Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles
Custom Terrain & Obstacles For Custom terrain, buildings, and other misc. obstacles

Notices

Old August 10th, 2010, 03:08 PM

sunderland723 has disabled reputation
Price for custom terrain? (Flocked Terrain)

I wanted to get an idea how much you may pay for 3 complete master sets completely flocked? They look really good I spent days working on these projects. I even have the volcanic tiles custom and the snow tiles (2 sets), along with all the swamp tiles as well. I do not have pictures to post at the moment but I assure you I will shortly. I will most likely create a new thread with the pictures sometime this weekend. I just wanted an idea how much you would pay for the 3 master sets flocked if they looked very very good? If I get good responses I will probably put them up on eBay.
Old August 10th, 2010, 03:28 PM

aquamaniac27 rolls all skulls baby! aquamaniac27 rolls all skulls baby! aquamaniac27 rolls all skulls baby! aquamaniac27 rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Price for custom terrain? (Flocked Terrain)

I personally dont like to use flocked terrain. I flocked my snow, but since I dont have TT, its always used for aesthetics.

And for most, it is easier to do it yourself, and cost less, time being the only issue. I dont know if anyone will buy it, but good luck selling.

Aquamaniac27
Old August 10th, 2010, 04:00 PM

winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I don't like flocked terrain. I think makes the board look out of place. Whenever I make custom terrain, I always try to keep it the same look as the rest of the official pieces.

Did you flock the terrain to sell or to use for yourself? Just curious.

Chuck Norris checks under his bed for Q9...

Check out my
customs, maps and mods!

Trades Here.
Old August 10th, 2010, 04:21 PM

Oh I totally flocked the terrain for use. I have been playing heroscape since it first started. Let me say though I think it looks a lot better then probably what you think it looks like. It looks very realistic. I would easily say that it looks a lot like Grishnakhs tiles and terrain.
Old August 10th, 2010, 05:15 PM

'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunderland723 View Post
Oh I totally flocked the terrain for use. I have been playing heroscape since it first started. Let me say though I think it looks a lot better then probably what you think it looks like. It looks very realistic. I would easily say that it looks a lot like Grishnakhs tiles and terrain.
...He said humbly.

I think we need the pictures to judge a price range.

My tourney record: 14-32 or 30.43% wins
Check out my multimedia work
Old August 10th, 2010, 06:57 PM

Yea I promise I will be getting the pictures up hopefully sometime this weekend
Old August 11th, 2010, 01:46 PM

winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunderland723 View Post
See, the "realistic" part is what I don't like about flocking. The game has a very stylized, almost animated look and feel to it. Having real sand/grass next to the plastic trees and minis looks weird to me.

For the people that like flocking, awesome, I'm sure they love their boards too. I just like mine to look consistent... (gamer OCD )

Chuck Norris checks under his bed for Q9...

Check out my
customs, maps and mods!

Trades Here.
Old August 11th, 2010, 01:59 PM

Oh the trees that I use are not the plastic ones, I made trees to go along with the flocked terrain, I also made rock walls and mountains to go along with the rock terrain.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles