Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Notices

Old June 16th, 2011, 08:28 AM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: 550 Point Armies

Well met!

Sorry, no Braxas allowed!

150 Brutes x 2
110 NotW
100 Kozuke
100 Goblins x 2
90 Feral Troll
550, 22 spaces

150 Cyprien
150 Brutes x 2
150 Goblins x 3
100 Kozuke
550, 22 spaces

160 Shurrak
150 Warhulk
130 Kee-Mo-Shi
110 Brunak
550, 7 spaces

Ahh! if only I owned some Pulverizers . . .

300 Pulverizers x 3
150 Brutes x 3
150 Goblins x 3
550, 24 spaces
Old June 16th, 2011, 08:47 AM

Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I would go with:
280 Heavy Gruts x 4
120 Grimnak
100 Tornak
50 Nerak
40 Blade Gruts x 1
540 24 hexes

This army would be better with Nerak, but you can't use him.
Old June 16th, 2011, 09:51 AM

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Well met!

I have only 2 squads of Heavies. I've been trying to think of a way to make them work . . .
Old June 16th, 2011, 10:58 AM

Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolakoski View Post
Well met!

I have only 2 squads of Heavies. I've been trying to think of a way to make them work . . .
Maybe you could use 2 squads of Blades as proxies. If I were playing you and you didn't have Blades in your army, I wouldn't object.

Alternatively, I could let you borrow 2 squads of Heavies.

Another idea could be...
160 SBN
250 Dividers x 5
120 Krug
20 Marcu
550 20 hexes

Last edited by Rich10; June 16th, 2011 at 02:37 PM.
Old June 16th, 2011, 07:27 PM

Master of Disaster is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Well met!

150 Brutes x 2
110 NotW
100 Kozuke
100 Goblins x 2
90 Feral Troll
550, 22 spaces

150 Cyprien
150 Brutes x 2
150 Goblins x 3
100 Kozuke
550, 22 spaces

160 Shurrak
150 Warhulk
130 Kee-Mo-Shi
110 Brunak
550, 7 spaces

Ahh! if only I owned some Pulverizers . . .

300 Pulverizers x 3
150 Brutes x 3
150 Goblins x 3
550, 24 spaces
I checked the OP and I didn't see any exclusion on any figures. Are you serious or just joking? If its the former I'll post a different army, if its the latter... I guess I've been suckered.
Old June 16th, 2011, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filthy the Clown View Post
Quote:
Well met!

In light of the upcoming Pitman, NJ tourney (link below), Who Turned Out the Lights?, 550 point melee armies, with no ranged powers of any kind, including auras, I thought I'd momentarily revive this thread.
Thinking of something besides gruts, knights, or romans...

Minions x 5
550, 15 spaces
~Just watch out for Rats; you could sub in Moriko for one squad of Minions to add a reasonable melee especial
----
Spartacus 200
Capuans x 5 350
16 spaces, 550
~Finally a way to bring some numbers for the Glads. 3 strong attacks a turn, if you can hold off on using Sparty until later in the game.

or try the standard Steamroller with a twist:

Spartacus 200
Crixus 90
Caps x 3 210
Rats x1 40
Isamu 10
16 spaces, 550
~Spend a couple of OMs on the rats, and then Glads from there on out. Isamu is your last-ditch tool.
----
Death Knights x 5 300
Dumutef x 4 100
Sir Hawthorne 90
Theracus 40
Marcu 20
22 spaces, 550 points
~Send out Theracus with the black knight, then move up your deadies while Hawthorne becomes a pimple on your opponent's start zone.
----
Goblin Cutters x 5 250
Cyprien 150
Sonya 45
Gurei 100
24 spaces, 545
~With no Q brothers, Cyprien and the Cutters can really shine. Gurei is pretty much just a 100 point special attacker (Kumiko might be a better option?).

Ice Elementals and/or Tagawa Samurai might be good in this format as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaemon Awa 123 View Post
For your format, I think Zombies x7, Krug, Isamu.

Zombies for swarming and rebirthing, something to whack those annoying big heroes, and Isamu to round it out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by master of disaster View Post
Quote:
Well met!

I checked the OP and I didn't see any exclusion on any figures. Are you serious or just joking? If its the former I'll post a different army, if its the latter... I guess I've been suckered.
Well met!

The current necro of this thread is in reference to the above-mentioned tournament, in which Braxas is not allowed.
Old June 17th, 2011, 11:06 AM

Master of Disaster is surprisingly tart

@kolakoski

Thanks for the info, I will remove Braxus post haste.
Old September 22nd, 2019, 09:06 PM

Brewster rolls all skulls baby! Brewster rolls all skulls baby! Brewster rolls all skulls baby! Brewster rolls all skulls baby! Brewster rolls all skulls baby! Brewster rolls all skulls baby!

Necroing this thread, but seems an appropriate place to put down this sweet army I played with today.

We were doing some NHSD practice, 550 points. I made a Knights army and a Minions army, but both of them flopped to bad rolls. However, this little dream worked like a well-oiled machine:

1x Taelord 180
2x Omnicron Snipers 380
1x Raelin ROTV 460
2x Rats 540
1x Isamu 550

Taelord costs too much, but his aura+height is insane with the snipers, and once I was able to grab the attack +1 glyph, Raelin and Rats helped me hold my position while snipers picked off figures one by one. Definitely keeping record of this army to use again!

The aesthetic is also pretty cool - 2 squads of Jandar & Utgar soulborgs, and 1 Kyrie warrior from each faction. Red+Blue for the win!
Old September 25th, 2019, 12:58 PM

DoomCarrot knows what's in an order marker DoomCarrot knows what's in an order marker DoomCarrot knows what's in an order marker

Yeah, snipers with taelord can be insanely brutal, especially against a hero heavy army. If the stars align and you manage to get 3-4 attack dice with the snipers, you might as well just imagine 3 units getting insta-killed anywhere within their range each turn. Otherwise, microcorps manage to be better than snipers in every way.

Something I kinda want to try:

Brunak: 110
Marcus Decimus Gallus: 210
Airborne Elite: 320
Su-Bak-Na: 480
Nagrubs x2: 540

Not highly synergistic, but my idea is: send out brunak and drop off marcus somewhere strategic. When the airborne drop, put them near marcus if you can, and use them to shred any of the heavy hitting range units. With their range hopefully mostly crippled, use brunak and SBN in conjunction to kill swarms and tanks, respectively. You still got marcus as a decent fighter if you really need him.
Old September 30th, 2019, 01:28 AM

Brewster rolls all skulls baby! Brewster rolls all skulls baby! Brewster rolls all skulls baby! Brewster rolls all skulls baby! Brewster rolls all skulls baby! Brewster rolls all skulls baby!

Another week of NHSD practice, another sweet army. I decided to run knights back with new champions this time, as Sir Gilbert disappointed me last week.

3x Knights of Weston 210
1x Thorgrim 290
1x Finn 370
1x Eldgrim 400
1x Krav Maga Agents 500
1x Marro Warriors 550

This was a sweet old school mega-KMA build with 4 cards from the OG master set. Strategy was pretty simple. Grab glyphs with Eldgrim and dish out as much damage as possible with KoW and Viking Champions, putting all the spirits on the KMA and clean up whatever is left with them and have Marro Warriors in there for ranged support when you need it. In the unlikely event the Krav die before any Vikings, you can feasibly put the viking spirits on the MW.
Old September 30th, 2019, 05:08 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

My Talingul idea:
Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
Army Ideas Options:
Talingul = 100
Greater Ice Elemental (Un) = 130
Rhogar Dragonspine = 110
Boreos = 110
Iron Golem (Un) = 100
Old October 22nd, 2019, 02:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewster View Post
1x Taelord 180
2x Omnicron Snipers 380
1x Raelin ROTV 460
2x Rats 540
1x Isamu 550
I have been considering swapping the rats for 2x Repulsors, giving the Snipers a chance for the mythical 5 deadly shot dice (1base +1Taelord +1height +1glyph +1repulsor)

But rats are such a good melee screen idk if I can give it up. the synergy is redonkulous though.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion