Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP Blender
AotP Blender A place to discuss AotP customs and ways to integrate Heroscape with AotP.

Notices

Old July 24th, 2015, 09:45 PM

G1shark rolls all skulls baby! G1shark rolls all skulls baby! G1shark rolls all skulls baby! G1shark rolls all skulls baby!
Painting and Modification Display Thread

I think we definitely need to see some creativity displayed such as painted squad units, even if all you've done is a simple wash. Modifications Pertaining to AotP can also be shown here.

While this isn't mine (thought I wish it was) here is a custom made Nicol Bolas figure by emilySculpts, you can find her deviant art here:
http://emilysculpts.deviantart.com/

"There's a fine line between genius and insanity, I have erased that line."
Old July 24th, 2015, 11:27 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Painting and Modification Display Thread

This is pretty:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwsanner2 View Post

Spent about 20 minutes on a Kor Hookmaster. Not a masterpiece job, but definitely improved the looks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old July 27th, 2015, 12:00 AM

jwsanner2 rolls all skulls baby! jwsanner2 rolls all skulls baby! jwsanner2 rolls all skulls baby! jwsanner2 rolls all skulls baby!

Painted up a few squads. Not studio-quality work. Not a lot of time spent, but look better on the tabletop.
Old July 27th, 2015, 01:25 AM

G1shark rolls all skulls baby! G1shark rolls all skulls baby! G1shark rolls all skulls baby! G1shark rolls all skulls baby!

They look pretty good to me, I love the color schemes you chose for them, Paint the Pummelroot Elementals next! I will most likely use some of your color schemes when I paint mine. What do you plan to do with the Blue & Red Monsters? Just do a wash?

"There's a fine line between genius and insanity, I have erased that line."
Old July 27th, 2015, 09:31 AM

jwsanner2 rolls all skulls baby! jwsanner2 rolls all skulls baby! jwsanner2 rolls all skulls baby! jwsanner2 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by G1shark View Post
They look pretty good to me, I love the color schemes you chose for them, Paint the Pummelroot Elementals next! I will most likely use some of your color schemes when I paint mine. What do you plan to do with the Blue & Red Monsters? Just do a wash?
Thanks! I may not do much with the blue ones, but I'm considering painting the fire rather than leaving them translucent. I haven't decided just yet. I am planning on doing the Pummelroots next, and will post when they are done! It will probably be a bit til I can get to them though.
Old July 27th, 2015, 10:39 AM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I think the blue and red ones could look good with a few highlights instead of a full paint jobs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old July 27th, 2015, 12:47 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

I think its a fine paint job! When i just do a minimal trim painting on some game minis, I'll sometimes paint the sides of the bases with the trademark color. That way you are free to paint as you like and can still identify them for game play. For example, some Commands & Colors games use different colors to indicate the class of troops (Heavy-Medium-Light). In this case of course it would be the Planeswalker magic color.

How are you going to handle this? Of course, if you just paint highlights, the proper colors are already on the minis.
Old July 27th, 2015, 05:30 PM

betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby!

@jwsanner2
How did you make the shiny pearlized green armor? I've been looking for something like that, in addition to one in blue.
Old July 27th, 2015, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by betawolf36 View Post
@jwsanner2
How did you make the shiny pearlized green armor? I've been looking for something like that, in addition to one in blue.
Painted with desired shade of green, then lightly brushed a diluted gold metallic, and finally washed with a Biel-Tan green wash (Games Workshop).
Old August 2nd, 2015, 05:20 PM

ssnover95 knows what's in an order marker ssnover95 knows what's in an order marker ssnover95 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
I think the blue and red ones could look good with a few highlights instead of a full paint jobs.
I'm planning on doing some highlights like that on my blue units. I'm currently painting up my Blazing Firecats following this guide. I'll post the results when I'm finished.
Old August 3rd, 2015, 12:15 AM

Old August 3rd, 2015, 01:52 AM
...Something unique

Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death!

Bravo, sir.

I wish I could paint up some of those miniatures, but I have yet to acquire my own set.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP Blender