Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Software
Software Software created for enhancing HeroScape

Notices

Old April 13th, 2012, 03:23 AM

Parduz knows what's in an order marker Parduz knows what's in an order marker Parduz knows what's in an order marker
Re: MSE - Easy Army Card Creator (V2.4) (Abilities Tutorial)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac122 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Name653 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Anyone know how to fix this error? "can't seek on file descriptor -1 (error 2: the system cannot find the file specified.)"
What are you doing when you get the error? Are you sure you extracted all the files?
It happens when I try to put a picture in the picture spot, but it was working until just recently.
I tried to duplicate the error, but couldn't. If it is ony certain images that cannot be imported, it could be that those files have been corrpted. If you cannot import any images onto a card, perhaps the program has been damaged. You could try extracting the program file again. Otherwise, I'm stumped. Hopefully, someone else on the site has had the same issue and knows how to fix it.
I'm just guessing now, but i'd try to check the image path\filename: could it be too long (>255 chars?) or have in it special, unicode chars (as sometime happens to me when saving japanese files...).
Try to pick the image that does not work, copy it on C:\ root and rename it with a simple name... then try to import it from there.
I repeat, i'm just guessing, so sorry if i've missed the spot

Would you like to listen to my music?

Old April 13th, 2012, 04:01 PM

Name653 is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parduz View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Anyone know how to fix this error? "can't seek on file descriptor -1 (error 2: the system cannot find the file specified.)"
What are you doing when you get the error? Are you sure you extracted all the files?
It happens when I try to put a picture in the picture spot, but it was working until just recently.
I tried to duplicate the error, but couldn't. If it is ony certain images that cannot be imported, it could be that those files have been corrpted. If you cannot import any images onto a card, perhaps the program has been damaged. You could try extracting the program file again. Otherwise, I'm stumped. Hopefully, someone else on the site has had the same issue and knows how to fix it.
I'm just guessing now, but i'd try to check the image path\filename: could it be too long (>255 chars?) or have in it special, unicode chars (as sometime happens to me when saving japanese files...).
Try to pick the image that does not work, copy it on C:\ root and rename it with a simple name... then try to import it from there.
I repeat, i'm just guessing, so sorry if i've missed the spot
Mac: Thanks for the help, anyway. Parduz: I always name the picture (if, say, I'm doing Spider-Man) 'Spider-Man Picture'. Both: I'll try it again. It could be my dad's connection, cause it worked before I went there this weekend.

Jesus Rocks!
"[HoSS] is brilliant!" ~Grungebob
High Resolution Scanned Heroscape Cards
Old April 16th, 2012, 08:33 AM

'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

So I'm making an ability that should exclude those with the Lava Resistant ability. However, when I type "lava resistant" in the ability's description, the auto text for Lava Resistant is entered in, and lava resistant is automatically bolder. I can delete the auto text, but I can't undo the bolder words. Any way around this?

My tourney record: 14-32 or 30.43% wins
Check out my multimedia work
Old April 16th, 2012, 08:43 AM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

Type out the power in a notepad file and copy/paste it in? I've never used MSE so I'm not sure it will work but it just might.
Old April 16th, 2012, 08:58 AM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Scaper94 View Post
So I'm making an ability that should exclude those with the Lava Resistant ability. However, when I type "lava resistant" in the ability's description, the auto text for Lava Resistant is entered in, and lava resistant is automatically bolder. I can delete the auto text, but I can't undo the bolder words. Any way around this?
I've had this problem, too. I recommend saving this particular card in a separate set. While you have that set open, click the "Set Info" tab. The 4th line down should be Automatic Abilities. Change the setting to "No". This will turn off all automatic abilities for that set.

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031
Old April 16th, 2012, 01:27 PM

Quote:
What I do is I put two spaces in between the words. Instead of Lava Resistant (which will get the reminder), I would do Lava(space)(space)Resistant. If it's one word (such as Throw) I do this: T'hrow, or wherever you want the apostrophe.

Jesus Rocks!

Last edited by Name653; April 16th, 2012 at 01:54 PM.
Old April 16th, 2012, 03:10 PM

I figgered out (sorta) my problem with the picture! I for some strange reason have to be on my Admin account! x3 Thanks for the assistance, guys.

Jesus Rocks!
Old April 16th, 2012, 06:23 PM

'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Quote:
I've had this problem, too. I recommend saving this particular card in a separate set. While you have that set open, click the "Set Info" tab. The 4th line down should be Automatic Abilities. Change the setting to "No". This will turn off all automatic abilities for that set.
Thanks, this helped solved the issue!

Old April 16th, 2012, 08:23 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

You can also right click to shut off "insta writing" for each individual time it pops up. It took me the longest time to figure out.
Old April 16th, 2012, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch-vile View Post
You can also right click to shut off "insta writing" for each individual time it pops up. It took me the longest time to figure out.
I've been able to take out the text this way, but the name of the ability couldn't be un-bolded for some reason.

Old April 17th, 2012, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch-vile View Post
I've been able to take out the text this way, but the name of the ability couldn't be un-bolded for some reason.
Or un-capitalized, for me.

Jesus Rocks!
Old April 22nd, 2012, 12:57 AM

Quote:
I figgered out (sorta) my problem with the picture! I for some strange reason have to be on my Admin account! x3 Thanks for the assistance, guys.
Nahp, it stopped working again.

Jesus Rocks!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Software