Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion

Old September 7th, 2022, 06:15 PM

Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Heroscape 2nd Edition is here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post

Looking good!
Old September 7th, 2022, 06:18 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

He should have firsthand knowledge of historical units from the 1800s then. Nice!
Old September 7th, 2022, 06:20 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Arathorn View Post
I, for one, expect and look forward to the paint guides that will come with the release of unpainted ‘Scape (both from the community, and any that may come from official sources). Speed paints in particular are something I’d love to try, and simple guides for those of us with poor eyes, shaky hands, and little (successful) experience would be a boon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
I am in the same boat SoA. I did buy some readers, so I can now see text on my phone.
Not sure if there is much help for the shaky hands.
My hands are a bit shaky too, FWIW. I didn't notice it until I started trying to paint. Hopefully practice will strengthen the muscles that help with control. I don't know if I'll ever be able to do things like the little blue swirls on the backs of the Varkaanan Blade Dancers, for instance (I'm really struggling with the jewelry on the AotP Rhinos right now). But you don't need to do any of that to get Heroscape-quality paint jobs IMO.

EDIT: I highly recommend buying a white spray can of rust-oleum primer (not paint+primer, just primer), a pack of beginner brushes, a pack of speed-paints, and going to town on some Arena of the Planeswalkers minis. Most of you already have them and it should be a pretty easy way to figure out how hard it is.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old September 7th, 2022, 06:31 PM
assistant leader

skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun

Looks great guys! It is a fun hobby And you will only get better.
Old September 7th, 2022, 06:44 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Is the Rust-Oleum primer for plastic?
Is that enamel?
Old September 7th, 2022, 06:52 PM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

Quote:
These are my first-ever-in-my-entire-life speed paints of a couple of squads from Arena of the Planeswalkers. I'm pretty pleased with how they turned out
Nice! They look great. That gives me hope for the future of me painting the new HS figs.

132-98-0 (4/13/09-4/15/24)
38-17-0 (10/17/09-3/9/24)
Old September 7th, 2022, 07:17 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

You seem to have unpainted AOTP figures, but mine came painted--at least the Heroes did. Also, in a video from a Brit, all of his normal Scape cards have quite different graphic styles. I've never heard anyone mention these variances before.
Old September 7th, 2022, 07:38 PM

BloodyBaroness rolls all skulls baby! BloodyBaroness rolls all skulls baby! BloodyBaroness rolls all skulls baby! BloodyBaroness rolls all skulls baby!

Queen Maladrix The Conquerer is my favorite reveal so far. I've got a soft spot for giant weird bug monsters.

10,000 bees in a trench coat.
Old September 7th, 2022, 07:41 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by R˙chean View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Encarmine
Of course I read all these comments about what is “on” or “off” brand for Heroscape, and I think to myself “When was the last time you pulled your collection out of that Rubbermaid in your attic?” Last time I checked EVERYTHING IS HEROSCAPE AND HEROSCAPE IS EVERYTHING.
I'm excited for new Heroscape. I want to be positive, I really do!!! I want this to work.

However, I find this response to be tone deaf, dismissive, and a little disingenuous.

I realize he is sort of making a joke, but it isn't very funny.

Heroscape very much has a brand and, NO, it isn't EVERYTHING.
Agreed. "Everything is Heroscape and Heroscape is everything" is somewhat true in regards to its genre-mixing premise, but Heroscape definitely did have a particular all ages, 8 years and up aesthetic that would rule out certain things being included in the game. Not saying anything we've seen so far really crosses that line, but some of it certainly does seem to be aiming more towards a PG-13 vibe than a PG one.
Old September 7th, 2022, 07:53 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

I thought about it more and it might have been more than 1 hour? I do think it was less than 2. And I know that I did more detail than was necessary for them to look decent.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Is the Rust-Oleum primer for plastic?
Is that enamel?
Yeah I bought the kind that works for plastic, metal, etc.
Same thing for the enamel. Though I did buy some army painter enamel before a friend told me to just use rusteze. It was over 3x the price. A can of rusteze is just under $7 at Home Depot. The army painter cans are $20 right now--more if you pay retail.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killometer View Post
Quote:
These are my first-ever-in-my-entire-life speed paints of a couple of squads from Arena of the Planeswalkers. I'm pretty pleased with how they turned out
Nice! They look great. That gives me hope for the future of me painting the new HS figs.
People like you and me won't win any contests but we can make our figures look halfway decent without overdoing it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chas View Post
You seem to have unpainted AOTP figures, but mine came painted--at least the Heroes did. Also, in a video from a Brit, all of his normal Scape cards have quite different graphic styles. I've never heard anyone mention these variances before.
Yeah, these are the AotP squad figures.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old September 7th, 2022, 09:07 PM
Watch out - he's a meme drunk!

Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Avalon Hill posted the following caption on Instagram today with a picture of the Melter Deathforge concept art.

I thought the word choice about "the Age of Annihilation set" was interesting:

Quote:
Our preview recap continues with a look at the second week of Heroscape teasers, and the reveal of a second faction included in the Age of Annihilation set!
Emphasis is mine. It could just be sloppy word choice, or it could be a hint about the packaging/marketing of AoA, treating it as a "set" rather than a new era. Has this been confirmed or denied before?
Old September 7th, 2022, 09:10 PM

Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Migraine View Post
Avalon Hill posted the following caption on Instagram today with a picture of the Melter Deathforge concept art.

I thought the word choice about "the Age of Annihilation set" was interesting:

Quote:
Our preview recap continues with a look at the second week of Heroscape teasers, and the reveal of a second faction included in the Age of Annihilation set!
Emphasis is mine. It could just be sloppy word choice, or it could be a hint about the packaging/marketing of AoA, treating it as a "set" rather than a new era. Has this been confirmed or denied before?
Encarmine (Chris Nadeau) has consistently regarded it as an era/epoch/what have you, but I've got a quote from Patrick (marketing guy) that supports your observation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Intergalactic Patrick
I can say this...we have plans for regular seasons after everyone who backs the Haslab receives AoA.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion