Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Notices

Old November 17th, 2014, 01:01 PM
I got "Oh Come on" 'ed

ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby!
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParaGoomba Slayer View Post
I saw an Adventure Time version of Love Letter in Japanese on BGG. Might just be a fan thing, but I'm holding out for that. Not a super big fan of medieval themes, and the Adventure Time theme is something I like a lot.
It's not a fan-made version. It's actually coming out too. Back when the spin-offs were announced, the Batman and Adventure Time versions were announced together on their FaceBook page.
Any word on when it's coming out?

Circumcision? HIS body, HIS decision. A person should have the right to their own body. "Sometimes you're right but you're always an asshole." - Anonymous neg rep
Old November 17th, 2014, 01:01 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I played Mare Nostrum once without the expansion and once with. It was much better with the expansion but still just an OK game. Nothing that excited me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old November 17th, 2014, 01:29 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post
Quote:
I saw an Adventure Time version of Love Letter in Japanese on BGG. Might just be a fan thing, but I'm holding out for that. Not a super big fan of medieval themes, and the Adventure Time theme is something I like a lot.
It's not a fan-made version. It's actually coming out too. Back when the spin-offs were announced, the Batman and Adventure Time versions were announced together on their FaceBook page.
Any word on when it's coming out?
It should be shortly after the Batman one, if I recall correctly.
Old November 17th, 2014, 03:24 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Recently: Asmodee Buys Days of Wonder.

Okay...

Today: Asmodee Buys Fantasy Flight Games

GACK!

Just sayin'...
Old November 17th, 2014, 07:04 PM

Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Yeah, that was a big surprise to me too. Will be curious to see how if at all it will change FFG. They've got a good thing going right now, hopefully it just extends their reach into European markets.
Old November 17th, 2014, 11:58 PM
Chewer of Cats

akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Things have been pretty quiet on the gaming front recently, but I finally broke the gaming drought over the week-end. My family and I spent Saturday evening with some friends who are casual gamers, and they asked to play a couple of easy ones. We started out with Flash Point: Fire Rescue and followed with Ticket To Ride. They enjoyed TTR so much that I may have to look into an expansion to add a map or two (thinking about the Europe one because I like the idea of stations that help prevent the issue of being cut off by another player's routes). Yesterday I also got in a solo game of Legendary Encounters, losing in my first attempt to play through the Alien: Resurrection.

My family and I are travelling to visit our relatives over Thanksgiving, and I'm always expected to bring games to play. This is usually a pretty boring ordeal for my daughter because there are no girls in the family anywhere near her age, so I thought I'd break out Mice and Mystics and plan to play it a few times with her while there. She was too young to really catch on when we first tried to play, so it would be a new game, and I think the story/cute mice, etc will be fun for her. I ran through a solo game tonight to remind myself how to play. It turns out that I had forgotten that this game can actually be tough to beat. I lost on the second map tile through a combination of repeated surges and captured mice. It was pretty brutal, and we didn't even make it into the kitchen. I'll have to play again before breaking it out for my daughter. I don't want to make her cry...
Old November 18th, 2014, 06:52 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

@akden , the 2nd Chapter is pretty easy. So if you guys can "squeak" through the first one, the next one should be doable on the first attempt. Good luck!

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old November 18th, 2014, 08:57 AM
Adrian Monk

1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth

Was a really strong weekend for us--very enjoyable:

Roborally
Legendary (x2)
DC Deckbuilder
Small World
Ticket to Ride: India
Rise of Augustus
Dungeon Command
Imaginiff
Rumble in the Dungeon
Loopin' Louie
Good Cop, Bad Cop

One Legendary was terrible--we never even touched Sinister--he bulked up quick with some early strong draws from the Villain Deck and we just never had a chance. (It was the scenario where you have to have a number of Bystanders equal to the number of Scheme Twists to even be able to attack the Mastermind.) We just got rolled.

But the second one was excellent. A feverish, high-action one protecting the Daily Bugle (well, the name of the scenario is lame) that had us down to about 6 cards in the Villain Deck and 3 in the Hero Deck, when we laid Mephisto down. Really fun game.

--
@akden , I love Ticket to Ride: Europe. It is my favorite and I love the Train Stations, great way to balance out the frustration, while still rewarding the better players. It's even better with the small Europa expansion that adds in so, so many cards. Just makes it such a wonderfully diverse map.

The later maps (India, Africa, Netherlands, etc.) are all a bit more challenging. Asia is probably the easiest and most fun of the smaller T2R expansions.
Old November 18th, 2014, 09:12 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

A couple nights ago we got in two games of Dominion, specifically playing the Hinterlands pre-defined decks that combine with Intrigue. My mom and wife both enjoy this game, which is lucky for me. My mom is a little slow at playing it, often having to reread cards she's been playing all night, but it's all good. The first game went pretty quick, as my wife and I both saw a clear strategy and pursued it aggressively, which powered through the 3-stacks end-game requirement. She won that game at 39 points with her superior buying power beating out my more pure implementation of the strategy at 35 points (buy Great Halls, buy Tunnels, stack up on Silk Roads). My mom had 33 points, so altogether it was a pretty close game.

The second game I didn't see any clear strategy at first so I went with a "buy the cards that look fun" approach. Unfortunately it turned my deck into sludge, but I somehow pulled out the win anyway. I forgot exactly how many points I had--maybe 40-something.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old November 18th, 2014, 09:44 AM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Mmirg View Post
@akden , I love Ticket to Ride: Europe. It is my favorite and I love the Train Stations, great way to balance out the frustration, while still rewarding the better players. It's even better with the small Europa expansion that adds in so, so many cards. Just makes it such a wonderfully diverse map.
More than the additional cards, I really like the addition of the warehouse/depot game mechanic. It adds a very fun strategic twist to gathering train cards.
Old November 18th, 2014, 09:53 AM
I reserve my inappropriate love for Heroscape.

Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkins View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Mmirg View Post
More than the additional cards, I really like the addition of the warehouse/depot game mechanic. It adds a very fun strategic twist to gathering train cards.
Switzerland is our new favorite, mainly because it can be played with 2-3 players.

Although, if you ask me what my favorite train game is, which I know you are wondering , it is Railways of the World. TtR is definitely more approachable though.

We were able to squeeze in games of Takenoko and Bohnanza before bedtime (mine) last night.

My Shadows of Brimstone Minecart pledge is due in tomorrow, so I know what I am going to be doing through Thanksgiving. Well at least I hope I know.
Old November 18th, 2014, 10:14 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
The second game I didn't see any clear strategy at first so I went with a "buy the cards that look fun" approach. Unfortunately it turned my deck into sludge, but I somehow pulled out the win anyway. I forgot exactly how many points I had--maybe 40-something.
That tends to be my approach about 70-75% of the time.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games