Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old September 19th, 2016, 01:11 AM

Trav11111 knows what's in an order marker Trav11111 knows what's in an order marker
Re: Craig Van Ness Q&A Thread

Oh! I want to change my question (or have both answered). How close were we to getting Penguins with Machine guns?

"Good. Bad. I'm the guy with the gun." - Ash, Army of darkness
Old September 19th, 2016, 09:38 AM

Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by MementoMori View Post
Time for a lighthearted silly question:

If you could make a perfect crossover between Heroscape and any other boardgame, what would it be?

Mine would be PandemiaScape (Pandemic + HS) or Assault of Valhalla (Imperial Assault / Descent + HS)
MementoMori,
Candyland Scape- just kidding

Axis and Allies Scape- Heroscape with tanks, machine gun nests and halftracks. Maybe smaller wars change the greater war.

Settlers of Scape- What does a Euro game look like that has this story, maybe some light battling with building and resource collecting.

PandemiaScape sounds fun.

This is a fun question. It could be fun to see if you could create a scenario that delivers on one of the combinations. You might have to add some components.
Old September 19th, 2016, 10:07 AM

Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates
That extra turn on the x order marker is nasty!
Old September 19th, 2016, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Minivann View Post
Back in the day there were occasionally blurry pictures of something like a shelf with unreleased and unannounced heroes and squads. Did you ever lurk those discussions and get a kick out of the wild speculation that was tossed around?
Yes. All the designers checked out those threads. It was fun seeing all the posts and the crazy speculations.
Old September 19th, 2016, 10:15 AM
GenCon General Wars & DW9K Jumpstart Champ 2008

lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by heroscaper2010 View Post
I have a game mechanic question. Was there any thoughts of creating units with a range of 2 or 3?
Like a Hydra?
Old September 19th, 2016, 02:12 PM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewolf View Post
Quote:
I have a game mechanic question. Was there any thoughts of creating units with a range of 2 or 3?
Like a Hydra?
Special powers and attacks don't count for my question. I'm talking a pure stat of Range 2 or 3. Sorry for any confusion.
Old September 20th, 2016, 02:23 PM
Most Effort : Least Points

Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I always found it interesting that the glyph of Ivor only buffed units of range 4+
If my memory is correct, the only time that came into play by not affecting a ranged unit is the Obsidian Guards, whose base range becomes 3 in liquid lava.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleksandr I. Solzhenitsyn
The simple step of a courageous individual is not to take part in the lie.
Old September 20th, 2016, 04:07 PM

Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun

How involved were you in Arena of the Planeswalkers?

I kind of picture the decision to not have commons as being the kind of thing you might want to avoid by taking things into your own hands....

Jugger

It's like football with swords or LARPing without the geeky stuff. In other words, it's awesomely perfect!
Old September 20th, 2016, 04:33 PM

CJofCourse knows what's in an order marker CJofCourse knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
"Army card cost formula"? Do tell!
Indeed. That would be most interesting for producing customs. I mean we have our ways anyway, but still.
^ I'm sure I can speak for anyone who's tried HS customs ever, we would love to hear how you would cost customs, and if you have a formula, or if there were any official formulas.

And, can we get a sneak peek at what Soaring Rhino is planning next?

And, would you ever consider buying the licences to HS? Even if just to say that you have them? And what would you do with them?

And finally (last one, I promise*), in relation to the last one, would you ever consider reprinting older HS sets?

*(in this post)

-------------------------
Join our HeroScape discord! https://discord.gg/DXRaqvn
Talk about everything heroscape, or just hang out!
Old September 20th, 2016, 09:46 PM

Augray is surprisingly tart

[quote=CJtheMighty;2110915]
Quote:
I can answer this one. Yes. We are putting together a video that will introduce the first game.
Old September 20th, 2016, 09:50 PM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewolf View Post
Quote:
Like a Hydra?
Special powers and attacks don't count for my question. I'm talking a pure stat of Range 2 or 3. Sorry for any confusion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nukatha View Post
I always found it interesting that the glyph of Ivor only buffed units of range 4+
If my memory is correct, the only time that came into play by not affecting a ranged unit is the Obsidian Guards, whose base range becomes 3 in liquid lava.
That's exactly where I'm going with my original question. Why wouldn't the Glyph of Ivor just affect units with a range of 2 or more? Unless of course, there was no thoughts of creating units with a range of 2 or 3? Or units with a base range of 2 or 3 were just ruled out from the beginning?

It'd be interesting to know the answer and thought process behind that.
Old September 20th, 2016, 10:36 PM

CJofCourse knows what's in an order marker CJofCourse knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augray View Post
Quote:
I can answer this one. Yes. We are putting together a video that will introduce the first game.
Sweet! Looking forward to it!

-------------------------
Join our HeroScape discord! https://discord.gg/DXRaqvn
Talk about everything heroscape, or just hang out!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion