Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Misc Customs Project Forum
Misc Customs Project Forum A subforum for all project based customs that generate numerous threads related to the same project.

Old July 1st, 2010, 11:40 AM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth
TrekScape - Engage?

TrekScape
Star Trek Customs Discussion

If the initial news is reliable, we may soon be able to say this again:

Today is a good day to design!

From ICV2:
Quote:
'Star Trek HeroClix: Away Team 7-Figure Pack'

From WizKids in July

Published: 01/25/2012, Last Updated: 01/26/2012 03:11am

ICv2 has learned that WizKids is planning a second Star Trek HeroClix release for 2012 in July. The Star Trek HeroClix: Away Team 7-Figure Pack features seven figures with new HeroClix dials that will allow gamers to play as Kirk, Spock, McCoy, or others in a game that takes its inspiration from J.J. Abrams’ popular Star Trek movie reboot.

The Star Trek HeroClix: Away Team 7-Figure Pack is 100% compatible with the core HeroClix rulebook and the standard “Powers and Abilities” card.

In February WizKids is releasing Star Trek HeroClix: Tactics, a starship combat game that features more than pre-painted 20 starship models will be available in both Starter Set and Booster Boxes (see “Star Trek HeroClix: Tactics”).
Stay tuned, Trekkers, Trekkies, Trek-heads! We may be back on track for some custom designing!
--------------
Quote:
HeroClix - Star Trek: Away Team 7-Figure Pack

Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by mac122; September 24th, 2012 at 02:25 AM. Reason: Posted encouraging news
Old July 1st, 2010, 11:41 AM

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth
Re: TrekScape - Star Trek Customs Discussion

With 6 out of 8 casting ballots (1 abstained, 1 voted "None of the Above") the winners are:
Harry Mudd - 5 votes
Talosians - 4 votes

Nurse Chapel received 2 votes and Janice Rand received 1.

Harry and the Bigheaded Talosians will be added to this list to give us a nice, even 24 characters (4 per designer).

Be sure to check in on the rules discussion in Prime Directives, the maps and scenarios brainstorming in Away Missions, the card design discussion, and Dr. McCoy's brainstorming phase.

Trek Words to teach your spell checker. This list is compiled from Memory Alpha - The Star Trek Wiki (if the spellings are incorrect, take it up with them )
Spoiler Alert!

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031

Last edited by mac122; July 21st, 2010 at 01:57 PM. Reason: Highlighted next discussion topic
Old July 1st, 2010, 12:11 PM

Felindar knows what's in an order marker Felindar knows what's in an order marker Felindar knows what's in an order marker
Re: TrekScape - Star Trek Customs Discussion - Rules and Goa

I would like to hash out things like how common weapons will work. also what are the max stats for humans klingons vulconoids and so forth. That way we wont see an individual argument each time someone thinks some one should be tougher than some body else favorite captain.

We could have a "Show bible" that has the basic rules for races and weapons. You want to arm someone with a batleth or a Next gen phaser one you pull these special abilities. We could even have Symbols for some of the more common powers.

Can someone be Beamed up during a battle beamed in? Mabe a version of this.

cut down and fit on the card.
</IMG>

God makes us strong for a little while so we can defend the weak.
DnD Customs
Comics Customs
Custom Terain
TREKSCAPE
Old July 1st, 2010, 12:23 PM

Added 2A to the list. Getting the baseline for stats of humans, Klingons, etc would be helpful.

I'm not necessarily opposed to symbols, but it would have to be an ability like Superstrength in Marvel or Force Leap in Star Wars that is used very often.

Beam in as an ability could be a version of the AE's drop. Though I'm leaning toward having a transport ability on an engineer or having a transporter DO that would let you beam figures all over the map.

How about the Rules and Goals? Anything need a tweak? There's a suggestion to increase the voting window to 48 hours. Any thoughts?

Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Old July 1st, 2010, 12:37 PM

Felindar knows what's in an order marker Felindar knows what's in an order marker Felindar knows what's in an order marker

As a trucker who goes out for 2 days at a time, I really like the 48 hour window.

DnD Customs
Comics Customs
Custom Terain
TREKSCAPE
Old July 1st, 2010, 04:04 PM

wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby!

Just with the number of threads I frequent (haunt, maybe), my younguns and school, 48 would be better, IMHO.
Old July 1st, 2010, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felindar
As a trucker who goes out for 2 days at a time, I really like the 48 hour window.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wulfhunter667
Just with the number of threads I frequent (haunt, maybe), my younguns and school, 48 would be better, IMHO.
Two compelling arguments.

Fixed.

Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Old July 1st, 2010, 04:38 PM

Boodog knows what's in an order marker Boodog knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac122 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felindar
Quote:
Originally Posted by wulfhunter667
Two compelling arguments.

Fixed.
Thanks for jumpstarting this, mac!

48 hours sounds good to me.

Quote:
Added 2A to the list. Getting the baseline for stats of humans, Klingons, etc would be helpful.
It seems like Humans are 4-6ish life, Klingons and Cardies and vulcans would range higher I suppose (5-8?)

Quote:
or having a transporter DO that would let you beam figures all over the map.
I like this idea

Quote:
I would like to hash out things like how common weapons will work... We could have a "Show bible" that has the basic rules for races and weapons. You want to arm someone with a batleth or a Next gen phaser one you pull these special abilities.
This one is tricky. On one hand, you could have Equipment glyphs or cards, ie: phaser, assault rifle, Bat'leth, but then each of those cards would have to have a modifier on it, so the stats might look a little low on the cards, but it is doable.

On the other hand, there is the more traditional "Heroscapey" way of doing things, which would simply be to add modifiers for those who excel in some form of combat over another. See the Klingon and Major Kira cards, for example.

Quote:
We could even have Symbols for some of the more common powers.
I love this idea, especially for the common racial traits of Klingons and Cardassians, for example. i.e.: My Cardassians all had "Mental Discipline" and "Love Heat" traits that could easily just be designated by a symbol, leaving more space for the wording for abilties.

Nice start, guys!
Old July 1st, 2010, 05:12 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

Thanks for doing this I was waiting for this thread to be made. I would like to be a Lieutenant Commander. I think one more thig that is definitely necessary of Lieutenant Commanders and Commanders is to playtest characters before voting, kinda like BoV and C3G must do. If some people can't playtestm then they should not be able to vote in teh playdest phase, only design phase. Because of this, the voting period needs to be larger. I would rather have to wait longer for customs and have them be designed and playtested well than have them come out quicker.
Old July 1st, 2010, 05:22 PM

Old Rough and Ready is surprisingly tart

Glad this is up

I got an odd idea for equipment (Tri-coder, Communicator, etc) maybe something like glyphs, passed from character to character.

Symbols idea sounds good to me.

Uneasy about voting time, but it will do.

For lesser factions, I like the Group-Fringe Idea.

My Customs (Check Em' Out!)
Star Trek Scape (personal figures) (Going Where No Heroscaper Has Gone Before...)
Chief Engineer (Self-proclaimed) at TrekScape
Old July 1st, 2010, 05:31 PM

I think Fringe {better word anyone} should be reserved for those people of any race {species} who are in it for themselves.

Harry Mudd would be fringe.
But so would the Starfleet captain from the Yang and Com episode.

I don't have a problem with having a separate symbol for any number of races, even the less common. But if someone would be from a race that is so small it is not worth there own symbol just don't use one.

Pete

DnD Customs
Comics Customs
Custom Terain
TREKSCAPE
Old July 1st, 2010, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
Thanks for doing this I was waiting for this thread to be made. I would like to be a Lieutenant Commander. I think one more thig that is definitely necessary of Lieutenant Commanders and Commanders is to playtest characters before voting, kinda like BoV and C3G must do. If some people can't playtestm then they should not be able to vote in teh playdest phase, only design phase. Because of this, the voting period needs to be larger. I would rather have to wait longer for customs and have them be designed and playtested well than have them come out quicker.
Welcome aboard, Lt. Commander lefton4ya! I'll add you to the first post in just a bit.

I don't know if you're familiar with the Star Wars Customs Thread (HoSS). This thread is patterned after that one. It's much less formal than C3G and BoV. However, I do need to add notes about playtesting in the first post.

Let me ask this of the others: Do you want a playtesting requirement? Personally, I hope to playtest every figure we create, but I also know that not everyone who has the interest and desire to create these cards has the requisite time to do playtests. What do you all say?

Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Misc Customs Project Forum