Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Software
Software Software created for enhancing HeroScape

Old June 19th, 2006, 06:19 AM
assistant leader

skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun
Start a thread in Army figs and cards I think it is called now. Then upload there. I use photobucket to do this, let me know if you need help with this.
Old June 19th, 2006, 05:26 PM
has been BANNED

jcb231 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
HCC for free rocks. I feel sorry for the folks that couldn't wait and paid for it. Hooray for free.
Old June 19th, 2006, 06:55 PM
assistant leader

skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun
I am makin great cards because of this program, check out my later posts and you can see em
http://heroscapers.com/community/sho...?t=77&start=90
Old June 19th, 2006, 07:25 PM

0rbital has disabled reputation
Anyone actively using HCC start thinking about what you like/dislike about it. Before too long several of us will take over the coding of HCC.
Old June 19th, 2006, 10:47 PM

ChaosChild has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0rbital
Anyone actively using HCC start thinking about what you like/dislike about it. Before too long several of us will take over the coding of HCC.
The Race and Class fields automatically put an "s" on the end of the word for squads. It would be helpful if it didn't. Undead and Kyrie are some examples that don't need an "s" to be plural.

The Special Ability name field runs into the picture and/or stats when it is too long. I would like it to wrap to a 2nd line correctly. (If you want to try one: Fire Linked Autocannon Special Attack. That is from one of my customs.)

For the Target Area, I would like to be able to change the color of more than 1 pixel at a time. A block of 9 and 4 pixels would be good (Of course leave the 1 pixel in too.).

These are fairly minor issues that I have worked around but, fixing them would make the program that much better and more convenient.

If I think of more, I'll post them here.

Kumiko is not impressed with your sculpt, either.
Old June 19th, 2006, 11:07 PM
assistant leader

A pretty solid program actually. I do like Chaos childs choice on editing the target pic but to be honest I do most of it in paint. I would like to be able to type in which faction the card belongs to though. I have many many templates and I hate switching them to accomplish what I want. If there was a way we could have the faction come up with a scroll much like where you decide your race. I love the military background for all my custom soldiers, I should be able to name those Urban Camo and not have that come up as the faction. I hope that makes sense to you guys. By the way thanks for takin this on guys. I am not a proggramer but if you need things field tested or any help let me know. I will do what I can
Old June 19th, 2006, 11:29 PM
My Mask Fell Off...

minimoose38 is surprisingly tart
I wish the Edit Hitpoint/Target icon thing was a little easier and more precise to use. Maybe a perfect Circle tool for the green vision circle. Other than that I think Program is pretty awesome.
Old June 20th, 2006, 10:07 AM
Master Custom Creator

Annerios knows what's in an order marker Annerios knows what's in an order marker Annerios knows what's in an order marker
One significant problem that I have is with the way the program forces the font size to decrease when you add long (or sometimes just 3) special abilities. There is a point at which it switches over to a smaller font than it should, even though it could support a font size that is a little larger. Having an override for the font size there would be very useful. This was one of the things Regai was going to fix.

A premade green circle for the sighting would be great and some flexible options like in MS paint for taking care of the filling in the gray areas would be nice. (Like Skyknight, I fix that kind of stuff really quickly in Paint, but for others it would be nice).

The ability to add multiple images to the targeting section for when you are creating a squad would be great. Plus, fixing the target figure sizing bug the program currently has.

It would also be nice to have the "official" font types built in for the various fields, although the ones in program are pretty close.

The pluralization issue ChaosChild mentioned is one Regai was going to fix as well.

The ability for the program to remember your last used sorting option in list view and not revert to alphabetical order every time.

Making the nomenclature used in the Tools drop menu and the Card view screen match. There is a "Manage Races" in the drop down and on the Card screen it is named "Species".

Fix the Website Links so it takes you to Heroscapers.com and not the dead HQ!

Those are my main gripes after using the program to make quite a few cards. I paid for the program, but have no regrets, because for the price of one small figures pack I have already made a bunch of high quality cards for myself and have helped a few others to make their cards look nicer.

I am glad to hear that the program will live on and that more people are getting access to it now that it is free.
Old June 20th, 2006, 10:28 AM
assistant leader

Did I mention I want the faction to be able to be added to the card?
Old June 20th, 2006, 02:03 PM

0rbital has disabled reputation
Yeah I'm sitting at work now looking at all these points you guys brought up in HCC source code. None of them overly difficult. I'll have my own HCC with all these changes by the end of the day. You guys have to wait for the project to go live before you get them
Old June 20th, 2006, 02:07 PM
Master Custom Creator

Annerios knows what's in an order marker Annerios knows what's in an order marker Annerios knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0rbital
Yeah I'm sitting at work now looking at all these points you guys brought up in HCC source code. None of them overly difficult. I'll have my own HCC with all these changes by the end of the day. You guys have to wait for the project to go live before you get them
That is good news. I can't wait till we have updates again.
Old June 20th, 2006, 02:10 PM
assistant leader

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Software