Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old July 13th, 2007, 05:30 PM

Squadshed Woo who?
Squadshed's Custom Ideas: Updated 12/21 - PotC Ideas

Here are a couple ideas of mine. Hope they're OK!

Captain Jack Sparrow - Vydar
Human/Earth/Unique Hero/Pirate/Tricky/Medium 5
Pistol Fire Special Attack - Range 6, Attack 3. Pistol Fire rolls an additional attack die against Undead figures.

Captaincy - Any friendly Pirates within 2 clear sight spaces of Captain Jack Sparrow roll an additional attack and defense die, and can move one additional space.
5 Life
6 Move
1 Range
5 Attack
3 Defense
100 Points

Barbossa - Vydar
Human/Earth/Unique Hero/Pirate/Disciplined/Medium 5
Pistol Fire Special Attack - Range 6, Attack 3. Pistol Fire may be used on figures 7 clear sight spaces away in a straight line.
"Hell Itself Spat Him Back Out" - If you have Undead Barbossa in your army, Barbossa does not start the game on the battlefield. Instead, each round after Undead Barbossa has been destroyed, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 19 or 20, place Barbossa, if possible, in your starting zone.
5 Life
5 Move
1 Range
5 Attack
4 Defense
150 Points

Undead Barbossa - Utgar
Undead/Earth/Unique Hero/Pirate/Ferocious/Medium 5
Pistol Fire Special Attack - Range 6, Attack 3. Pistol Fire may be used on figures 7 clear sight spaces away in a straight line.
Mortal Once More - You may have more than one different figure in your army with "Barbossa" in its name; follow the restrictions on its Army Card.
Immortality - Undead Barbossa cannot be destroyed by a normal attack, but may be wounded by a normal attack.
3 Life
5 Move
1 Range
6 Attack
4 Defense
200 Points

Will Turner - Vydar
Human/Earth/Unique Hero/Pirate/Valiant/Medium 5
Pistol Fire Special Attack - Range 7, Attack 3. Pistol Fire does not affect Undead figures.
Hatchet Throw Special Attack - Range 4, Attack 8. Hatchet Throw only affects Undead figures.
5 Life
6 Move
1 Range
6 Attack
4 Defense
120 Points

Rock Climber - Jandar
Earth / Human / Common Hero / Explorer / Wild / Medium 5
Rock Bonus - If Rock Climber moved on only rock tiles this turn, he may move two additional spaces on rock spaces.
Climbing Equipment - Instead of moving normally with Rock Climber, you may choose to use Climbing Equipment. When you use Climbing Equipment, move one space that is 10 levels or higher from Rock Climber's base. Rock Climber may not use Climbing Equipment onto spaces that are considered to have no height, such as water.
Rappel - Rock Climber never takes falling damage.
1 Life
5 Move
1 Range
3 Attack
4 Defense
70 Points

Defenseless Civilians - Heroscape
Humans / Earth / Common Squad (4) / Civilians / Helpless / Medium 4
In the Way - Any non-friendly figure adjacent to a Defenseless Civilian must attack that Civilian.
Un-Enhanced - Defenseless Civilians cannot be affected by permanent glyphs.
1 Life
7 Move
1 Range
0 Attack
0 Defense
25 Points

Magnus the Dragon Tamer - Jandar
Earth / Human / Unique Hero / Warrior / Valiant / Medium 5
Tame the Dragon - After moving and before attacking, you may choose one dragon adjacent to Dragon Tamer. Roll the 20-sided die. If you roll an 18 or higher, take control of the chosen Dragon and that Dragon's Army Card. If Magnus is destroyed, you retain control of any previously Tamed Dragons, and any previously Tamed Dragons receive 3 wounds.
Dragon Riding - Before moving a Dragon that you control that is adjacent to Magnus, you may choose to Ride the Dragon with Magnus. After you move the Dragon Magnus is riding, place Magnus adjacent to the Dragon. If Magnus is engaged while Riding a Dragon, he will take any leaving engagement attacks.
Dragon Bonding - Before taking a turn with Magnus, you may take a turn with any Dragon you control.
5 Life
5 Move
1 Range
4 Attack
5 Defense
195 Points

Captain Blackhawk - Einar
Earth / Human / Unique Hero / Pirate / Ferocious / Medium 5
Infamy - When Captain Blackhawk attacks a human character, the defending figure rolls one less defense die.
Blade of Treachery 3 - If Captain Blackhawk is attacking an adjacent figure, add 3 to Captain Blackhawk's attack.
Wooden Leg - Subtract one from Captain Blackhawk's move for every wound marker on his Army Card.
5 Life
7 Move
6 Range
2 Attack
5 Defense
110 Points

By the way, when you recover life, Blackhawk gets his move back.

Pac-Man - Jandar
Earth / Pacman / Unique Hero / Devourer / Tricky / Medium 5
Chomp - Before attacking, choose one medium or small figure adjacent to Pac-Man. If the chosen figure is a Squad figure, destroy it. If the chosen figure is a Hero figure, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 16 or higher, destroy the chosen Hero.
Ghost Weakness - When Pac-Man is attacked by a Shade, he rolls one less defense die.
4 Life
6 Move
1 Range
3 Attack
3 Defense
100 Points

Monstrous Ants - Utgar
Earth / Insects / Common Squad (4) / Beasts / Wild / Medium 6
Ant Swarm Special Attack - Range 1, Attack 8. Four Monstrous Ants may combine their attacks and roll their attack dice as one attack. All Monstrous Ants must be engaged to the targeted figure.
Scatter - After a Monstrous Ant you control rolls defense dice against a normal attack, you may move any 2 Monstrous Ants you control up to 2 spaces each. If the Monstrous Ants leave an engagement while Scattering, they must still take leaving engagement attacks.
1 Life
5 Move
1 Range
2 Attack
1 Defense
100 Points

Crixus' heart doesn't go "thump, thump." His heart goes "BANG! BANG!"
Old July 13th, 2007, 06:17 PM

redic_rogue_07 has disabled reputation
I like the idea behind Cap Black but you might want to cost him a little higher. or lower his attack to one.

great job so far. do you have a fig for the cap'n?
Old July 13th, 2007, 06:18 PM

Nerd_Tendo has disabled reputation
PACMAN! *wakawakawakawakawakawkawakawakaw...i'll stop now.*

If there is one just die, there is always a chance.
Old July 13th, 2007, 06:59 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Welcome to the boards, Squadshed!

On behalf of our old school and piratical community I extend to you a laurel and a hearty handshake.

As a new member, you can begin your journey on the path to the fellowship, praise and respect of your Heroscapers peers by checking out this announcement: http://heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=6970

You'll want to clarify for the Captain whether the defender loses one defensive die or one defensive shield - if it's shield then it is a rather powerful ability and you might indeed consider raising his price a bit.

Pac-Man just seems kinda like an uninspiring, non-bonding Grimnak. Not sure that it justifies 120 points, mebbe 90-100.

~Aldin, reciting from memory "Inky, Pinky, Blinky and Clyde"

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old July 13th, 2007, 06:59 PM

Squadshed Woo who?
I have no figs. Capt. Black, I think, is basically Agent Carr, you know, with his sword and gun attacks separate. Blade of Treachery has a lower attack than Sword of Reckoning, even. I think that if you shoot someone, it's pretty likely they're gonna get hurt, so his regular attack, in my opinion, is low enough. Plus, with Wooden Leg, you can hardly get close enough to use the Blade of Treachery anyway. That's just me.

Oh, and Aldin, the defending guy gets one less die, not shield. I had clarified that, but then changed it because it didn't sound Heroscapey enough. Yes, Pac-Man is pretty much Grimnak, but... okay, he should have lower points. But it does provide some humor in your lower times to see Pac-Man mercilessly chomping his way through your opponent.

Old July 13th, 2007, 07:17 PM

HSisforcoolkids knows what's in an order marker HSisforcoolkids knows what's in an order marker HSisforcoolkids knows what's in an order marker
I think Blackhawk is priced correctly.
Old July 13th, 2007, 07:26 PM

Squadshed Woo who?
Thanks. I just added ten points. Anyway, I added Monstrous Ants to the mix. What do you think?

Old July 15th, 2007, 05:57 PM

Squadshed Woo who?
Here's a new idea, again from a video game. For those that don't know, it's from Kirby Super Star for the SNES. Oh, and I don't want to make this all Nintendo, either.

Dyna Blade - Jandar
Earth / Bird / Unique Hero / Dynablade / Mysterious / Huge 11
Head Snap Special Attack - Range Special, Attack 5. Choose 4 spaces in a straight line from Dyna Blade. All figures on those spaces who are in line of sight are affected by Dyna Blade's Head Snap special attack. Roll 3 attack dice once for all affected figures. Affected figures roll defense dice separately.
Flying - When counting spaces for Dyna Blade's movement, ignore elevations. Dyna Blade may fly over water without stopping, pass over figures without becoming engaged, and fly over obstacles such as ruins. When Dyna Blade starts to fly, if she is engaged she will take any leaving engagement attacks.
Dive Bomb - When Dyna Blade is flying, you may choose to Dive Bomb any of your opponent's medium or small figures she passes over by rolling the 20-sided die. If you roll a 19 or higher, the figure receives a wound. If this destroys the chosen figure, you may land on or adjacent to the space that figure occupied. If it does not, you must land adjacent to the chosen figure. If Dive Bombing fails, you may land or continue moving. You may only use Dive Bomb once per turn, and after Dive Bombing, you may not attack.
6 Life
6 Move
1 Range
5 Attack
3 Defense
180 Points[/u]

Old September 1st, 2007, 11:01 AM

Squadshed Woo who?
I updated for Magnus the Dragon Tamer. What do you think?

Old September 1st, 2007, 12:46 PM

Location: Seeking a local agency for the missing bodies of Jamaica's Royal Family...
Ricky007 has disabled reputation
The top two are interesting, and Blackhawk has a very good idea with Wooden Leg.

This is what I do for a living:
Old September 1st, 2007, 01:06 PM

Nos13 has disabled reputation
Re: Squadshed's Custom Ideas: Updated 9-1; Dragon Tamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squadshed
Here are a couple ideas of mine. Hope they're OK!
Hi! I saw the forum and thought I'd stop by. I may not be much of a Custom 'Scaper, but here's my suggestions:

Quote:
Magnus the Dragon Tamer - Jandar
Earth / Human / Unique Hero / Warrior / Valiant / Medium 5
Tame the Dragon - After moving and before attacking, you may choose one dragon adjacent to Dragon Tamer. Roll the 20-sided die. If you roll an 18 or higher, take control of the chosen Dragon and that Dragon's Army Card. If Magnus is destroyed, you retain control of any previously Tamed Dragons, and they receive 3 wounds.
Dragon Riding - Before moving a Dragon that you control, you may choose to Ride the Dragon with Magnus. After you move the Dragon Magnus is riding, place Magnus adjacent to the Dragon. If Magnus is engaged while Riding a Dragon, he will take any leaving engagement attacks.
Dragon Bonding - Before taking a turn with Magnus, you may take a turn with any Dragon you control.
5 Life
5 Move
1 Range
4 Attack
5 Defense
150 Points
I'm not much of a pointer-figure-outer, but I don't know about 150... His stats of 4 ATK and 5 DEF is just one atk die from Charos. Magnus can still, in a way, "fly" with "Dragon Riding," and, add to the fact that he can end up controlling Charos anyway... and Charos is at 210... this guy might need a bit of a points boost...

Or maybe he just needs to have his stats lowered... I figure if I have this guy I'm just going to end up using his "Tame the Dragon" and "Dragon Bonding" mercilessly anyway, so I don't think I'll be attacking with him much. It feels like this guy's meant to rely on dragons and yet he's got 4 attack dice and 5 defense dice. Then with "Dragon Riding" it shouldn't be too hard to get height advantage...

Off of the stats, I move to the special abilities.
"Tame the Dragon:" It says when he dies keep the Tamed dragons, then they receive 3 wounds. Do just the tamed dragons receive wounds, or all of your dragons? What if you start the game with him and another dragon? Does that dragon receive wounds too? How do you keep track of Tamed and Already-yours Dragons? I think this ability would come in handy, but I think its wording needs improvement.

"Dragon Riding:" I like this, but it doesn't say anything about where Magnus is. Like normal riding, does Magnus have to be adjacent to the chosen dragon that he is riding? That needs clarification.

"Dragon Bonding:" It looks like a normal bonding ability, and I don't have anything to say about it.

I really like this guy and think he's very thematic. However, I think he needs a bit of improvement. Not that it's bad, just... Unclarified.

Quote:
Captain Blackhawk - Einar
Earth / Human / Unique Hero / Pirate / Ferocious / Medium 5
Infamy - When Captain Blackhawk attacks a human character, subtract one from the defending figure's defense.
Blade of Treachery 3 - If Captain Blackhawk is attacking an adjacent figure, add 3 to Captain Blackhawk's attack.
Wooden Leg - Whenever Captain Blackhawk receives a wound, subtract one from his move.
5 Life
7 Move
6 Range
2 Attack
5 Defense
110 Points

By the way, when you recover life, Blackhawk gets his move back.
Wow! I love pirates! Like Aldin said, you may want to clarify on "Infamy." Try something like:

Infamy- When Captain Blackhawk attacks a human figure, that figure rolls one less defense die.

That sounds totally heroscapey and works with what you said. I also like what you did with "Wooden Leg." You should probably put the note in with the rest of the ability. Maybe it could be worded like:

Wooden Leg-Subtract one from Captain Blackhawk's move for every wound marker on this card.

Other than that, I think he looks great. Again, I can't help much with points.

Quote:
Pac-Man - Jandar
Earth / Pacman / Unique Hero / Consumer / Tricky / Medium 5
Chomp - Before attacking, choose one medium or small figure adjacent to Pac-Man. If the chosen figure is a Squad figure, destroy it. If the chosen figure is a Hero figure, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 16 or higher, destroy the chosen Hero.
Ghost Weakness - When Pac-Man is attacked by a Shade, he rolls one less defense die.
4 Life
6 Move
1 Range
3 Attack
3 Defense
100 Points
Wow!!! Pac-Man!!!! And props to Aldin for remembering Clyde. I can only remember Ms. Pac-Man's Sue... Do you get bonus points if he Chomps fruit-based figures?!

I love the thematics of this one. Even Ghost Weakness is like him. I think the only thing I have against him is his role of "Consumer." When I read it, I was thinking like "a person in the economy that uses goods and services." It took me awhile to realize that Pac-Man does not use goods and services. Maybe something like "Devourer" or something would work.

Quote:
Monstrous Ants - Utgar
Earth / Insects / Common Squad (4) / Beasts / Wild / Medium 6
Ant Swarm Special Attack - Range 1, Attack 8. Four Monstrous Ants may combine their attacks and roll their attack dice as one attack. All Monstrous Ants must be engaged to the targeted figure.
Scatter - After a Monstrous Ant you control rolls defense dice against a normal attack, you may move any 2 Monstrous Ants you control up to 2 spaces each. If the Monstrous Ants leave an engagement while Scattering, they must still take leaving engagement attacks.
1 Life
5 Move
1 Range
2 Attack
1 Defense
100 Points
This is the first time I read this one (I just skimmed it over the first time I read the page. ) I don't have much to say on this one other than "MEDIUM SIX?!?!?! RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!!! GIANT ANTS!!!!!"

All in all, nice creativity!

Nos13 is a judge...
For the TNT Customs!
Customs!
Old September 1st, 2007, 11:41 PM

Squadshed Woo who?
Good calls, Nos13. I fixed a lot of the stuff, plus doing a little formatting.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards