Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News
HeroScape News Sightings, HeroScape.com updates, official news, etc.

Old June 13th, 2010, 08:33 AM

500points Woo who?
Re: D2 - changes in the base size

So guys, what happened to the polite mature board that I left here half a year ago? I get that everyone is put off by the new bases (like me) or put off by the people mad about the bases but can't we be civil about it?

< Click me Please
Old June 13th, 2010, 08:53 AM

RichardD has disabled reputation
Re: D2 - changes in the base size

Quote:
Originally Posted by 500points View Post
So guys, what happened to the polite mature board that I left here half a year ago? I get that everyone is put off by the new bases (like me) or put off by the people mad about the bases but can't we be civil about it?
Good point. I know that I always appreciate being told that I'm being absurd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rommel1369 View Post
I think that changing the sizes of the bases is a bit of a dissapointment but not a deal breaker.
Yup, that's how I'd sum it up for me.

There appears to be two schools of thought, plus some extremists. On the one hand there are those saying that it's a positive sign, that WOTC are trying to find new avenues. Well, I beg to differ, and anyone who thinks that WOTC knows much about growing a market needs to read a treatise on the history of Netrunner, but I digress. I can't see that such a change brings anything positive to HS (unlike the decision to use D&D retreads; I'm fine with that, even with the differences in scale or size).

The other competing school of thought is best summed up by Rommel. Th change is disappointing, but we'll carry on buying anyway.

What seems to be missing is anyone really in favour of a change. Reading between the lines of a few posts here and there, it wasn't dreamt up by the design team. So I hold to my original view - it was thought up by a marketing man or a bean-counter, neither of which are best placed to do much more positive in terms of gaming innovation than to trumpet the arrival of a slightly different shaped car in the next edition of Monopoly.

Q - "Are you one of those people who does The Times crossword puzzle in 10 minutes?"

A - "I have NEVER taken 10 minutes!"

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News