Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Old July 10th, 2008, 06:17 PM
No Soup or Happy Endings For You!

CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Wo Sa Ga Build - What's Missing?

Here's the build:

Wo Sa Ga - 135
Sujoah - 185
Nagrubs X2 - 60
Marro Stingers X2 - 120

16 spaces, 14 figures
500 points

I've got Large covered, I've got Range covered, and I feel like between WSG and the bug, I can take down most heavy heroes.

What do you guys think?

Old July 10th, 2008, 06:23 PM

Hexbringer is surprisingly tart
Re: Wo Sa Ga Build - What's Missing?

Well, your army has two waves, but none of them really deal that well with squads. Maybe try for something that can counter that, or make up for that.

"When my time comes, and I pass away, I only ask for one thing. That in my coffin, I am to be placed upside down, so if you never liked me, you can kiss my ***."

-Red Foremen
Old July 10th, 2008, 06:27 PM

CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

That's a good point... I'm going to get three shots at best from the Stingers, and they're not going to out-distance most ranged squads.

I could replace Sojuah with Krav and Raelin (RotV), but that only leaves Wo Sa Ga as a serious Hero killer, and even with the Nagrubs she's been found to be a little frail.

I'll keep working on it.

Old July 10th, 2008, 09:44 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Replacing Sujoah with either Zelrig or Nilfheim should provide the flexibility you're desiring. Neither is quite as good vs. heroes, but that's why you have Wo-Sa-Ga, right?

~Aldin, spraying insecticide

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old July 10th, 2008, 09:58 PM

Location: Kansas City metro area (Grain Valley, Blue Springs)
paradox22 knows what's in an order marker paradox22 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldin View Post
Replacing Sujoah with either Zelrig or Nilfheim should provide the flexibility you're desiring. Neither is quite as good vs. heroes, but that's why you have Wo-Sa-Ga, right?

~Aldin, spraying insecticide
Actually, Nilf can be quite good vs heroes. Dont forget he has a bite attack of 6 and flight of 6 to get him where he needs to be. Not as good as Sujoah...but not bad either.

Get your Kansas City Metro Scaping fix here: http://kcheroscapers.getphpbb.com/forum.html
Old July 11th, 2008, 10:10 AM

Great suggestions guys, thanks! I'll try the build with Nilfheim and let you know how it goes.

Old July 11th, 2008, 11:48 AM
regurgitation cynic

Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I call Nilfheim the swiss army knife of Heroscape for good reason. His ice breath will get you through quite a few squads if you play keep away and his normal attack is great for heroes (though don't underestimate hitting them with Ice while taking out a bit of support while you're at it). I tend to refer to that 6 normal attack as the can opener, considering how often I use it to tear through Q9.
Old July 11th, 2008, 03:57 PM

Location: Kansas City metro area (Grain Valley, Blue Springs)
paradox22 knows what's in an order marker paradox22 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
I tend to refer to that 6 normal attack as the can opener, considering how often I use it to tear through Q9

Recently, thats what I've been using the "can opener" for as well . Nilf is a great utility hero with multiple specialties.

Get your Kansas City Metro Scaping fix here: http://kcheroscapers.getphpbb.com/forum.html
Old July 11th, 2008, 04:03 PM

acdveins Woo who?

HAHA the can opener. I love it.

Let me know how this army plays out. I'm a huge marro fan, but in my first game with Wo-Sa-Ga, a warrior of Ashra with height killed her in one swipe. 4 skulls and blanks on my defence.

...I say kill her off.
Yeah, but you say plenty of things, and how's that work? You're a bicycle!
Old July 11th, 2008, 04:22 PM

MattWolf99 is surprisingly tart

Try this;
Wo-Sa-Ga
Tor-ku-Nal
5x Nagrubs
Isamu
515 points

Tor can destroy squads, Wo can destroy heros, the Nagrubs keep them alive so they don't have a big problem with range. Use the Nagrubs to their fullest extent.

If I'm not on Heroscapers.com, It's because I'm playing Heroscape. Well more likely in School
Old July 11th, 2008, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattWolf99 View Post
Try this;
Wo-Sa-Ga
Tor-ku-Nal
5x Nagrubs
Isamu
515 points

Tor can destroy squads, Wo can destroy heros, the Nagrubs keep them alive so they don't have a big problem with range. Use the Nagrubs to their fullest extent.
Thanks for the suggestion, but I'd have to proxy it since I've only got one SotM set, and it's beyond my point limit of 500 (which I didn't specify earlier, sorry).

And even though it's got some lasting power, the removal of the Stingers means I'd have no range. I'm also hesitant to have two Hivelords competing for the bonding bonus.

Old July 11th, 2008, 06:32 PM
Snot Yo Mama

Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Get more Nagrubs. Having 3 squads is a must-have with those hivelords... You need enough replacements to cover both losses from enemy fire, as well as those occassional Nagrub Snacks. Trade or grab another SotM set.

And yeah, you might have trouble with squad-heavy armies...

"The Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." ~ Thomas Jefferson

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion