Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Notices

Old June 28th, 2015, 08:28 AM
Empty Fist Shaking Power Codex Architect

Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: The Book of Moltenclaw

Rules Lawyer Question: Figures like Raelin read that she's not affected by her own Aura.

Moltenclaw's Army Card does not read that he is not affected by his own Burning Breath Special Attack. It reads, Moltenclaw is not affected by Burning Breath Special Attack. Since they left out "his own" does that mean he's not affected by enemy Burning Breath Special Attacks?

My Customs: Classic, RPG, Supers, Fiction, Space Hulk
Let's take your vision to pristine together.
Old June 28th, 2015, 11:17 AM

hose knows what's in an order marker hose knows what's in an order marker hose knows what's in an order marker

This was discussed at some length on pages two through three, and I don't think there was an "official" answer. Thee wasn't anything that I could find in the FAQ either. It's a good question and I can see both sides of the conversation.

That being said, I *think* it is just an attempt to streamline the wording on the card. It's not like he is immune to Mimring's fire line attack. So it's not like he is immune to all fire based attacks or anything. But I understand those who use the strictest reading of the card.

Last edited by hose; June 28th, 2015 at 11:38 AM.
Old August 6th, 2018, 10:08 AM

Talyn rolls all skulls baby! Talyn rolls all skulls baby! Talyn rolls all skulls baby! Talyn rolls all skulls baby!

So, the "4 spaces in a straight line from the target figure", does that straight line have to be in the same direction from Moltenclaw, or as long as you hav eline of sight, can it make a 90degree turn? So your overall attack is a big "L"?

Old August 6th, 2018, 01:15 PM
Empty Fist Shaking Power Codex Architect

Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talyn View Post
So, the "4 spaces in a straight line from the target figure", does that straight line have to be in the same direction from Moltenclaw, or as long as you hav eline of sight, can it make a 90degree turn? So your overall attack is a big "L"?
That's how I read it. The L method

My Customs: Classic, RPG, Supers, Fiction, Space Hulk
Let's take your vision to pristine together.
Old August 6th, 2018, 04:43 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

It could even be a line coming back towards Moltenclaw. Doesn't make much sense, but it's how it's written.
Old August 6th, 2018, 04:47 PM

Talyn rolls all skulls baby! Talyn rolls all skulls baby! Talyn rolls all skulls baby! Talyn rolls all skulls baby!

Wow, so its the magic bullet that can make turns mid-air, lol. Alrighty then.

Old August 6th, 2018, 04:50 PM
Is a Quadradical

ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth

Note that the first target doesn't have to be in a straight line of hexes from Moltenclaw---it can be anyone within four spaces. I see it as a fire-bomb-thingy that lands on the target and then shoots off in a straight line after that.
Old September 7th, 2018, 11:24 PM

DoomCarrot knows what's in an order marker DoomCarrot knows what's in an order marker DoomCarrot knows what's in an order marker

An interesting issue came up at our most recent game night involving moltenclaw.

Can he attack the same figure twice? For instance, can he target a double spaced unit 4 spaces away, then attack in another line from the doule space figure’s second hex, and cross paths with his first line of attack? This allows a figure adjacent to the two space figure to be attacked twice. However, the special says to roll attack dice once for all affected figures.... but nothing about rolling defense dice only once
Old September 7th, 2018, 11:42 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

I'm not sure that I quite understand the scenario. You only choose one straight line of hexes, so if it's a double-spaced figure, then you'd have to pick one hex as the start of your line (much like Mimring). I don't think it's possible to "cross paths" as a result.

If you were referring to the double-spaced figure (by targeting one hex and extending the line in a way that it encompasses the other one), then the figure would still only be affected by the attack once.
Old September 8th, 2018, 12:51 AM

DoomCarrot knows what's in an order marker DoomCarrot knows what's in an order marker DoomCarrot knows what's in an order marker

No, no, for instance:

0 = Hex
d = double spaced figure
F = figure
(M)m = (Moltenclaw) and his line of attack

000d00000
.00dF00000
00000m000
.000000m00
00000000M

and the second line of attack:

000d00000
.00dFmmm0
00000000M

therefore hitting single space figure F twice. Would figure F roll defense twice because the path crosses it twice? The card doesn't say defending figures only roll once
Old September 8th, 2018, 12:57 AM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

I think I see the problem. The spaces between the targeted figure and Moltenclaw are not also affected by the attack; instead, it is simply like you are using Mimring's Fire Line Special Attack from a different figure within 4 spaces of Moltenclaw. As a result, he can only draw one of those lines per attack, so there's no need to worry about him crossing over the same figure twice.
Old September 8th, 2018, 11:08 AM

Oh, ok. We were all under the impression that moltenclaw was able to use the attack to the targeted figure, then four spaces from it. This makes a lot more sense. Thank you

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units