Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News
HeroScape News Sightings, HeroScape.com updates, official news, etc.

Notices

Old June 8th, 2021, 07:44 PM

ugly1hornedmule knows what's in an order marker ugly1hornedmule knows what's in an order marker
Re: Rest in Peace Revdyer

It's been a long while since I've been on here but I just wanted to share how Revdyer called me and talked to me on the phone while going through my divorce. He was a good man that won't be forgotten.

Thanks for the last and greatest betrayal, of the last and greatest of human dreams.
-William S. Burroughs
Old June 24th, 2021, 01:12 AM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

This is sad news. What a great community member. You will be missed.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old July 3rd, 2021, 03:04 AM

jdtenor knows what's in an order marker jdtenor knows what's in an order marker jdtenor knows what's in an order marker

I did hear about Rev's passing on Facebook but just found this tread and reading the comments. I have to say it was a honor to meet you and I would have never been to Gencon without the hype on this site and would have never known about so many games I have since gotten into. May God have you in his eternal glory RIP Rev.
Old August 5th, 2021, 07:27 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

I am so sorry to hear this news. I never had the pleasure of meeting RevDyer in person, but he was a true pillar of this community back when I first joined and continued to be so for many years. I will never forget the message he sent me back when my own father died of cancer; even for an obnoxious anti-theist like myself, his words of comfort provided no small measure of relief for me in a difficult time, and I was always grateful for them.

Rest easy, RevDyer. You were one of the good ones.
Old August 12th, 2021, 08:21 AM
Adrian Monk

1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth

I left Scapers because my own work just got too busy (and being here, sadly, began to feel like a second job when I already had so little time).

More recently I considered returning. My boys were playing more Scape with me and Superfrog asked me to, but the idea of coming here without Rev or Jim saddened me terribly.

It is hard to be here without these two giants among men, such good people. I miss my many hours chatting with Rev. RIP Dave.
Old August 12th, 2021, 08:28 AM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Mmirg View Post
I left Scapers because my own work just got too busy (and being here, sadly, began to feel like a second job when I already had so little time).

More recently I considered returning. My boys were playing more Scape with me and Superfrog asked me to, but the idea of coming here without Rev or Jim saddened me terribly.

It is hard to be here without these two giants among men, such good people. I miss my many hours chatting with Rev. RIP Dave.
It's great to see you here again, 1Mmirg. I myself just started visiting again after a hiatus. I'm sure RevDyer would've been the first to tell you not to let his absence keep you from being anywhere you want to be.
Old August 12th, 2021, 10:05 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Amen
Old August 12th, 2021, 01:20 PM
Adrian Monk

1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth

Thank you. My father passed away just before Covid (on Christmas Eve 2019, my birthday, while I was thousands of miles away). Dave and Jim's deaths connected to his, and a few other friends during Covid.

I still have an email from my dad (the last he sent me) that I have marked as unread and pinned in my inbox. It makes me feel like he is still nearby, available to chat or email. I am Christian and feel strongly that I will see my dad again, but in the meantime, I love seeing the email at the top of my in box.

Being here has raised some of those feelings again. There are ghosts and memories here that mean a lot to me. Not having Dave and Jim here makes being here deep, truly deep. I'm working on changing these feelings over to being like my dad's email. These are ghosts and memories that I am finding myself happy to be around again.

And all of you make it even better. You are so kind and welcoming. This is a home I'm happy to return to, ghosts and all.

RIP Dave. You are a true friend and wonderful man!
Old August 12th, 2021, 04:06 PM
assistant leader

skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun

I get what you are saying brother. It burns me every time I see a pic of them or run across a thread they posted. I miss them.
Old August 12th, 2021, 04:18 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Things won't be the same without them.

Old August 12th, 2021, 06:24 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

Grief is a funny thing. It starts out that the reminders are painful, but one day coming here and seeing those pictures and old treads will bring back only good memories.

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs
Old August 13th, 2021, 10:28 PM
now with morh frostrating pun-ishment

Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherman Davies View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Mmirg View Post

It's great to see you here again, 1Mmirg. I myself just started visiting again after a hiatus. I'm sure RevDyer would've been the first to tell you not to let his absence keep you from being anywhere you want to be.
Just back myself, after years away.

That's a wonderful thought, @Sherman Davies .

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News