Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Old July 16th, 2010, 11:57 AM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth
Re: Help with planning a army.

In a format like this, strength of your cards are almost irrelevant. Just pick things that you think you know better than other people. If I were coming to this, zombies and TKN/grubs would be at least half of my deck.

It's also not a terrible idea to pick some "trap" cards - cards that you aren't really interested in picking, put cards that you are comfortable playing against and that are popular with a lot of people. Think Deadeye Dan.
Old July 16th, 2010, 12:38 PM

Killz is surprisingly tart
Re: Help with planning a army.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldin View Post
Since you don't have much experience with Nilf, I'd recommend Braxas instead. She does a lot of what he does in a drafting situation and fewer people are really familiar with how to get the most out of her. Nilf, on the other hand, is likely to be a figure which your opponents will love to grab and use against you.

~Aldin, substitutionally
Yeah, that sounds good, I have used braxas a lot. I mainly chose Nilf cuz of his multiple attacks, and 6 dice attack. But braxas has high attack also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
In a format like this, strength of your cards are almost irrelevant. Just pick things that you think you know better than other people. If I were coming to this, zombies and TKN/grubs would be at least half of my deck.

It's also not a terrible idea to pick some "trap" cards - cards that you aren't really interested in picking, put cards that you are comfortable playing against and that are popular with a lot of people. Think Deadeye Dan.
I don't have DeD, but I think I can find a few other people like him.

Thanks guys, this has helped a lot!

Killz is kicking it as...

Ne-Gok-Sa, the original OG and stuff

in the
Perth Keep...

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion