Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old February 23rd, 2016, 11:42 PM
Who ISN'T One of My Brothers??

TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Hawkman (Carter Hall) - Playtesting

Post-Yea

Also on board with him in the next Danger Room wave. Until then, we can get some tests from Heroes and Sidekicks too.

".... the Cambridge ladies do not care, above
Cambridge if sometimes in its box of
sky lavender and cornerless, the
moon rattles like a fragment of angry candy"
Old March 5th, 2016, 07:26 PM

TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun

Note with these games that I played Green Lantern and Doctor Mid-Nite with the proposed changes that would make them function better in the faction. I like the way those change work out, and I would be in favor of them. I still have a nagging feeling that I didn't have a perfect grasp on how to use the Mystery Men to their best, but it's also possible they're coming in a little weak right now. Really fun when you can get their synergy going though. Also note that I played Mister Terrific with the most recently discussed changes:

C3G STANDARD PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE PLAYTEST UNIT: Hawkman

Army Test
Map: Conflict Chernobyl
Units: Hawkman (220), Superman (Kal-L, 360), Starman (190), Flash (220) (990) VS Fantastic Four (1000)
Unit Summary:
Damage:
1 wound to Invisible Woman.
Golden Age Heroism:
  • X OM removed 1 time; 3 figures moved.
  • # OM removed 1 time; 2 extra turns taken, 4 extra dice rolled.
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Units: Hawkman (220), Green Lantern (280), Starman (190), Flash (220), Sandman (80) (990) VS Fantastic Four (1000)
Unit Summary:
Damage:
3 wounds to Mister Fantastic.
Golden Age Heroism:
  • X OM removed 2 times; 8 figures moved.
  • # OM removed 2 times; 3 extra turns taken, 6 extra dice rolled.
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Map: Swamp Lab
Units: Hawkman (220), Superman (Kal-L, 360), Flash (220) (800) VS Iron Patriot (290), Star-Lord (250), Archangel (260) (800)
Unit Summary:
Damage:
5 wounds to Archangel, 3 to Star-Lord.
Golden Age Heroism:
  • X OM removed 1 time; 2 figures moved.
  • # OM removed 3 times; 5 extra turn taken, 9 extra dice rolled.
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Map: Swamp Lab
Units: Hawkman (220), Superman (Kal-L, 360), Flash (220) (800) VS Iron Patriot (290), Star-Lord (250), Archangel (260) (800)
Unit Summary:
Damage:
3 wounds to Archangel.
Golden Age Heroism:
  • X OM removed 1 time; 2 figures moved.
  • # OM removed 2 times; 4 extra turns taken, 8 extra dice rolled.
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Units: Hawkman (220), Starman (190), Sandman (80), Doctor Mid-Nite (150), Mister Terrific (150) (790) VS Luke Cage (190), Iron Fist (260), Spider-Man (250), Ragdoll (100) (800)
Unit Summary:
Damage:
5 wounds to Iron Fist, 2 to Spider-Man.
Golden Age Heroism:
  • X OM removed 3 times; 12 figures moved.
  • # OM removed 4 times; 7 extra turns taken, 13 extra dice rolled.
Spoiler Alert!

THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT'S COST, BALANCE, & DRAFTABILITY: It’s hard to judge Hawkman’s value because so much of it is tied directly into the Mystery Man faction. On top of that, his value each game can swing based on Initiative results. An Init loss at the wrong time can throw a major wrench in Hawkman’s plans. Right now, I would say he’s certainly not overcosted, but very valuable. I wouldn’t mess with his stats, and Golden Age Heroism works fine, I think. His cost works right now at 220, and it’s just a matter of working out the faction as a whole.

GENERAL THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT: Man is it fun when you can pull off a big turn with Golden Age Heroism. I had two or three of those during these games where I got to do a bunch of fun stuff in one turn. It’s not crazy strong, but it is solid, super fun, and really makes the JSA seem like a team.

Old March 5th, 2016, 07:55 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollBrute View Post
GENERAL THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT: Man is it fun when you can pull off a big turn with Golden Age Heroism. I had two or three of those during these games where I got to do a bunch of fun stuff in one turn. It’s not crazy strong, but it is solid, super fun, and really makes the JSA seem like a team.
That was my exact thoughts on it. I'm glad I've won you over on the proposed change to Green Lantern's recharge. I really love how the non-attack turn aspect of Golden Age Heroism has worked out.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old March 5th, 2016, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollBrute View Post
That was my exact thoughts on it. I'm glad I've won you over on the proposed change to Green Lantern's recharge. I really love how the non-attack turn aspect of Golden Age Heroism has worked out.
I was fine with it before, but after playing it, I think it would help out both Green Lantern and Hawkman a bunch.

Old March 5th, 2016, 08:04 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I'll give that thread a bump.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old March 6th, 2016, 10:04 PM
C3G Super League MVP

Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

*bling*
Quote:
NAME OF THE PLAYTESTING UNIT (Hawkman)

Version used:
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test 1
Unit Sum-up:

Damage:

Normal Attack: #.
Power Usage:
Golden Age Heroism: Times used to:
- Move other figures 1.
- Activate other figures 2.
- Added a total of 4 attack dice.
Map: Conflict Chernobyl (no Glyphs).
Units: Army 1: Hawkman (220), Superman (Kal-L, 360), Starman (Ted Knight, 190), Flash (Jay Garrick, 220) (990) VS Army 2: Mr. Fantastic (235), Invisible Woman (215), Thing (325), Human Torch (Johnny Storm, 225) (1000)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test 2
Unit Sum-up:

Damage:

Normal Attack: 1 wound to Frank.
Power Usage:
- Move other figures 0.
- Activate other figures 2.
- Added a total of 2 attack dice.
Units: Army 1: Hawkman (220), Superman (Kal-L, 360), Flash (220) (800) VS Army 2: Frankenstein (320), Werewolf (Jason Russoff, 270), Lizard (200) (790)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test 3
Unit Sum-up:

Damage:

Normal Attack: 8 wounds to Catman, 4 wounds to Knockout, and 2 wounds to King Shark.
Power Usage:
- Move other figures 2.
- Activate other figures 7.
- Added a total of 14 attack dice.
Units: Army 1: Hawkman (220), Starman (Ted Knight, 190), Sandman (80), Doctor Mid-Nite (150), Flash (Jay Garrick, 220) (860) VS Army 2: Catman (170), Black Alice (190), King Shark (220), Knockout (290) (870)
Spoiler Alert!

THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT'S COST, BALANCE, & DRAFTABILITY: Hawkman and the mystery men can be a little of a trick to get in position, but if you do, they are awesome and pretty solid. I don't see the Mystery Men faction being really great, but they will be a lot of fun to play.

GENERAL THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT: I love the turns you can pull off with Hawkman, like having Sandman place the Sleeping Gas, then run one of your figures into it, and finish it off with Jay swapping your figure with an enemy figure. Overall, I think Hawkman feels balanced.

C3G: Books & Online Figure Request
---------------------------------------
Family: Classic Customs & Maps
--------------------------------
My SuperScape Maps
Old March 6th, 2016, 10:58 PM

Nice! I'm really liking how he's looking right now. We might only need one or two tests by the time we get him to the Danger Room.

Old March 30th, 2016, 04:45 PM

C3G STANDARD PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM
NAME OF THE PLAYTEST UNIT: (MISTER TERRIFIC (TERRY SLOAN))
Army Test
Map: Custom (HYDRA GEHENNA BASE with 2 small houses instead of platforms)
Units: Mister Terrific (Terry Sloan) (140), Hawkman (Carter Hall) (220), Starman (Ted Knight) (190), Flash (Jay Garrick) (220), Doctor Mid-Nite (150), Sandman (Wesley Dodds) (80) (1,000) VSFantastic Four (1,000)

Damage Done: 5 Wounds to Invisible Woman.

When they were KO’d: N/A

Man of a Thousand Talents: Used in Round 1 to move Mister Terrific up 4 spaces, then to give a +1 to Gravity Rod. In Round 2 and 3, Sandman advances 4 spaces each. Nets three extra skulls in Round 3 attacks on Invisible Woman. Nets two extra shields in Round 3 and 4 each to defend Thing’s attacks. Nets one extra shield in Round 5 to defend Thing’s attack.

Champion of All Things Fair: During Round 1, this was used to help spare Starman from an early wound when he whiffed on an attack from Human Torch. In Round 2, it grants a reroll to Flash, but the second roll is poor as well. Round 4, helps Hawkman avoid 2 wounds.

Mister Terrific shone here, especially with his rerolls letting him act as a meat shield while the rest of the JSA circled around, strategically moving figures and then picking them off. Champion of All Things Fair saved allies from three wounds, which helped keep the whole team together more effectively. The combination of Hawkman and Mister Terrific really brings this faction together powerfully.

The dice seemed to slightly favor the JSA overall here and the Fan Four is the type of team that if they lose a key piece early, they tend to lose big, but Mister Terrific felt a tad undercosted for how well he performed here.

Spoiler Alert!

Who won? List figures remaining in the winning army (include life remaining for heroes): Mister Terrific with 1 Life, Hawkman with 4 Lives, Doctor Mid-Nite with 3 Lives, and Starman with Full Life win Turn 6, Round 5.

Army Test
Map: Custom (HYDRA GEHENNA BASE with 2 small houses instead of platforms)
Units: Mister Terrific (Terry Sloan) (140), Hawkman (Carter Hall) (220), Starman (Ted Knight) (190), Flash (Jay Garrick) (220), Doctor Mid-Nite (150), Sandman (Wesley Dodds) (80) (1,000) VSCyclops, Angel, Jean Grey, Professor X, Beast, Iceman (1,000)

Damage Done: 2 Wounds on Angel, 1 Wound on Jean Grey.

When they were KO’d: End of the game

Man of a Thousand Talents: Used at the start of Rounds 2 and 3 to advance Hawkman 4 spaces. Used frequently for attack and defense rerolls.

Champion of All Things Fair: Saves Doctor Mid-Nite from a wound in Round 3, and Flash from a wound in Round 4.

Summary of the game:

This was a solid match up. Losing Starman early really hurt the JSA, but they battled back, thanks largely to the contributions of Mister Terrific, Hawkman, and Flash, who each empowered each other well. Sandman had two key Sleeping Gas turn losses for Prof X. as well, but the synergy of the X-Men just couldn’t be held down, with Jean and Angel keeping Prof X. alive to the end.
Spoiler Alert!

Who won? List figures remaining in the winning army (include life remaining for heroes): Professor X with 2 Life, and Iceman and Beast with Full Life win Turn 5, Round 6.

Old March 30th, 2016, 04:46 PM

I'm hoping to run more tests with both Hawkman and Mister Terrific, but they both had solid performances here. I'm thinking a ten point bump to each might be in order. Not sure it's necessary yet, though, especially since I'm really digging that 1,000 point team I played!

Old March 30th, 2016, 07:17 PM
Power abusing superplaytester

Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death!

I posted a couple games in Mister Terrific's thread with Hawkman included.

C3G: Taking Superheroes to a Whole New Level!
C3V: The Legacy of Classic 'Scape!
Viegon & Family's Classic Customs, Maps, and Battlefield Videos.

Enjoy App Games? Try A Day in the Life of Atlas!
Old March 30th, 2016, 07:53 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I've started this card so that there isn't as much of a rush to the finish line.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old March 30th, 2016, 08:04 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

By the way the Background link points to Atom's thread and the image we used there.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library