Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media
Other Media Books, Music, Movies, Television, Comics, etc.

Old March 23rd, 2007, 12:48 AM
Master Custom Creator

Annerios knows what's in an order marker Annerios knows what's in an order marker Annerios knows what's in an order marker
Movie Discussion - 28 Weeks Later

http://www.foxatomic.com/#28weekslater_sneaktrailer

I really enjoyed 28 Days Later, despite it being a pastiche of Romero's work. I'm looking forward to the sequel.

Great poster too. It reminds me of Romero's The Crazies.

The full trailer will be playing attached to The Hills Have Eyes 2. Give the love most people have shown The Hills Have Eyes remake, I doubt many people here will see the 28 Weeks Later trailer. :P

I'll catch it on the web.
Old March 23rd, 2007, 12:54 AM
Ban Hammer Slammer!

Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Movie Discussion - 28 Weeks Later

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annerios
Give the love most people have shown The Hills Have Eyes remake, I doubt many people here will see the 28 Weeks Later trailer.

I hadn't heard that there was a sequel to 28 Days Later, so upon misreading the title of the thread I was thinking Someone's been in a coma for a while now ...

Just because you're offended, it doesn't make you right.
Old March 23rd, 2007, 12:57 AM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I'd be down for seeing 28 Weeks Later.
I didn't think the first movie was all that great, but it was a decent watch.

Btw, Have any of you seen the commercial for Hills Have Eyes 2? Pretty creative and funny.
Old March 23rd, 2007, 01:04 AM
Master Custom Creator

Annerios knows what's in an order marker Annerios knows what's in an order marker Annerios knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malechi
Someone's been in a coma for a while now ...
They bring me out of the coma every few months to tempt me with actually setting foot in a movie theater. :P

With Grindhouse, The Mist, Cell and a few others headed to theaters it will be hard to resist.

I can't complain, my viewing of 300 was practically a private screening. If I could only manage that every time.
Old March 23rd, 2007, 01:12 AM
Master Custom Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hex_Enduction_Hour
I'd be down for seeing 28 Weeks Later.
I didn't think the first movie was all that great, but it was a decent watch.

Btw, Have any of you seen the commercial for Hills Have Eyes 2? Pretty creative and funny.
I love the desolate beginning of 28 Days Later and the intensity of the infected's attacks. I'm a sucker for apocalyptic movies, so it would be hard for me not to like that one. The only thing I did not like was the "happy" ending, but they fixed that on the DVD and all was well with the world. Just keep telling yourself, "they are not zombies!"

I've seen some bits and pieces of the commercials. The original Hills Have Eyes is one of those movies that I remembered being better than it was. I tried to watch it a couple of years back and it was awful. Ok idea, but the execution was lame. I did not think the remake was anything memorable. The effects were well done and it ramped up the intensity a bit, but it is not something I'd see again.
Old March 23rd, 2007, 01:21 AM
Ban Hammer Slammer!

Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
... Have any of you seen the commercial for Hills Have Eyes 2? Pretty creative and funny.
I saw the trailer and was thinking it looked good. I was uncertain why I felt this until it dawned on me ...

Hills Have Eyes quick synopsis: A small group in a remote area is attacked and killed by monsters.

Hills Have Eyes 2 quick synopsis: Army grunts are brought into the remote area to find the monsters that killed group 1 and are outmaneuvered by the monsters.

Thinking, thinking, thinking, thinking, OMG! It is a cheap ripoff of Alien and Aliens!!! I really don't want to see it now!

Quote:
Quote:
Someone's been in a coma for a while now ...
The bring me out of the coma every few months to tempt me with actually setting foot in a movie theater. :P

With Grindhouse, The Mist, Cell and a few others headed to theaters it will be hard to resist.
Grindhouse does indeed look like fun times on mental cruise control cinema. And, will definitely check it out on DVD.

But, did no one get the coma reference in a 28 Days/Weeks Later thread?!?

Just because you're offended, it doesn't make you right.
Old March 23rd, 2007, 01:26 AM
Master Custom Creator

Quote:
But, did no one get the coma reference in a 28 Days/Weeks Later thread?!?
Old March 23rd, 2007, 01:27 AM
Site Admin

netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
The Mist is probably my favorite non-prison related Stephen King story. Its just plain good. Let's hope it does't follow the trend of his non-prison related stories that were made into movies and its actually good!

As for 28 Weeks Later I can't wait to see it. I loved the first one and hope the second is just as good.
Old March 23rd, 2007, 01:36 AM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:

I love the desolate beginning of 28 Days Later and the intensity of the infected's attacks. I'm a sucker for apocalyptic movies, so it would be hard for me not to like that one. The only thing I did not like was the "happy" ending, but they fixed that on the DVD and all was well with the world. Just keep telling yourself, "they are not zombies!"
I was enjoying 28 Days Later up until the lead character went 'Rambo' in the rain on the military characters. LAME!
Old March 23rd, 2007, 01:41 AM
Master Custom Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by netherspirit
The Mist is probably my favorite non-prison related Stephen King story. Its just plain good. Let's hope it does't follow the trend of his non-prison related stories that were made into movies and its actually good!
Frank Darabont is the director of The Mist, so it stands a good chance of being damn good.

Check out this clip:

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/31980

Aintitcool did a 4 part behind the scenes report on it recently that was quite interesting. You may want to check it out.

Here is a cool area of the 28 Weeks Later site with photos and a few more clips.

http://www.foxatomic.com/#movie:TitleId=7
Old March 23rd, 2007, 01:50 AM
Site Admin

netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by netherspirit
Frank Darabont is the director of The Mist, so it stands a good chance of being darn good.
Seeing as he was the one that directed both of the Stephen King prison stories, Shawshank Redemption (my all time favorite movie) and The Green Mile. Yes, yes it does.

I was just checking out his IMDB page and apparently he directed the first episode of the new show Raines. Which I liked a lot...

Thanks for the link to the Webisodes.
Old March 23rd, 2007, 01:50 AM
Master Custom Creator

Quote:
I was enjoying 28 Days Later up until the lead character went 'Rambo' in the rain on the military characters. LAME!
I think the introduction of the military was just too predictable and the whole, "we are going mad because we want women" bit was a little preposterous.

They actually had plans to go in a whole different direction not involving the military in the third act which they talk about on the DVD. It probably would have been more original.

The first one is definitely a flawed film, with lots of odd plot holes (like why on earth don't the ragers attack each other?) which they don't really have a good answer for even on the DVD. However, I think the film holds up well because of the tangible atmosphere of fear it creates and the fine performances by the cast.

Let's hope the sequel is not a quick cash in scheme.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media