Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old July 9th, 2011, 08:56 PM
Business Casual

SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth
The Book of Dazzler

The Book of Dazzler

C3G MARVEL WAVE 8
THE MUTANT MENACE

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Mutations and Monsters set.
Its model number and name are #011 / Dazzler.
Character Bio - Alison wanted to pursue a singing career from early adolescence. Once her mutant powers became known, however, she has been repeatedly thrust into situations where she has had to play the part of superhero. Reluctantly she does so, but she is constantly drawn back to the world of entertainment.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • N/A

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:
  • N/A

-Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses-

Immunities:
  • N/A
Benefits:
  • N/A
Weaknesses:_________________________________________________________________

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • Figures with the Sensory Assault or Radar Sense special powers are not affected by Dazzler's Dazzled special power. These figures include: Dagger, Daredevil, Dazzler, Doctor Light.
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-

I know that I do not know.
C3G INDEX - SSE 92 - JSA GENERATIONS

Last edited by Splash; August 5th, 2022 at 04:42 PM. Reason: png
Old July 9th, 2011, 08:57 PM
Business Casual

SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth
Re: Dazzler - Design Phase

NAME = DAZZLER
SECRET IDENTITY = ALISON BLAIRE

SPECIES = MUTANT
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = ENTERTAINER
PERSONALITY = AMBITIOUS

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4
MOVE = 5
RANGE = 5
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = 100

DAZZLED
Start the game with 3 white Dazzle Markers on this card. After taking a turn with Dazzler, you may choose an opponent's Unique Hero within 5 clear sight spaces and place a Dazzle Marker on its Army Card. A figure with one or more Dazzle Markers on its card subtracts 1 from its Move, Range, Attack, and Defense numbers to a minimum of 1. Figures with the Blind Warrior or Sensory Assault special power are not affected by Dazzled. At the end of each round, all of your Dazzle Markers are returned to this Army Card.

SENSORY ASSAULT
If Dazzler has clear sight on a non-adjacent figure’s Target Point, Dazzler rolls 1 additional attack die when attacking that figure with a normal attack.

Last edited by Ronin; January 1st, 2019 at 10:19 PM.
Old July 9th, 2011, 09:14 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

Sensory Assault is a given.
Old July 9th, 2011, 09:19 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Very hard to go past that comic pic .

Solid write-up, I like it a lot .
Old July 9th, 2011, 09:22 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Our first disco custom!
I'm not sure if that comic option is going to work ... might need to keep looking there.
I'm OK with Adventurer - I think it fits, but if we end up deciding we don't love the Fan Four synergies (not saying we will or won't), I think "Celebrity" could be another option.
Stats look good.
Chaotic Light feels similar to some of the powers we put on Count Vertigo. I felt like we represented the theme of Count Vertigo really well, but I feel like I forget about him so often in gameplay, because passive powers like this are so hard to keep track of sometimes. So not my favorite power on the card.
I really like the reuse of Sensory Assault here.
The special attack is solid ... but even at once per round I fear it's too powerful for her projected point cost and for my impression of the character. Even a straight line attack of 5 is pretty nasty (see Cyclops). I wonder if we shouldn't lessen it to that?
Overall I see Dazzler as more of a marginal character, and I usually find myself happier with marginal characters when they have one or two powers instead of three. In this case, I feel like Sensory Assault is a definite keeper, and of the other two I much prefer the special attack, as passive aura powers are trouble to keep track of, and the more we create, the more we compound the issue.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old July 9th, 2011, 09:34 PM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
NAME = DAZZLER
SECRET IDENTITY = ALISON BLAIRE
SPECIES = MUTANT
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = ADVENTURER
PERSONALITY = RELUCTANT

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4
MOVE = 6
RANGE = 5
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = 160

CHAOTIC LIGHT
Opponents’ figures within 5 clear sight spaces of Dazzler roll 1 fewer attack die. Figures with the Sensory Assault or Radar Sense special power are not affected by Chaotic Light.

SENSORY ASSAULT
If Dazzler has clear sight on a non-adjacent figure’s Target Point, Dazzler rolls 1 additional attack die when attacking that figure.

SOLID PHOTON BLAST SPECIAL ATTACK
Range Special. Attack 6.
Choose 6 spaces in a straight line from Dazzler. All figures on those spaces that are in line of sight are affected by Dazzler’s Solid Photon Blast Special Attack. Roll 6 attack dice once for all affected figures. Affected figures roll defense dice separately. Dazzler may only use Solid Photon Blast Special Attack once per round.
  1. I really don't want an adventurer here - another Mutant/Adventurer is not something I want to see much of, if anymore at all. What about Entertainer?
  2. I think a move of 5 is much more appropriate for her right? Is she known for running a bit faster or having a bit more agility than the average human? I read that she is a bit of an athlete, but I just don't know her well enough.
  3. Should we edit that Sensory Assault to specify "normal attack"?
  4. Since the special attack is also a "light" power, shouldn't figures with Radar Sense and Sensory Assault also be immune?
  5. Also the special attack is far too powerful I think.
Old July 9th, 2011, 10:39 PM

Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I think Griff's feedback sums up my thinking. I don't know Dazzler very well though either.
Old July 10th, 2011, 02:33 AM
Business Casual

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Our first disco custom!
I'm not sure if that comic option is going to work ... might need to keep looking there.
I'm OK with Adventurer - I think it fits, but if we end up deciding we don't love the Fan Four synergies (not saying we will or won't), I think "Celebrity" could be another option.
Stats look good.
Chaotic Light feels similar to some of the powers we put on Count Vertigo. I felt like we represented the theme of Count Vertigo really well, but I feel like I forget about him so often in gameplay, because passive powers like this are so hard to keep track of sometimes. So not my favorite power on the card.
I really like the reuse of Sensory Assault here.
The special attack is solid ... but even at once per round I fear it's too powerful for her projected point cost and for my impression of the character. Even a straight line attack of 5 is pretty nasty (see Cyclops). I wonder if we shouldn't lessen it to that?
Overall I see Dazzler as more of a marginal character, and I usually find myself happier with marginal characters when they have one or two powers instead of three. In this case, I feel like Sensory Assault is a definite keeper, and of the other two I much prefer the special attack, as passive aura powers are trouble to keep track of, and the more we create, the more we compound the issue.
What if Chaotic Light were a "choose a figure" instead of an aura power? She frequently uses dazzling lights to mesmerize, confuse, distract her opponents.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
I really don't want an adventurer here - another Mutant/Adventurer is not something I want to see much of, if anymore at all. What about Entertainer?
  1. I think a move of 5 is much more appropriate for her right? Is she known for running a bit faster or having a bit more agility than the average human? I read that she is a bit of an athlete, but I just don't know her well enough.
  2. Should we edit that Sensory Assault to specify "normal attack"?
  3. Since the special attack is also a "light" power, shouldn't figures with Radar Sense and Sensory Assault also be immune?
  4. Also the special attack is far too powerful I think.
I can be fine with either Celebrity or Entertainer, but I think then her Personality needs to change. 'Reluctant' was because she reluctantly sacrifices her career in entertainment to be a superhero.

Although the mini doesn't show her in them, she sometimes uses roller skates (yes, roller skates) to move quickly.

Sensory Assault is a direct lift from Doctor Light's card (alas, he does not have a special attack).

She turns the photons into solid particles, so there isn't immunity to the SA. And it takes a lot out of her to use it, which is why it was once per round. I didn't want it to be a Supernova SA clone, but I would be OK with cutting it back.

Old July 10th, 2011, 03:24 AM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

I realize that Sensory Assault is cloned from Doctor Light's card, but that doesn't mean that this specific card couldn't use the extra clarity.

Yeah, cutting the SA down to 5/5 would be a good start IMO.
Old July 10th, 2011, 10:57 AM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

We could ninja update Doctor Light's card too, if we're worried about consistent text.
Would Ambitious work for a personality? Distracted? Aloof? Creative?
I would have to see a "choose a figure" version of Chaotic Light.
I take it my two powers only campaign isn't catching on?

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old July 10th, 2011, 04:52 PM
Business Casual

Instead of CHAOTIC LIGHT then, what about this?

DAZZLED
Start the game with 3 white Dazzle Markers. After taking a turn with Dazzler, you may choose an opponent's Unique Hero within 5 clear sight spaces and place a Dazzle Marker on its Army Card. A figure with a Dazzle Marker on its card rolls 1 fewer attack die when attacking with a normal attack. Figures with the Sensory Assault or Radar Sense special power are not affected by Dazzled. At the end of each round, all of your Dazzle Markers are returned to this card.

I'm fine with normal attack for Sensory Assault, but we should do the same for Doctor Light.

OK also with 5/5 for the SA.

Old July 10th, 2011, 05:36 PM

You're gonna hate me, but after reading what you said about her move of 6, I really love Lord Pyre's Roller Skate power from his Catgirl write up for Dazzler ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre
ROLLERSKATES
Catgirl may add 3 to her movement if she did not change elevation this turn.
Though I could see reducing her normal move to 5 and the bonus to +2 so it doesn't feel too much like super speed.
Anyway, I'd love to see a nice, quick hitting power like that on her with the Sensory Assault and one of the two others.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library