Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Notices

Old May 4th, 2009, 09:10 PM

jpetrunak is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Image Comics: Badrock and Chapel (my first customs )

Hey guys, these are my first customs so PLEASE help with their point values. I think I have them balanced pretty well, but before I finalize them I would like your feedback. If your satisfied or want to see changes, I'll tweak them, and then feel free to add them to the big list of all the other customs.

Also let me know what you think of their respective custom miniatures I made.

Chapel is a Heroclix Blade repaint , with a Hyrdo agents gun, and the coat shortend up.

Badrock is the head of a Mage Knight orc, glued onto the body of a different Mage Knight orc body, with some sculpting done to the head. Sorry for the poor image quality, I don't have the best lighting set up. Thanks.

Last edited by jpetrunak; May 8th, 2009 at 03:42 PM. Reason: Badrock edited w/ changes
Old May 8th, 2009, 10:52 AM

Re: Image Comics: Badrock and Chapel (my first customs )

Wow really guys ? Not one of you has anything to say about my customs ? No critiques, no suggestions ... ?

I was going to make the entire Youngblood team, Wildcats, Freak Force, Spawn series and everything else from the 90's Image era to post here on heroscapers !!!

Last edited by jpetrunak; May 8th, 2009 at 03:25 PM. Reason: Finally got some input so I don't need to cry about it :)
Old May 8th, 2009, 12:18 PM
Captain Underpants

Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun

Come on jpetrunak... don't give up on us. There are a lot of things going on in the world of customs so be patient.
Many of us may not know enough about some of the Indy characters, but eventually we'll get around in scrutinizing your cards for grammatical accuracy and playability.

One thing I can say is that the custom sculpts look awesome. If I can ask, did you put them on new bases or did you just remove the bottom half of the clix base? And if you did that, do they now ride up castle ladders?
Old May 8th, 2009, 12:22 PM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Can't see the pics at work, but do they have feet?

Sorry, Rob Liefield dig.

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!
Old May 8th, 2009, 03:06 PM
Name's Ash... Housewares

Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun

I don't know the characters, so I can't really comment on anything but the abilities.

Badrock:

Yabba Dabba Doom:
It would be easier to state, "When Badrock attacks, he may attack all adjacent figures"

Rock Solid:
It would be easier to state, "Badrock may not recieve more than two wounds from any one attack"

Hammer Fist Special Attack:
Remove "Attack" after "Range Special"

I will give imput on the other character, later.
Old May 8th, 2009, 03:14 PM

Thanks for the encouragement Matt Helm

I just really want to get these cards printed out ( profesionally ) for myself, but I don't want to do it until I feel they are balanced up to the standards or the heroscape community.

The bases are from the heroclix. I took the bases apart and used goo gone and an exacto knife to remove the stickers, and then reglued the miniatures to the bases.

Not sure if they'll ride up castle ladders, as I don't have that set yet.

And btw Badrock is the head of a "Bone Grinder" mage knight orc on the body of a "Crusher" mage knight figure with his mace removed.

And yes (lol) they have feet, and they are the right porpotions.

One advantage of doing "Extreme Studio's" characters is that Rob just took old X universe characters and renamed them with different colored costumes when he started making Youngblood, Brigade, Bloodstrike and Newmen, so it won't be hard to repaint heroclix to do the mini's.

As I make them i'll post the card + miniature

Next I plan on making : Shaft, Vogue, Sentinal, Diehard and Troll, then i'll go from there.

P.S. So do you think the values are right for the cards ? Are they overpowered, underpowered ? Let me know ........

Last edited by jpetrunak; May 8th, 2009 at 03:23 PM.
Old May 8th, 2009, 03:16 PM

Thanx Balantai will make the adjustments. As far as their Attack / Defense / Movement / Range / Life as compared to their overall cost .... are they balanced in your opinion ?

I've noticed that it seems like compared to the standard marvel heroscape cards, alot of customs on this board seem to be way too powerful for their point cost, but it could just be me. I've tried to follow the custom point system someone posted, but once I get to their special attack ect. I get lost.
Old May 8th, 2009, 03:54 PM
Name's Ash... Housewares

Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun

Well let's compare him to this character (they are very similar):

Last edited by Balantai; May 8th, 2009 at 04:07 PM.
Old May 8th, 2009, 04:07 PM
Name's Ash... Housewares

We'll start with Hulk's 370 points.
-They both have almost the exact same stats so that's a wash.
-Yabba Dabba Doom and Stomp are very similar abilities. Advantage Badrock, though, because he has twice as much attack. We'll push up Badrock to 400 points.
-Super Leap gives Hulk a nice ability that allows him to move around the board quickly and effectively. Badrock lacks this completely. Let's drop his cost by 50. This puts us at 350.
-Hammer Fist Special Attack is a nice squad killer ability that helps with his lack of movement. Let's increase the cost by 30 which puts us up to 380.
-Rage Smash is Hulk's bread and butter ability. It far surpasses Badrock's ability to do damage. I think it would be okay to drop the point by 100 because of this ability. 280, now.
-Rock Solid is Badrock's version of Rage Smash, only opposite. With Badrock's 8 life this is a very strong ability. A character like Hulk will have a hard time taking him down. I still don't think it's as strong as Rage Smash, though. Let's increase by 60.

This will put us at a total of 340 (good job). Keep in mind this is very hit and miss. The only way to truely figure out his cost is to play test. Put him up against Hulk a few times. Then put him up against some squads. Even put him up against a couple heroes. There's no science to costing.

Last edited by Balantai; May 8th, 2009 at 04:22 PM.
Old May 8th, 2009, 09:05 PM

Thanx Balantai, thats basically what I did when I made Badrock was put him up against the Hulk, so I just wanted to make sure I was atleast close with the stats.

Chapel is a little bit harder to guage because "Betrayal" is something unique I came up with so I didn't know how to add up points, but I still think im close.

And thanks again.
Old May 12th, 2009, 01:38 AM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

Just FYI, Youngblood was created so that Liefield could do his planned and proposed ideas for Teen Titans. So, they are not from the X-universe.

If you don't believe me, ask them at your local comic book store.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez
Old May 12th, 2009, 01:47 AM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

Great looking custom figures! I think Badrock could be maybe 10-20 points higher, but he is pretty good.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations