Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old February 11th, 2013, 09:20 PM
Captain Underpants

Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The HelmAverse Custom Expansions - new Nexus Troopers ca

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1moreheroscaper View Post
Two more awesome additions. Thank you A3n!

Even though we now have a beautiful card for Tlaloc, Matt Helm, would you consider boosting his life to 9 and his points by 10 points, since his miniature is so my larger than Quahon's?
Such changes would make him just different enough from Quahon. Tlaloc gets the Green Scale Warriors bonding, but not the predator bonding potential. Tlaloc does have a very similar Special Attack, but 1 higher bases attack. So I would think that boosting his life slightly and his points may make him attractive for some army builds. I even thought about suggesting 10 life at 205 points--considering his size can still be a hindering factor on maps with a lot of obstacles.

Even at 210 with 9 or 10 life, I think a Mok vs. Tlaloc would be a good toe to toe match.
Yes A3n manages to out do himself often. These cards look awesome and I totally appreciate the time it takes for him to work on a squad card.

As for your points on Tlaloc, I can totally see where you are coming from. I mean, statistically he an Quahon are almost identical. Remember, Tlaloc's design was released before I saw the C3V release. I like your thinking now that he was moved out of Aquilla and is an independent figure that should be payable as an alternative with a few more differences.

So, whenever you have time A3n ol'buddy, and certainly no rush, maybw you can give Tlaloc a Life of 9 and a point cost of 210.

Thanks again buddy, and thanks 1mo'scaper for the excellent suggestion.

As for your Nexus Troopers question, I have 2 squads of them.

Edit: by the way, before we ever see the Kinsmen on a card I will have to email the photos to A3n. I'm not sure if I ever emailed them before but if I did it would have been a long time ago. So I'll email him the pics eventually but for now he probably needs a break from here for a bit. In the meantime, I'll try and work on the write ups for the last few units and squads.

Last edited by Matt Helm; February 11th, 2013 at 09:44 PM.
Old February 11th, 2013, 10:11 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Yeah I have no idea if I'd still have the email or not, so please resend. Send whenever & I will just fit them in when I have a moment.
Old November 14th, 2014, 07:06 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Hello, @Matt Helm !

I'm certainly intrigued by your customs here, and like the look of a lot of them. I'm considering attempting to pick up a Havok Skirmish Set to get the Master Set of figures (I already have one BattleBall set, so that should help out a bit ). Before I do, though, to get an idea of whether it's worth it, I'd be interested to know how many of each of the Common/Uncommon units they have. If there's only one of each of the Synthebots, then I'd probably still go for it, but I think there'd need to be at least two copies of the squads for it to really be worth it.

Thanks!

Edit: How in hell do I get this damn tagging thing working? Right now I'm notifying some guy I've never heard of called Matt whose last activity was in 2007, and it's damn irritating! If anyone could fix that for me, or tell me how to do it properly, it would be greatly appreciated.

Edit: Copy pasting his username seemed to work, but I still don't know what I did wrong - I did spell it correctly. I presume it just gave Matt precedent because his name is shorter.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old November 17th, 2014, 05:57 PM
Captain Underpants

Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun

Hey @Lazy Orang , It's great to see someone taking a look around these parts for customs. With C3V and C3G dominating the game tables (and rightfully so), I never expect traffic around here anymore.

Then again, this thread has over 16,000 views which is a heck of a lot more than it had the last time I blew the dust off of it.

Now for your question. Unfortunately the Havok Master Set only has one of each squad and one of each synthbot. I know the figures aren't easy to come by but if any seemed to be available while I was creating these cards, it was the ones in the Master Set because they were also sold as individual expansions. So were the synthebots but I don't recall too many of those showing up on ebay.

I'm glad to see that you have Battleball already. Most of the HemAverse ballers were created as uniques and I think they play pretty good together if I say so myself. I know @davidlhsl has run them a few times and you can read his play tests that I have linked in the early posts of this thread. I'd love to hear your thoughts if you get a chance to give them a ride yourself.

And you know what, they are hopefully comparable with classic scape and definitely 100% compatible with HelmAverse superheroes. I try to run some ballers or Havok space squads against my kids once in a while. Whenever I do though, they get fearful of the squads and ultimately team up to take down the old SciFi loving fossil of a Dad.

So if you are worried about the cost of Havok figures, please give the Battleballers a try first and then determine if dabbling in the HelmAverse is for you.

Thanks again.

PS, hopefully I convince A3n to work on a card for the Kinsmen because I have a design for another squad waiting on the drawing table.

Last edited by Matt Helm; November 17th, 2014 at 06:13 PM.
Old November 17th, 2014, 06:24 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Hi!

Yeah, I'd worked out what was in the set between making my inquiry and your reply - sorry to bother you! I'm far more concerned about availability than price, as I don't be able to find that much right now, but with a bit of luck and ingenuity hopefully I can get a couple of that set.

I'll probably be giving the ballers a go at some point as well - slightly irritating as the squads are common and I only have one set, but what can you do? I'll probably get more down the line anyway.

As I said before, I think your stuff looks really good (even if we do have wildly differing design philosophies). Though I mainly play with C3G these days, I'm looking at getting into classic a bit more and also want to try to do a bit more mixing. One thing I like to do is look at the custom units floating around that aren't semi-officially approved and still give them a go if they look fun and balanced, as well as making customs of my own (one of the things that sold me on these guys was all the Soldiers who will hopefully work nicely with a guy I designed for Superscape). I thought these guys looked like a lot of fun, and I'm hoping to be able to give them a go - I like throwing lots of different stuff into Heroscape. The more I add the more it feels like the Battle for All Time!

Thank you for your reply!

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old November 17th, 2014, 10:11 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Can we look forward to a resurrection of your supers thread too?
Old November 18th, 2014, 11:33 PM
Captain Underpants

You sure can, the resurrection is on!
Old November 19th, 2014, 04:30 PM

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Helm View Post
PS, hopefully I convince A3n to work on a card for the Kinsmen because I have a design for another squad waiting on the drawing table.
I do believe I was waiting on this...
Quote:

----------------------------------------------
I'll be taking my own photos of each figure when I get a chance.
Old November 19th, 2014, 06:24 PM
Captain Underpants

Doh! That's an excellent point. I do have those photos on one of my computers, let's just hope its on the replacement mac and not the old shut down PC.

Let's see which I can find first, the photos or your current email address...
Old November 19th, 2014, 06:54 PM
...Something unique

Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death!

Quote:
You sure can, the resurrection is on!

I've always admired your customs, Matt. I look forward to the revival
Old December 19th, 2014, 07:58 AM

Here you go...

Last edited by A3n; January 3rd, 2024 at 08:09 AM.
Old December 20th, 2014, 04:41 PM
Captain Underpants

Thank you, thank you, thank you! The Kinsmen are now ready to join my battles. Having them in an army with some of the other Nexus Army Soldiers allows me to sort of play with more squads as they are the ultimate in game official proxy.

I really cannot thank you enough for taking the time to bring form to our little world in this small corner of Heroscapers.

One little OCD question I do have concerns the spacing between "Kinsmen" and "Nexus Rebellion". I think some of the other Nexus squads have a slightly bigger gap... or maybe it is just an optical illusion. I'll trust you in the end because either way, that's a fine looking addition that I am thrilled with.

Maybe @1moreheroscaper or @davidlhsl is still fiddling around with these guys once in awhile so I thought I'd tag them and let them know that A3n has come through with another beauty.

On a side note partner, can I impose and ask you to update Tlaloc with a Life of 9 and a point cost of 210? 1moreheroscaper had made the suggestion based on his experience and request to have him differ from Quahon. Thanks again.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards