Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old July 27th, 2007, 11:33 AM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth
What role do filler heroes actually fill?

Whenever I build an army, I try to fill it as near as possible to the points cost. If I can, I avoid using filler heroes, because I feel that they are just a waste of an order marker and will sit in my starting zone the entire game. That's a waste of points if I ever heard it.

I'm not excited about any of these Wave 7 filler heroes. Without bonding, I don't see the point in Kyntela Gwyn, Marcu (talk about a waste of an order marker!), or perhaps even Isamu.

To me, the Swog Rider, MBS, and maybe Theracus are examples of what a low-cost unit should do. The first two bond, and the Swog buffs a unit even when you don't move it! Swogs also have great movement and are common, so there's nothing wrong with grabbing a few to help fill out a sufficiently orcish army. Theracus is neat, and maybe just situationally useful, but the nice thing is that he helps one of your more powerful units directly by putting it nearer the fray.

Eldgrim is okay to me, but really only if you've got a squad that can bond with him.

MBS and Theracus are both over 35 points though. And I think filler usually just refers to something down in that range. What else is worth picking up? Is there anything?

Am I completely off-base here?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion