Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions > 3D Printing
3D Printing A Forum to discuss 3D Printing

Old August 3rd, 2018, 01:28 PM

Brease is surprisingly tart
Re: Index of 3D Printed Stl Files

Our HyGround tiles are made to be 3D printed and have connectors for Heroscape tiles. Take a look at our Kickstarter, We've already funded.
Old August 3rd, 2018, 09:08 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brease View Post
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...gaming-terrain

Our HyGround tiles are made to be 3D printed and have connectors for Heroscape tiles. Take a look at our Kickstarter, We've already funded.
Ive seen this ks everywhere. I dont know how many threads on heroscapers alone that its popped up. I wish you guys the best of luck. Heres a suggestion that may help you guys. I would give out a sample tile for people to try to see if it would work for them on their printer. Biggest thing I wouldnt like is if I bought in just to find out my printer couldnt handle it. Might just get a few people off that fence.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old August 16th, 2018, 06:36 AM

dukeadam is surprisingly tart

Hi, are the links in the first post up to date? I would like to use them for third-party printing and I would like to be sure to fit Heroscape terrain, as it might be quite expensive.

Are all files in both inches and mm? Is there any difference (shouldn't be as 1 inch is 2,54 mm, but I know nothing about 3d printing)?

Which would you recommend for trying out first for a third-party print? I would really love to get RttFF stuff and Glaciers...
Old August 16th, 2018, 08:31 AM
Heroscapers Project Extraordinaire

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dukeadam View Post
Hi, are the links in the first post up to date? I would like to use them for third-party printing and I would like to be sure to fit Heroscape terrain, as it might be quite expensive.

Are all files in both inches and mm? Is there any difference (shouldn't be as 1 inch is 2,54 mm, but I know nothing about 3d printing)?

Which would you recommend for trying out first for a third-party print? I would really love to get RttFF stuff and Glaciers...
The files should be up to date. If you find a broken link, let us know.

Most of my files are in inches. Some others might be in mm or cm. When you load the model into the 3d printer program, check to see if it looks about the right size. If it looks tiny, scale it by 25.4 (2540%).

If it still looks wrong, try 2.54 or 10. (2.54 If you printer program is in cm. 10 if the files are in cm and your printer in mm.)
Old August 23rd, 2018, 09:22 PM

Brease is surprisingly tart

Old September 13th, 2018, 07:17 AM

MementoMori rolls all skulls baby! MementoMori rolls all skulls baby! MementoMori rolls all skulls baby! MementoMori rolls all skulls baby!

I still don't have the needed time or space to 'Scape again, but I've got enough to revive an old project. This time I won't stop until it's finished.

This time I'm having some problems applying a displacement map to the top of the leaf. After that the trouble will be printing them, but that's all that's left.

edit: I don't know why the picture shows sideways...

First printing test to see if the design method is viable. Not as good as I wished, but somewhat as expected.

Last edited by MementoMori; September 13th, 2018 at 02:05 PM.
Old September 13th, 2018, 03:04 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

They look fantastic.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old September 13th, 2018, 03:58 PM
Heroscapers Project Extraordinaire

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!

Looks great to me, but I bet it took a while to trim off the support material. The leaves might be better to print flat and then put in hot water or use a heat gun to warp them.
Old September 13th, 2018, 04:11 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Oooh. The hardest part of proxy jungle has always been recreating the tree leaves. This is cool.
Old September 13th, 2018, 04:22 PM

MementoMori rolls all skulls baby! MementoMori rolls all skulls baby! MementoMori rolls all skulls baby! MementoMori rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Knight View Post
Looks great to me, but I bet it took a while to trim off the support material. The leaves might be better to print flat and then put in hot water or use a heat gun to warp them.
You're totally right, there's lots of support and without a great printer it can be a serious problem to remove.

The problem is that I'm trying to do it as close as possible to the original. And as I used a cenital shot to outline the leaves, if I printed them flat they'd be shorter after bending them.

Once I have all 4 leaf pieces design I'll polish the print process. Maybe vertical print with manual supports for higher detail. If everything goes ok, I expect to have this done in three of four days. And after that, some custom stuff.
Old September 14th, 2018, 12:25 PM

Progress report:
Made some changes to the design, now it's sturdier and more detailed. Printing it at 75º yielded great results, with supports easier to remove and recesses showing up better.

I'm so happy with the progress done that now I'm moving to the next levels of leaves and the pin. Also I have an sketch for easy-fast prints once everything is done.

On the last picture: Original - first scale test - second print test

I believe Ticalla has been the greatest pain to proxy (terrain wise). People living outside the U.S. like me spent a good a mount to get these, so I'm very excited about making this available to all new and old Heroscape fans.
Old October 16th, 2018, 02:18 PM
Doesn't need a special title anymore

Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I've been getting into 3d printing for HeroScape lately. One of the most recent things I've printed are srmalloy's waterfalls. They came out great!

Using Cura, I rescaled his files to 10%, then duplicated the objects to print several at once. Then I imported the .stl files into Makerbot Print to save them as makerbot files. Following my first attempt I realized you'll get a cleaner surface on the visible portion if you arrange them back-to-back, as you see above. This is because as the print head moves up and prints each successive layer it sometimes leaves a little strand of plastic as it moves from one object to the next. The bit connecting them at the base is the "raft" which helps keep the object steady on the print surface during printing. Here's one removed from the raft (but I still have a little clean-up to do):

Thanks, srmalloy!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions > 3D Printing