Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Meet Other Scapers
Meet Other Scapers Find other scapers in your area

Old May 28th, 2008, 12:09 PM

Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Houston, we have a thread...

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaX01 View Post
Was figuring on doing "Rumble in the Jungle" some time after everthing shows up figured on making one huge jungle map and then having everyone that wanted to come over. 10 jungle sets should be enough to make for one hella fun map.
Haha. That's awesome. You have the space for it, too.

I dunno. I'll have a game day in LaMarque probably either the 14th or 21st. But that wouldn't work as well for Heroscape stuff. We'll need to plan something extra to celebrate.
Old May 28th, 2008, 05:41 PM
"Mr. Zettian Handshake"

Jonathan knows what's in an order marker Jonathan knows what's in an order marker

Congrats on the job, Omega!

The 14th sounds better to me, as we should all be going up to Dallas on the 21st for the MOPS tourney
Old May 28th, 2008, 06:15 PM
stop starring at my burrito

AmishBurrito knows what's in an order marker AmishBurrito knows what's in an order marker

I should have the new scape on the 13th, and hand it off to Jonathan during descent that night, so he should be wave 8 equipped on the 14th I hope.

Please keep signatures short.
Old May 28th, 2008, 06:54 PM

Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmishBurrito View Post
I should have the new scape on the 13th, and hand it off to Jonathan during descent that night, so he should be wave 8 equipped on the 14th I hope.
And I should get the rest of Jonathan's Wave 8 order on the 13th, too.

Reminder to two certain people, one of which may or may not have just been named: I still need your money for this order...

Crap. I just realized... the 13th is a Friday, and this is coming via UPS. Most of the time that I have a UPS package scheduled for delivery on Friday... I don't get it until Monday. There's always a sudden change in the "scheduled delivery date" on the tracking website, but that change doesn't happen until around 4 or 5 in the afternoon.

In other words, my UPS driver knocks off early on Fridays. It's very annoying.
Old May 28th, 2008, 07:02 PM

AmishBurrito knows what's in an order marker AmishBurrito knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finrod View Post
Quote:
And I should get the rest of Jonathan's Wave 8 order on the 13th, too.

Reminder to two certain people, one of which may or may not have just been named: I still need your money for this order...

Crap. I just realized... the 13th is a Friday, and this is coming via UPS. Most of the time that I have a UPS package scheduled for delivery on Friday... I don't get it until Monday. There's always a sudden change in the "scheduled delivery date" on the tracking website, but that change doesn't happen until around 4 or 5 in the afternoon.

Oops, i meant I have his AA & TJ, 8.5

Old May 28th, 2008, 10:15 PM
"Mr. Zettian Handshake"

Jonathan knows what's in an order marker Jonathan knows what's in an order marker

Finny, send me your address and I'll mail you a check - sorry for my tardiness!
Old May 30th, 2008, 06:44 AM

Junge Roman has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finrod View Post
That's funny, and very believable. On several occassions, I think I have seen my UPS driver driving up and down the neighborhood looking for my house, talking on the phone/radio trying to figure out my street. I've tried to wave him down a couple of times, but to no avail. Sure enough, the next day, a different driver who knows the neighborhood better comes and delivers my package.
Old May 30th, 2008, 02:53 PM

Chuckrock knows what's in an order marker Chuckrock knows what's in an order marker
Re: may 30th

So is there a Descent game going on? I have to admit, I didn't dig it as much as everyone else seems to. It seemed extremely one sided. I never got the feeling that anyone other than the Overlord was supposed to win or that there was really a lot of choices on what to do.

You guys talk it up a lot, though, so I'm willing to give it another look-see. I expected it to be a beer a pretzels game, which may have been a mistake on my part.
Old May 30th, 2008, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckrock View Post
So is there a Descent game going on? I have to admit, I didn't dig it as much as everyone else seems to. It seemed extremely one sided. I never got the feeling that anyone other than the Overlord was supposed to win or that there was really a lot of choices on what to do.

You guys talk it up a lot, though, so I'm willing to give it another look-see. I expected it to be a beer a pretzels game, which may have been a mistake on my part.
Jonathan, Sweetcurse, Jenny, & Billy (A guy I met playing Twilight Imperium) are starting up a campaign tonight, so we will probably be booked with our current group for a while. You may be able to sit in for someone if they can't make it one day though.

I do agree that the overlord is powerful, but it takes throwing everything you have at the heroes to knock them out. I think part of the problem was that you started out in a really hectic scenario with the cave collapsing and had a slow start. Normally, there is no collapse, so there is a lot more time for the heroes to move around, but if they take things slow, that means more threat for the overlord.

You should give it another shot, I still want to play through the rest of the original scenarios, so next time you are having a get together and want me to bring descent, let me know!

Old May 30th, 2008, 03:42 PM

Quote:
You should give it another shot, I still want to play through the rest of the original scenarios, so next time you are having a get together and want me to bring descent, let me know!
Ditto from here, Chuckster. I'm not part of the campaign, so any time I play it's going to be the original scenarios (which will last me for quite some time). Any time you want in, let me know. The next time I play will probably be the 21st, I think.
Old May 30th, 2008, 08:05 PM

Hey, guys. I just got three more of the collector's guides from HouseMouse. Since I already have a couple, these are available if anyone doesn't have one. Just let me know and it's yours. Otherwise, I'll hold them until the next game day I have with church teens and give them out then.
Old May 31st, 2008, 09:12 AM
"Blame it on me" (was #3...)

Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness

save me one or two if you can fore the guys in Mexico.

Sweetcurse is Sujoah...

in the
Perth Keep...

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Meet Other Scapers