Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > TV
TV Not Heroscape-related.

Notices

Old April 12th, 2018, 10:26 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth
Re: TV: What Are You Watching?

I just watched the pilot episode of the HBO show Barry. You might have seen the ads. The title character is played by Bill Hader, and he's an expert hit man, but he's burned out and stumbles into an acting class in LA.

This show is really, really funny. Very little violence, so far, just weird and funny scene after scene.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old April 15th, 2018, 07:27 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

Binge watched Lost In Space this weekend, really liked it. I’m a fan of the old TV show and wanted to like the late 90s/ early 2000s movie but it was meh. Interestingly, the new show went the serious route and borrowed a few ideas from the movie’s plot, but with 10 hours to develop them instead of 2, it worked. Slow first 3-4 episodes as the shows were half story and half flashback, but really picked by episode 4. Very hopeful this will have a season 2 as it looks very promising.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez
Old April 21st, 2018, 05:02 PM
What's Curse of Negoksa???

Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Been watching Gotham. Big fun of all the classic villain fun (Riddler, Joker, Penguin, Ivy, etc), not as much a fan of the mystic cult stuff. I know it's all related to Ras a Ghul, but it feels shoehorned in. The other villains are so organic, great backstories, we've watched them become who they are. The mystic cult stuff seems out of place.

Swamper is Zetacron...
in the
Garden of Horror...
Old May 12th, 2018, 12:16 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

So finished Altered Carbon and 5 episodes into the final season of Orphan Black.

Altered Carbon was different and a bit graphic but I liked it.

Orphan Black...I've enjoyed it up to this point but Season Five seems to be more off the rails than previous seasons. We are watching it in chunks though. My first watch party viewing. Group of teacher friends of my wife are meeting once a weekend to watch a few episodes at a time...we watched the previous seasons one a night just the two of us.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old May 12th, 2018, 08:04 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

I liked Altered Carbon a lot. It was kind of like Sense 8 in its graphic nature, but I have no problem with that. U definitely can't watch either with my daughters.

Speaking of which, my daughters and I are through 10 episodes of Jessica Jones 2nd season. I had watched it before, so I knew of the few spots I needed to fast forward through. They dig it.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old May 12th, 2018, 11:06 AM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!

Yeah, Altered Carbon is very graphic, but the story is really good and well executed. I just finished reading the book it is based on, and I think the TV show is actually better.
Old May 12th, 2018, 11:33 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Minivann View Post
Yeah, Altered Carbon is very graphic, but the story is really good and well executed. I just finished reading the book it is based on, and I think the TV show is actually better.
I've told that actually the book was more graphic.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old May 12th, 2018, 08:38 PM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Minivann View Post
I've told that actually the book was more graphic.
I could see that. They are both graphic. I think they are more or less graphic in different ways. I mainly think the story in the TV show just works better. I don't know if they pulled things from the other books in the series, but there are some fairly significant changes from the book.
Old May 22nd, 2018, 09:25 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

I've watched the first 2 episodes of the new Lost in Space on Netflix. I've enjoyed it so far.

I've also been watching several of the One Strange Rock episodes hosted by Wil Smith on National Geographic. Really great and informative series about earth.

Last edited by Hahma; May 22nd, 2018 at 10:02 PM.
Old May 23rd, 2018, 09:57 PM

Jaur0n is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
I just watched the pilot episode of the HBO show Barry. You might have seen the ads. The title character is played by Bill Hader, and he's an expert hit man, but he's burned out and stumbles into an acting class in LA.

This show is really, really funny. Very little violence, so far, just weird and funny scene after scene.
I really enjoyed the first season of Barry and was happy to see it's getting a 2nd.
Old May 24th, 2018, 03:29 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
I've watched the first 2 episodes of the new Lost in Space on Netflix. I've enjoyed it so far.
Good show. Hit the right balance of nostalgia and freshness for me. Not sure how season 2 will advance the story from the end of season 1, but I'm very much looking forward to finding out.

~Aldin, DANGERously

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old May 24th, 2018, 06:04 PM
Prickly Cactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldin View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
Good show. Hit the right balance of nostalgia and freshness for me. Not sure how season 2 will advance the story from the end of season 1, but I'm very much looking forward to finding out.

~Aldin, DANGERously
I was pleasantly surprised with the way they approached the characters and environment in this remake. This isn't the Lost in Space that I watched as a kid, and that's a good thing.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > TV