Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old June 29th, 2019, 09:15 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!
Re: Out-there Heaven (Movie, TV, and Video Game Characters)

Yeah, I'm probably not fiddling with the scale to try and get em exactly perfect. Scale against humans isn't thematically critical.

EDIT: Unless they actually look shrimpy, in which case yea, maybe some tinkering. I'm not gonna get perfectionist about it, though. If they're human-sized, that's good enough for me.

Last edited by Ronin; June 30th, 2019 at 01:08 PM.
Old July 1st, 2019, 03:54 PM
More Interesting Than He Actually Is

Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Kind of surprised there’s no Kratos write-up in the first page, but The Big Show from the upcoming wrestling heroclix looks like he could be the start of a pretty cool Kratos (as long as you take his most recent look).

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/p/277913

C3G Needs You! Interested in playtesting? Want to playtest?
Humbled to have been a C3G Hero!
Old July 1st, 2019, 03:57 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

I always thought a Drax could work. I had this pipe dream of Marvel Ares and Kratos both using the God Of War power off of DC Ares but each one getting different effects from it.

I’ve also been thinking of Dante from Devil May Cry and trying to come up with a “hack n’ slash” mechanic to mimic the way games like DMC and GoW rely on stylish combos.
Old July 1st, 2019, 04:22 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

I thought Johnny Cage represented a combo in gameplay terms pretty well with his first power. Risky to try with a big reward if you pull it off. You could try something similar.
Old July 1st, 2019, 04:31 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
I always thought a Drax could work. I had this pipe dream of Marvel Ares and Kratos both using the God Of War power off of DC Ares but each one getting different effects from it.

I’ve also been thinking of Dante from Devil May Cry and trying to come up with a “hack n’ slash” mechanic to mimic the way games like DMC and GoW rely on stylish combos.
Has Bayonetta been in a comic?? That's my favorite hack n' slash combo game.
Old July 1st, 2019, 04:59 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

I actually really like that idea, Archie. I think I was trying to go too complex when the answer was right in front of me!
Quote:

NAME = DANTE
SECRET IDENTITY = N/A

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = MERCENARY
PERSONALITY = FLIPPANT

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 6

MOVE = 6
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 6
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS = 300?

DEVIL TRIGGER
Dante has the species of Demon in addition to what is listed on his card. When Dante destroys an opponent’s figure, place a red Devil Marker on this card, to a maximum of 3. At the start of the round, you may remove 3 Devil Markers from this card to activate Devil Trigger for the rest of the round. While Devil Trigger is activated, add 1 to Dante’s normal attack and after taking a turn with Dante, remove a wound marker from this card.

REBELLION SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 1. Attack 5 + Special.
If Devil Trigger is activated, roll 1 additional attack die. If you inflicted at least 1 wound with this special attack, you may immediately attack with either Dante’s normal attack or his Ebony And Ivory Special Attack.

EBONY AND IVORY SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 5. Attack 3.
After attacking with this special attack, if you did not roll 2 or more blanks, or if Devil Trigger is activated, you may attack the same figure again. You may continue attacking until you roll 2 or more blanks in a single attack, to a maximum of 4 attacks per turn.
Old July 1st, 2019, 07:03 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margloth View Post
Kind of surprised there’s no Kratos write-up in the first page, but The Big Show from the upcoming wrestling heroclix looks like he could be the start of a pretty cool Kratos (as long as you take his most recent look).

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/p/277913
Their is.a.Kratos.figure. it is by Mega Construx. A little.bigger than HeroClix figures but I figure that should be OK for a good killer.

HoF has a design for him. Check and see what figure they used.
That design is freaking awesome. Check it out.
Old July 5th, 2019, 10:18 AM

CzarChasm knows what's in an order marker CzarChasm knows what's in an order marker CzarChasm knows what's in an order marker

NAME = PYRAMID HEAD
SECRET IDENTITY = N/A

SPECIES = DEMON
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = TORMENTOR
PERSONALITY = RELENTLESS

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 7

MOVE = 4
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 5
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS = 250?

THE FOG DESCENDS
At the beginning of the round, after rolling for initiative, you may reveal an X marker on this card. If you do, for the entire round all powers and attacks that require clear sight have their range reduced to 2.

SWEEPING BLADE SPECIAL ATTACK
Range Special. Attack 4.
Choose two spaces within 1 space of Pyramid Head that are also within 1 space of each other. All other figures on or within 1 space of the chosen spaces that are no more than 3 levels higher than Pyramid Head's height or 3 levels lower than his base are affected by this special attack. Roll attack dice once for all affected figures. Each figure rolls defense dice separately.

TOUGH
When rolling defense dice against a normal attack, Pyramid Head always adds one automatic shield to whatever is rolled.

I have had to re-use 2 powers just because I'm not creative enough to come up with my own so feel free to add your own ideas.
Old July 5th, 2019, 10:30 AM
Just A Head

I actually like that a lot.

Fog Descends could have the range go up a bit maybe, but I really like the basic effect. I’d probably reword it as;
Quote:
If you do, for the entire round, figures more than 2 spaces away from each other are not considered in clear sight of one another.
Maybe a Blind Warrior exception, but given the way that power works I don’t know if you need it.

Sweeping Blade seems like a pretty good reuse here. It’s been a while since I played SH2 but he does have a big Cloud Strife sword. I also think it’s clever how it works around clear sight restrictions.

I’d personally drop Tough and try to go for something a bit more...tormenty? In SH2 he’s specifically a manifestation of James’s troubled psyche that basically exists only to torment him. I know later games have gotten away from that and made him into a mascot for the series as a whole, but that’s still what sticks out to me about the character. In pretty much every game he exists solely to screw with the protagonist. That kind of power matches the rest of the horror characters too.
Old July 5th, 2019, 11:31 AM

CzarChasm knows what's in an order marker CzarChasm knows what's in an order marker CzarChasm knows what's in an order marker

I totally agree but I couldn't think of anything and I wanted him to be hard to kill, hence tough.

In SH2 he is specifically tormenting James because of his guilt over killing his wife. Maybe something like:

"Pyramid Head must attack a character who has previously killed a character this game, if possible"?

Or "When Pyramid Head attacks a figure who has previously destroyed another figure this game, he may attack an additional time"?

I prefer the 2nd one.
Old July 5th, 2019, 11:52 AM
Just A Head

Honestly I’m not personally a fan of mechanics that require that much memory. Not saying they’re bad, just not to my personal tastes.

Here’s my take, stealing some concepts from Ghost Rider.
Quote:
TORMENTOR OF THE GUILTY
At the start of the game, choose an opponent’s Unique Hero. Anytime that Hero destroys a figure, you may place the destroyed figure on the chosen Hero's Army Card. When defending against a normal or special attack from Pyramid Head, the chosen figure rolls 1 fewer defense die for each figure on its card, to a maximum of 2.
Old July 5th, 2019, 04:45 PM

That's much better actually. Thank you.

I know how you feel, there's so much to remember already without adding more.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy