Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media
Other Media Books, Music, Movies, Television, Comics, etc.

View Poll Results: X-Men: The Last Stand...
...was a great movie! 15 44.12%
...could have been better. 15 44.12%
...sucked! 3 8.82%
...is not worth renting or wasting a rainy Sunday watching on network television. 1 2.94%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Old May 27th, 2006, 09:47 PM
This week: Joah 2 Nwojedi 0

Joah has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by caravaggio

you're probably right. i just thought it would be entertaining. didnt that happen in a comic at some point?
Spider-Man "Team-Up" with X-men? No, I don't think it ever happened. Car, you bring up a great point about Comic movies though. I am a recovering "Fan-Boy". I don't read mainstream comic books anymore, haven't for years. I WILL pick up the occasional issue of "Wizard" magazine, to find out "who is butchering what...". DC and Marvel are always, ALWAYS, trying to re-invent the wheel. It's different comic "Era's" for different people. For me it was Chris Clearmont's EARLY 80's run on "The Uncanny X-men". Haven't been the same since. I'm sure I'll see X3, I'm not in any sort of hurry though. When does Spidey3 come out? July '07? That's gonna KICK!
Old May 28th, 2006, 06:47 AM
Heroscape Architect Extraordinaire

caravaggio is surprisingly tart
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joah
Quote:
Originally Posted by caravaggio

you're probably right. i just thought it would be entertaining. didnt that happen in a comic at some point?
Spider-Man "Team-Up" with X-men? No, I don't think it ever happened. Car, you bring up a great point about Comic movies though.
uh, what's this?...

i dont really know what this is. could be some cheap crap that people who care about this stuff dont really consider "real". could be fun, i dont know.

as far as having a point about films, well its good to know that 3 years of film school wasnt totally for nothing!

and yeah, spider man 3. i hope it's good. they would have to do something pretty amazing to top the last one. possible but doubtful.
Old May 28th, 2006, 08:00 AM

DarkSpade Woo who?
x-men and spider man have been tied together many times. Especially in the new Ultimate universe where Spiderman is currently dating Shadowcat.

"Y'know, I sort of assumed this hero of destiny thing would involve a lot less devastation in our wake."
Links to terrain making guides
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...c.php?p=280715
Old May 28th, 2006, 10:00 AM

Sydcomebak Woo who?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkSpade
I really doubt/hope time travel, aliens, and magic never makes it into an x-men film. Just wouldn't work.
You wouldn't like to see Cable get thrown back in time, hook up with Havoc and look for Scott and Jean? I think that would be awesome!
Old May 28th, 2006, 10:18 AM
Gun Totin' Nutjob

Buddy Lee rolls all skulls baby! Buddy Lee rolls all skulls baby! Buddy Lee rolls all skulls baby! Buddy Lee rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydcomebak
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkSpade
I really doubt/hope time travel, aliens, and magic never makes it into an x-men film. Just wouldn't work.
You wouldn't like to see Cable get thrown back in time, hook up with Havoc and look for Scott and Jean? I think that would be awesome!
Can anyone say "Bishop".

I knew you could.

Buddy Lee

"Out of all the ridiculous religion stories...the silliest one I've ever heard is, 'Yeah, there's this big, giant universe...and we're all just here, just 'cuz. Just 'cuz." - Trey Parker
Old May 28th, 2006, 11:20 PM

Venom has disabled reputation
so what happened after the credits?

Old May 29th, 2006, 01:37 AM

TheRealQ has disabled reputation
Wow. I waited until I watched the movie before I watched the movie and was quite surprised to read what is being said. I am a big X-Men fan and I have two long-boxes to prove it. One possible difference between other fans and I is that my collection is from the 70s and 80s. I'm just sorry that somehow I skipped the Dark Phoenix Saga. I would have been interested to know exactly what happened with that in the comics. I thought they showed a bit of cleverness with some of their subplot and made necessary changes to make the story fit into the time allotted for the movie. But let me hit some points that made an old fan happy.

1) I couldn't have imagined anyone better than Kelsey G to play Beast.

2) The Colossus/Wolverine cannonball. This is classic X-men.

3) Shadowcat's dragging Juggernaut into the ground...classic.

4) Wolverine calling Beast furball. Wolverine had a few nicknames for some of the other characters as well as a few catchphrases and it does me well to see them used.

5) Finally seeing Iceman fully transform.

6) Angel. Nuff said.

7) Magneto ripping San Fran a new one. The freakin Golden Gate Bridge people. The extent of Magneto's powers finally getting its due.

Juggernaut. Classic. Oh, and by the way, Juggernaut is a mutant who was later enhanced by magic. I was wondering how they were going to bring him in though and was glad they did it the way they did rather than give him a new background story. In the comics Juggernaut has a brother...his name is Charles.

9) I like how they had the Professor know the end was coming and make preparations...if you didn't see it watch it again.

10) I like how they demonstrated the Level 5 telekinesis as being able to take someone apart molecule by molecule. That was just way too cool when Wolverine's healing power was battling Phoenix's molecule stripping.

Now for some of the points counter to you nay-sayers.

If Scott didn't disappear wouldn't he have been the one to talk Jean down and would that have been as cool as having Wolverine do it? What about when Wolverine did her in...how would Cyclops have reacted? At least they didn't actually show him die; leaving it a question whether he lives. If he is alive wouldn't he be lost out in the woods somewhere holding his eyes shut? It would take him quite a bit of time to reach a safe spot. Who knows...he could have amnesia.

I think they covered the Jean Grey/Magneto relationship as much as they needed to. Now if it was a mini-series then I would have expected them to have more coverage, but it wasn't and they shouldn't.

Professor X had to die. If he didn't people would be wondering why there wasn't a X-Men IV. With Cyclops, Jean, Prof X, and Storm (she has to stay at the school) out of the way it gives Wolverine leeway to go solo and it is a perfect opening for New Mutants.

Overall I thought the movie was great and can not off the top of my head think of anything to change.

One other thing for you comic book fans. Notice they exposed us to Moira? This is a perfect lead-in for a Muir Island Saga or an introduction into Excaliber.

Old May 29th, 2006, 05:55 AM

Venom has disabled reputation
dido. but who's Moira again?

Old May 29th, 2006, 07:57 AM

Sydcomebak Woo who?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom
dido. but who's Moira again?
The doctor who was looking after the man in the coma.

Did you wait for the scene after the credits?
Old May 29th, 2006, 08:11 AM

Sydcomebak Woo who?
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealQ
7) Magneto ripping San Fran a new one. The freakin Golden Gate Bridge people. The extent of Magneto's powers finally getting its due.
Agreed, althought I think we saw that in X-men2 when he removed the extra iron from the guard's body.

Quote:
Juggernaut. Classic. Oh, and by the way, Juggernaut is a mutant who was later enhanced by magic. I was wondering how they were going to bring him in though and was glad they did it the way they did rather than give him a new background story. In the comics Juggernaut has a brother...his name is Charles.
Really? I didn't remember that! I knew he was a mutant. Oh, and I loved that he was using his old stone helmet from before Magneto helped him make his one that blocks the telekinesis.

Quote:
If Scott didn't disappear wouldn't he have been the one to talk Jean down and would that have been as cool as having Wolverine do it? What about when Wolverine did her in...how would Cyclops have reacted? At least they didn't actually show him die; leaving it a question whether he lives. If he is alive wouldn't he be lost out in the woods somewhere holding his eyes shut? It would take him quite a bit of time to reach a safe spot. Who knows...he could have amnesia.
NO. Scott talking down Jean would have sucked. To be honest, I think Scott is either down and disoriented or he was rescued by a mutant trying to preserve the Sommers' line.

Quote:
Professor X had to die. If he didn't people would be wondering why there wasn't a X-Men IV. With Cyclops, Jean, Prof X, and Storm (she has to stay at the school) out of the way it gives Wolverine leeway to go solo and it is a perfect opening for New Mutants.
Did you see the scene after the credits?

This link might work: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cy8yA...%22%20credits#

Quote:
One other thing for you comic book fans. Notice they exposed us to Moira? This is a perfect lead-in for a Muir Island Saga or an introduction into Excaliber.
I was voting for X-Caliber when I walked out of the theater.
Old May 29th, 2006, 08:21 AM

DarkSpade Woo who?
I still wanna see the hellfire club next. Come on! Emma Frost!

-- Didn't black tom make juggernaught's helmet?

-- The new mutants would be cool, but there's still a lot of normal x-men they can use too

-- Scott would never have taken jean down. Even in the comics, it's always wolverine that does it. To paraphare his line form the latest phoenix mini series, "I'm getting tired of killing you jean."

-- Describeing the original phoenix saga would take a long time. Just go get the original fox cartoon. It sums it up well.

-- I'm guessing scotts dead. Jean even said, "kill me before I kill again."

"Y'know, I sort of assumed this hero of destiny thing would involve a lot less devastation in our wake."
Old May 29th, 2006, 08:36 AM

DarkSpade Woo who?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydcomebak
Did you see the scene after the credits?

This link might work: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cy8yA...%22%20credits#
Would work better with sound.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media