonding with Migol can do a lot of damage in a turn. He's also pretty good by himself, expecially as an end of the game clean up figure.
Old July 3rd, 2009, 05:48 PM

Oh, I forgot to give the hint for next week's debate!

Look above.

MegaSilver
Old July 3rd, 2009, 05:49 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Migol. Here's why.

1. He's guaranteed to bond. Brave Arrow requires some maneuvering to get him to work.

2. His squad has 4 people in it whose survivability is similar to that of Brave Arrow's who only have a squad of 3.

3. He's a beast to take out. Engage Brave Arrow with anything decent in melee and he's toast.

4. Migol is far more likely to kill some of the tougher units in the game than Brave Arrow will be able to.

Both are very solid figures but fill different parts in an army. Brave Arrow is a lot trickier to use but he hurts a lot when he's engaged with anything that's decent in melee. Honestly haven't played either so this is all theoryscape until I get my Wave 9. I'll let you know if my opinion changes after that.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units