Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Notices

Old July 8th, 2018, 10:07 PM

Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Castle Black and the Wall

Today I put this map together with @KourtJester .

It's Castle Black and the Wall from A Song of Ice and Fire (Game of Thrones) just as the Wildlings are attacking the wall (season 4, episode 9 in the show).

The inside of the wall actually has a tunnel that matches the book/show, with two castle doors on the ends and castle pieces lining it.

We weren't able to build the elevator, so we substituted two runs of ladders to try to mimic an elevator shaft. We were able to build the staircase into the wall however (on the right hand side).

Here is the map without any figures on it:

From the south:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/rsdm2xoul0...04505.jpg?dl=0

From the north:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/o80dmnklhu...04554.jpg?dl=0

And here is the map with figures placed:

From the south:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/xb1uou525p...12428.jpg?dl=0

From the north:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/xe1n7f6si9...opped.jpg?dl=0

And top down:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/cchhm5adg8...12508.jpg?dl=0

I tried to embed the images in the post, but I wasn't able to. If anyone has tips on how to get that working, let me know and I'd be happy to edit the post.

Side note: @KourtJester and myself also plan to make Heroscape characters from Game of Thrones eventually, when we can get the time (would be quite an undertaking). If anyone else out there has done any Game of Thrones Heroscape maps/units, let me know.

Note: This isn't exactly a tournament-style map or setup, so I'm not sure this is the correct thread, but it seemed the best match.

Last edited by Chris Perkins; July 20th, 2018 at 12:23 PM. Reason: Images not appearing; Fixed KourtJester's username
Old July 8th, 2018, 10:27 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth
Re: Castle Black and the Wall

Oh my word...well done! That's awesome! I must ask though, how do the Figures from the north get to the figures on the top? Will Jotun and the Ice Giants have to break down the fortress door?

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old July 8th, 2018, 10:31 PM

Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
I must ask though, how do the Figures from the north get to the figures on the top? Will Jotun and the Ice Giants have to break down the fortress door?
Yes, they would have to break down the door, go through the tunnel, and up the wall from the inside (ladders or stairs). Which is basically what the giants tried to do in the battle in Game of Thrones (tried to fight their way through the tunnel).

This is somewhat a limitation of mashing Heroscape up with Game of Thrones though, as Jotun is too tall to fit in the castle door, so technically if it was a Heroscape game the giants would be kinda useless. Also, the 2-hex figures are also too tall to fit up the stairs and can't climb the ladder. But, we ignored those limitations - it wasn't set up for a HS game, after all, just for pictures
Old July 8th, 2018, 10:35 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Perkins View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
I must ask though, how do the Figures from the north get to the figures on the top? Will Jotun and the Ice Giants have to break down the fortress door?
Yes, they would have to break down the door, go through the tunnel, and up the wall from the inside (ladders or stairs). Which is basically what the giants tried to do in the battle in Game of Thrones (tried to fight their way through the tunnel).

This is somewhat a limitation of mashing Heroscape up with Game of Thrones though, as Jotun is too tall to fit in the castle door, so technically if it was a Heroscape game the giants would be kinda useless. Also, the 2-hex figures are also too tall to fit up the stairs and can't climb the ladder. But, we ignored those limitations - it wasn't set up for a HS game, after all, just for pictures
Oh okay, gotcha. It would make for an interesting game...though I imagine those Roman Archers would do some devastating work.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old July 17th, 2018, 04:29 PM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Well met!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Perkins View Post

Side note: @CourtJester and myself also plan to make Heroscape characters from Game of Thrones eventually, when we can get the time (would be quite an undertaking). If anyone else out there has done any Game of Thrones Heroscape maps/units, let me know.

Note: This isn't exactly a tournament-style map or setup, so I'm not sure this is the correct thread, but it seemed the best match.

This is definitely the thread. Great, great map! Pics of the interior would be cool. Both chas and I took shots at it with The New York City Gang of Four. See: chas presents - Game of Thrones 'Scape, and its related battle report, Game of Thrones 'Scape Battle Report, for chas' version, and Game of Thrones The Undead Invasion - Revised and Game of Thrones - The Last Winter?, which were early drafts, leading up to Game of Thrones - The Last Winter? Official Playtest Version and its related battle report, Game of Thrones - The Last Winter? Battle Report, for mine. Feel free to borrow my Custom Cards. Thanks Dr. Goomonkey!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios