Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Notices

Old March 28th, 2011, 11:25 AM

Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: New Formula Based Cost Calculator

Does this work for squads?
Old March 28th, 2011, 01:25 PM

rlhulsey07 Woo who?

I did not figure squads into the averages, so this prototype probably won't be as accurate on squads, yet. To be honest, this project was just a Saturday morning experiment while the wife was sleepin in, I didn't know it would work. So, I just used the 33 individual heroes included with ROTV, SOTM, D&D, and MTCB. I have just used it to calculate heros/villains. When this semester winds down, and if I get positive feedback from Heroscapers, I will continue the experiment.
Old March 28th, 2011, 01:28 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

I would be curious to see what value the formula assigns to a series of heroes, rlhulsey07, just to see it in operation.

I'm not going to be the one to do it, though. What I'm envisioning is a chart showing [unit][actual cost][calculator-projected cost]. I know you mention a few of them in your paper, Agent Carr among them as I recall, but I'd be curious to see how all 33 do in your analysis.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old March 28th, 2011, 02:03 PM

rlhulsey07 Woo who?

Dad Scaper, I will see if I can get something like that worked up in the near future. hopefully by next week (first week back from spring break though, kinda frantic at home). I am a fairly new Heroscaper, and just out of curiosity, does it look like something you would use if it were accurate? Or is it unnecessary compared to play-testing and other methods?
Old March 28th, 2011, 02:07 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

I'm not really a customs creator. I'm more of a critic.

I don't know whether the customs makers would use it, but its value even as a curiosity is limited by the fact that I can't tell whether it works from what you've written.

It looks interesting, but it's a very specialized tool you've developed and it appears to be something of a labor of love, so don't worry if it doesn't get a lot of feedback.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old March 28th, 2011, 02:15 PM

rlhulsey07 Woo who?

Thanks Dad Scaper. It is a labor of love.lol. I guess the most important thing is, that it works for me. I will work on a chart similar to what you desribed earlier and see if I can make it a more tangible concept.
Old April 7th, 2011, 12:07 AM

nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness

This is a really ambitious (and likely at times frustrating) project you've got going! I've tried a few times to come up with something similar, including a sliding point scale for common special powers. Ultimately, I decided that there is no 'perfect' formula, but that doesn't mean that you can't get close!

So, keep up the good work, and, if you can come up with a formula that explains Isamu and Q9 as equally well as Taelord and Jotun...well, I'll certainly be impressed!

WORST. PALADIN. EVER.

Overall Tourney Record: ....I don't even remember anymore!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs