Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Old November 11th, 2010, 06:33 PM
Has Bigger Cockles

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: New Sculpts, A rough plan

UtahScott, I doubt Truth and the other owners of this site have an interest in becoming financially invested in such a project. They've given us a forum to discuss it and make our own decisions, though, which is what the Site Supporter checks help keep alive.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old November 11th, 2010, 06:37 PM

Demerean knows what's in an order marker Demerean knows what's in an order marker Demerean knows what's in an order marker

As far as time is concerned, Things such as smoothcast, which is what I have used in the past, sets very quickly. The only main issue I could see would be the painting of the figures, since that will be far more time consuming then the entire sculpting and molding of them.

I like Facts.
Old November 11th, 2010, 06:39 PM
Has Bigger Cockles

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I think we might have to accept unpainted minis (though the prototype to be photoed for the cards would be painted) for this to work. People would have to be willing to devote the time to painting them on their own, or go with them as unpainted. And this is speaking as a guy who's never done any mini painting.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old November 11th, 2010, 06:41 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is hot lava death! tcglkn is hot lava death! tcglkn is hot lava death! tcglkn is hot lava death! tcglkn is hot lava death! tcglkn is hot lava death! tcglkn is hot lava death! tcglkn is hot lava death! tcglkn is hot lava death! tcglkn is hot lava death! tcglkn is hot lava death! tcglkn is hot lava death! tcglkn is hot lava death! tcglkn is hot lava death!

I would be glad to paint my own minis or pay some other scaper to do it if you would just produce the minis Demerean. As long as I liked the minis of course.

Welcome to C3G | C3G Playtesting Sign Up | C3G Books of Index | C3G Sortable Index

Praise about C3G: "This is great. The cards have everything you need to know about the figure on them."
Old November 11th, 2010, 06:43 PM

Demerean knows what's in an order marker Demerean knows what's in an order marker Demerean knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
I think we might have to accept unpainted minis (though the prototype to be photoed for the cards would be painted) for this to work. People would have to be willing to devote the time to painting them on their own, or go with them as unpainted. And this is speaking as a guy who's never done any mini painting.
If that is the best way to go about it, I have in the past, created painting tutorials for Warhammer and 40k, so I could easily make one for each figure. Before I can do any work at all, I will have to go and purchase some new supplies I think. Probably will be heading out for that this Saturday so I can get started on some prototypes.

I like Facts.
Old November 11th, 2010, 06:45 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is hot lava death! tcglkn is hot lava death! tcglkn is hot lava death! tcglkn is hot lava death! tcglkn is hot lava death! tcglkn is hot lava death! tcglkn is hot lava death! tcglkn is hot lava death! tcglkn is hot lava death! tcglkn is hot lava death! tcglkn is hot lava death! tcglkn is hot lava death! tcglkn is hot lava death! tcglkn is hot lava death!

How much would the cost be per mini?

Welcome to C3G | C3G Playtesting Sign Up | C3G Books of Index | C3G Sortable Index

Praise about C3G: "This is great. The cards have everything you need to know about the figure on them."
Old November 11th, 2010, 06:46 PM

Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby!

If you're willing, I'm all for it, but I agree with the thing about painting issues. My advice is that they all be distributed unpainted, and it is the job of the buyer to get them painted. (I know I'm getting someone else to do it...)
Old November 11th, 2010, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcglkn View Post
How much would the cost be per mini?
Hopefully I can get some estimates on this soon. For the time being I am going to just work on getting a prototype set of figures made, create some molds for them, and be sure that it is feasible. I'll have to see if I can dig up some photos, but I created several squads of figures for the Tomb King, Undead warhammer faction, complete with molds a few years back.

The price would really be determined by what they were cast in. I used Smoothcast for example before, and one pack of that can go a long way for something as small as minis.

I like Facts.
Old November 11th, 2010, 07:07 PM
Caretaker of the Custom Realm

GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demerean View Post
As far as time is concerned, Things such as smoothcast, which is what I have used in the past, sets very quickly. The only main issue I could see would be the painting of the figures, since that will be far more time consuming then the entire sculpting and molding of them.
But you plan on doing them individually? Think of how many different sculpts are in a wave - maybe 30? If, say, half are commons, then on average each person could buy 60 figures. With the 500 people (total guess) given before, that would be 3000 figures to cast and paint...

Smoothcast can take anywhere from 15-30 minutes per figure, depending on the specific product used. With the most conservative estimate, that's 750 hours of work, which is just over 4 1/2 months of 8 hour workdays.
Old November 11th, 2010, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyOwl View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demerean View Post
But you plan on doing them individually? Think of how many different sculpts are in a wave - maybe 30? If, say, half are commons, then on average each person could buy 60 figures. With the 500 people (total guess) given before, that would be 3000 figures to cast and paint...

Smoothcast can take anywhere from 15-30 minutes per figure, depending on the specific product used. With the most conservative estimate, that's 750 hours of work, which is just over 4 1/2 months of 8 hour workdays.
Oh god no. I could easily have a mold set up for multiple copies of each figure. I would never cast 1 copy of 1 figure at a time, that would, as you pointed out, take forever.

I like Facts.
Old November 11th, 2010, 07:23 PM

Tolamos knows what's in an order marker Tolamos knows what's in an order marker

I offer my skills as a sculptor if you would accept. As soon as I get some green stuff, I'll be able to create some sweet minis.

My Customs! Trades

"Say hello to my little friend!"
Old November 11th, 2010, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tolamos View Post
I offer my skills as a sculptor if you would accept. As soon as I get some green stuff, I'll be able to create some sweet minis.
Anyone who wants to put there skills in is very welcome. I am simply hoping to be able to offer some figures to help continue the game I love.

I don't expect to ever be able, by myself at least, to provide complete waves every 3 months or anything like that, but I believe that I will be more than able to fill in alot of the holes that cannot be filled by use of other minis. Such as other kyrie, flagbearers, and more soulborgs.

On that note, I believe Soulborg will be the easiest to sculpt, since they are mostly smooth.

I like Facts.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs