Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Notices

Old October 9th, 2006, 09:51 PM
has been BANNED

jcb231 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Things you NEVER want to see in Heroscape....

Many people post threads about what they would like to see in Heroscape....new figures, terrain, rules, etc. But what are things you NEVER want to see in Heroscape? Where do you never want the game to go? These can be serious or just wacky, your call.

Here's some of mine....

1. I never want to see electronic components used in this game. Ever. I want this game to last for years and years and not fall prey to some button-cell battery gimmick piece of junk that breaks after six months.

2. Along similar lines, I never want to see spring-loaded mechanisms or actual firing weapons in this game....leave that to attacktix. I don't want this game to start requiring dexterity and aim. It's a strategy game.

3. I never want a sixth general just for the sake of having a sixth general. If there must be one, I want there to be a real, solid reason for it. I want that general to have units that would without question fit nowhere else in the game.

4. I never want the game's look or the card design to change. When Heroscape runs it's course and releases it's final waves, I want them to match the style of day one...thinner cardstock is fine, and I DO want to someday see printed updates to the cards that have been given errata or otherwise found to be misprinted or flawed, but don't you dare touch that template! Consistency!

5. I never want the game pieces to be repackaged and sold in different combos. If they are going to re-release older waves, I want them to be sold the same way they were when they first came out.....no repackaging of Snipers with Minions or some such.

6. I never want repaints to be sold officially.....repaints as exclusives or promotional pack-ins are fine, so long as I'm not charged for them.

7. I never want blind purchase.

8. I never want older pieces to be retired, banned from official play (if we ever get that) or otherwise made obsolete or phased out of popularity by power creep.

9. I never want to see new names for old powers, just for the hell of it. If a unit has Frenzy, name it Frenzy. Work with what you have or create a new power.

10. I never want to see generalized boosts and enhancements go away, even though I fear they may be slipping ino the abyss. Bring me the units with Warlord Bonding, Soldier Leadership, and so on.....go easy on the units that work with only one other card and mention it by name.

11. I never want to see clones. Don't give me a new set of figures that have a card that is in every way identical to another card. That doesn't mean you can't re-use powers or create units that tie into old ones well, just don't make exact clones, like MTG did.

12. Finally (for now), I never want to see the game get licensed to something crappy, nor do I want it to be over-licensed. Marvel Comics are cool, and I think the license is of a respectable quality. Please never license to some fad of the week children's dreck that nobody will remember next year. License to Star Wars, Marvel, DC, Lord of the Rings, Transformers, GI Joe, etc....characters that have an established fan base and are true classics. I don't have to buy any license I don't want, but it would just hurt the whole brand I think to be tacked onto everything that comes down the pipe.
Old October 9th, 2006, 10:24 PM

Chimpy knows what's in an order marker Chimpy knows what's in an order marker
Pretty big list there. That will take me a minute to digest.

"Clay lies still, but blood's a rover; / Breath's a ware that will not keep.
Up, lad: when the journey's over / There'll be time enough to sleep!"
~"Reveille", A.E. Housman
Old October 9th, 2006, 10:27 PM

stay_golden_PONYBOY is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla stay_golden_PONYBOY is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla stay_golden_PONYBOY is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla stay_golden_PONYBOY is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla stay_golden_PONYBOY is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla stay_golden_PONYBOY is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla stay_golden_PONYBOY is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla stay_golden_PONYBOY is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
If Hulk Hogan is ever an official release, I quit!
Old October 9th, 2006, 10:34 PM

MegadeV knows what's in an order marker MegadeV knows what's in an order marker
OK, it's my Care Bears army against your My Little Pony army!

9+ RotV - 7 SotM - 6 FotAk - 6 RttFF - 3 VW - 3 TT - 3 TJ - 1 Marvel - 3+ of each common - playing since Dec '05

Megadev's Repaints and Customs
BattletechScape
Old October 9th, 2006, 10:38 PM

stay_golden_PONYBOY is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla stay_golden_PONYBOY is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla stay_golden_PONYBOY is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla stay_golden_PONYBOY is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla stay_golden_PONYBOY is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla stay_golden_PONYBOY is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla stay_golden_PONYBOY is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla stay_golden_PONYBOY is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Quote:
Originally Posted by MegadeV
Pony's rule!
Old October 9th, 2006, 10:46 PM

Chimpy knows what's in an order marker Chimpy knows what's in an order marker
Another $10 figure.

"Clay lies still, but blood's a rover; / Breath's a ware that will not keep.
Up, lad: when the journey's over / There'll be time enough to sleep!"
~"Reveille", A.E. Housman
Old October 9th, 2006, 10:52 PM
Web Wader

Fallen Templar is surprisingly tart
Quote:
Originally Posted by MegadeV
Apocalyspe Ponies

"The fact is that a man who wants to act virtuously in every way necessarily comes to grief among so many who are not virtuous."- Niccolo Machiavelli

Old October 9th, 2006, 10:59 PM
Hotdoghead-Molesterface

kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby!
I don't want the licensed stuff to ever be merged into the main product line. The way they are handling the Marvel license is great.
Old October 9th, 2006, 11:00 PM
markwars has a man-crush on me

Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness
That an extensive list. I agree with most, so I'll just throw in some that are most important (and probably redundant to JCB's post) to me.

1. No thank you to blind purchases. I love knowing what I'm getting.
2. A 6th General. Why would we need one? I like the balance as is.

I say no to liscensed Heroscape, but who am I kidding. If they came out with Star Wars Scape, I would buy it up like a giddy schoolboy.

Yea, thats pretty much it.
Old October 9th, 2006, 11:58 PM
has been BANNED

reapersaurus is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Re: Things you NEVER want to see in Heroscape....

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcb231
what are things you NEVER want to see in Heroscape?

8. I never want older pieces to be retired, banned from official play (if we ever get that) or otherwise made obsolete or phased out of popularity by power creep.

11. I never want to see clones.

Old October 10th, 2006, 12:08 AM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I never want to endlessly want, but that desire has long since been shot to heck.
Old October 10th, 2006, 12:40 AM
Heroscape Architect Extraordinaire

caravaggio is surprisingly tart
i never want to see the well-designed original peices become obsolete especially after buying so much of it. for example, it would suck to wake up one day and have the beautiful sparkly water replaced with some ugly cheap replica or to have all the attack and defense dice suddenly become obsolete.

...uh, wait a minute....

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion