Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old November 10th, 2014, 04:28 AM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Jackal(Public Playtesting)

Hidicul's results. Hard to say if the change helped or not as there was no clone action in his tests.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hidicul
C3G STANDARD PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE TEST UNIT Jackal

- THEME TEST/ Check to see if there are any powers or stats on the test unit card that does not accurately reflect the theme or likeness of what the character would and could do. Also consider destructible objects, and whether or not this characters powers should affect them.
PASS

- MIRROR TEST/ Check to see if the unit were played against itself, if there would be any loops that would upset the balance of the Game.
PASS

- BONDING TEST/ Compare the unit card with all possible currently existing Bonding abilities to make sure there are no continual Bonding possibilities that do not stop appropriately or do not stop at all. This is to prevent loops in Bonding.
PASS

- SYNERGIES TEST/ Compare the unit card with all possible currently existing synergies to make sure there are no factors that could break the game by making any unit to powerful or too weak.
PASS

- POWER CHECK/ Consider the test unit and all existing units and all glyphs to compare to and check for any powers that could be over amplified and break the game. Each power must define when it takes place, who or what it affects, and What are the stipulations on the power if there are any.
PASS

- FUN TEST/ Consider whether or not the design was fun to play.
PASS

- FUN COMPETITIVE TEST/ Consider whether or not the design was fun to play against.
PASS

- DRAFTING TEST/ Consider whether or not this design is worth drafting.
PASS

- USAGE TEST/ Consider whether or not all of the powers on this card were used or at least usable.
PASS

- STRATEGY TEST/ Consider whether or not the design offers any real strategy or interesting tactics to the overall game.
PASS

Army Test
- Does it pass
, Yes or No? YES.
- What should be the unit's point value? 250
- Give a brief overview. Superman won as expected.
Map: .Ivy's Greenhouse
Units: Superman I and Batman I(600) vs Jackal, Invisable Woman and Pyro.
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
- Does it pass
, Yes or No? YES
- What should be the unit's point value? 250
- Give a brief overview. Ivy wins the game for her team
Map: Ivy's greenhouse
Units: Jakal, Hugo Strange, Deadpool, Harley Quinn and Poison Ivy(1000) vs the Fantastic Four (1000)
Spoiler Alert!

As a side note, you can use Hugo's power on Jackal to prevent Jackals experiment from taking a wound. Seeing as it can only happen once per game I don't think it will be that big of a deal, it comes down to a player being smart enough to see a little bit of synergy within our cards and it can't break the game.
Old November 10th, 2014, 09:28 AM
Who ISN'T One of My Brothers??

TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun

That first game's too low in points to evaluate Jackal (and Superman+Batman, really?). The luck in the second one doesn't give us much info either.

".... the Cambridge ladies do not care, above
Cambridge if sometimes in its box of
sky lavender and cornerless, the
moon rattles like a fragment of angry candy"
Old November 10th, 2014, 11:43 AM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

Yup. That was my thoughts. Sure, they're played well, but there just isn't any real information to glean from them. I was impressed that Jackal was able to take out Bats on his own in that first test, but I think that's more some lucky dice than anything else.
Old November 10th, 2014, 01:34 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

Well, in his defense, the Batman Superman combo was a staple of Playtesting when he was really active. Over time, the points of armies in playtests have risen as the number of C3G designs slowly rose.

The thought used to be that Supes and Bats were so well tested that a side by side comparison helped tremendously. Have any of you ever read the old Worlds Finest tests? At least triple the testing went in to them as any other unit, not to mention the process now.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez
Old November 10th, 2014, 06:01 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey'tilIDie View Post
Well, in his defense, the Batman Superman combo was a staple of Playtesting when he was really active. Over time, the points of armies in playtests have risen as the number of C3G designs slowly rose.

The thought used to be that Supes and Bats were so well tested that a side by side comparison helped tremendously. Have any of you ever read the old Worlds Finest tests? At least triple the testing went in to them as any other unit, not to mention the process now.
Oh I totally agree with that, and he performed pretty well in that test which tells me we're in the ballpark, just haven't nailed the cost down yet. Something I'm hoping to do soon.
Old November 11th, 2014, 03:41 PM

TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun

NAME OF THE TEST UNIT Jackal

- THEME TEST/ Check to see if there are any powers or stats on the test unit card that does not accurately reflect the theme or likeness of what the character would and could do. Also consider destructible objects, and whether or not this characters powers should affect them.
Pass
- MIRROR TEST/ Check to see if the unit were played against itself, if there would be any loops that would upset the balance of the game.
Pass
- BONDING TEST/ Compare the unit card with all possible currently existing Bonding abilities to make sure there are no continual Bonding possibilities that do not stop appropriately or do not stop at all. This is to prevent loops in Bonding.
Pass
- SYNERGIES TEST/ Compare the unit card with all possible currently existing synergies to make sure there are no factors that could break the game by making any unit too powerful or too weak.
Pass
- POWER CHECK/ Consider the test unit and all existing units and all glyphs to compare to and check for any powers that could be over amplified and break the game. Each power must define when it takes place, who or what it affects, and what are the stipulations on the power if there are any.
Pass
- FUN TEST/ Consider whether or not the design was fun to play.
Pass
- FUN COMPETITIVE TEST/ Consider whether or not the design was fun to play against.
Pass
- DRAFTING TEST/ Consider whether or not this design is worth drafting.
Pass
- USAGE TEST/ Consider whether or not all of the powers on this card were used or at least usable.
Pass
- STRATEGY TEST/ Consider whether or not the design offers any real strategy or interesting tactics to the overall game.
Pass

Army Test 1
- Does it pass, Yes or No? Yes
- What should be the unit's point value? 265-285
- Give a brief overview. With two successful Cloning rolls, Mescal has a major effect on the game. Without those rolls, it wouldn't have been this close. In the end, his team still lost, but a fun game.
Map: Sacred Shrine

Units: Jackal (265), Black Tarantula (300), Spider-Man (250), Oracle (110), Shadowcat (80) (1005) VS Cyclops (190), Jean Grey (180), Phoenix (230), Psylocke (250), Mastermind (95), Jubilee (60) (1005)
Unit Summary:
Damage: none.
Experimental Cloning 15: 2 out of 5 rolls; very useful.
Drug Tipped Claws: 0 out of 0 rolls.

Spoiler Alert!

Army Test 2
- What should be the unit's point value? 255-275
- Give a brief overview.Jackal really struggled here, failing all of his Cloning rolls. Just one or two successful rolls would have helped tremendously.
Map: Chernobyl Clash

Units: Jackal (265), Black Adam (380), Oracle (110), Spider-Man (250), Catwoman (145) (1150) VS Master Mold (520), Sentinel x4 (160) (1160)
Unit Summary:
Experimental Cloning 15: 0 out of 5 rolls; not useful.

Spoiler Alert!

Army Test 3
- What should be the unit's point value? 265ish
- Give a brief overview.Jackal did hit one of his rolls here, but it came late in the game, and Black Adam only got a single round of activations. This was much closer, and another Cloning roll could have won them the game.
Map: Chernobyl Clash

Units: Jackal (265), Black Adam (380), Oracle (110), Spider-Man (250), Catwoman (145) (1150) VS Master Mold (520), Sentinel x4 (160) (1160)
Unit Summary:
Experimental Cloning 15: 1 out of 6 rolls; semi-useful.

Spoiler Alert!

As expected, Jackal's very swingy but very fun. He struggled in my last two games, in a tough matchup, but I think the design is fine. I could see his cost or the roll on Cloning coming coming down a tick.

Last edited by TrollBrute; November 11th, 2014 at 07:20 PM.
Old November 11th, 2014, 06:24 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I see a map called Chernobyl in those last two tests. Care to drop by the map thread and sharing your thoughts.
Old November 11th, 2014, 07:04 PM

I used it in another tests as well. I'll post some thoughts for you in its thread.

Old November 11th, 2014, 07:09 PM
Now moves with Flying.

In the round 2 of the first match, is postpone supposed to be Psylocke?
Old November 11th, 2014, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karat View Post
In the round 2 of the first match, is postpone supposed to be Psylocke?
Yeah. Stupid Swype. I thought I caught all of those, but I guess not.

Old November 13th, 2014, 11:36 AM

So where are we at here? Are we looking for more tests?

Old November 13th, 2014, 01:24 PM
Now moves with Flying.

I'm planning on running some tests here shortly, I just need to just the teams slightly. I'm going to try him out at 255 and see if I think his cost should go up or down from there. I agree that he seems to be trending downward though.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library