Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Fan Art & Fiction
Fan Art & Fiction Graphic & Literary works bound only by the imagination

Notices

Old February 28th, 2011, 07:52 PM

Orcs Blade knows what's in an order marker Orcs Blade knows what's in an order marker
Re: Kit: Young Ninja

Here's part eight.

Chapter 8
Kit started, “Who paid you?” He asked.
“That is…well, it is your business, but I won’t tell you anyway,” Nehilk smiled coldly.
“Alright,” Kit thought for a moment, “Well at least tell me where I am.”
Nehilk smiled almost genially, thinking that he had won, and started “My ancestors built these caverns….” Kit looked around for something that might help him. Nothing. “…in fact, they are only several feet below ground level…” There had to be something! “…Used as a hide-away by many Drow during the reign of…” Kit was getting desperate. “…and can only be entered or exited if you know where the entrances are…”
Since he couldn’t find anything that might help, he asked a question that might improve his resources, “So…you’re invincible in the darkness, right?”
Nehilk looked sharply at him. “Yes. Why?”
Kit smiled at him, “That is your business, but I won’t tell you anyway.”
Nehilk, sensing that something was wrong, suddenly shot blast of black force at Kit. Kit was saved only by his equally quick reflexes. He threw himself to one side, rolling as he landed, and jumping to his feet again, only to have to leap straight up into the air to avoid another blast. As he dodged, a detached part of Kit’s mind considered his options. Nothing could harm Nehilk in the dark, so he would have to somehow bring him into the light. Or, since there was no light anywhere near, he would have to bring the light to him…
As he dodged yet another blast of force, he jumped over a table all set up for Nehilk’s evening meal. Nehilk prepared a larger bolt, growing in size as he did so until he looked like a full grown Drow. Kit did the first thing that came to mind. He threw a chunk of aromatic veal at the King of the Drow. Nehilk stopped building up the spell and looked slightly surprised as his dinner passed through his head. As it entered, in fact, the King of the Drow went cross-eyed, trying to see it. It splattered against the opposite wall, closely followed by some potatoes. Nehilk picked up a hand mirror and inspected his face, making sure that nothing had splattered on it. Satisfied, he set it down, and the two began circling each other, Nehilk building up his mass of black energy, Kit waiting, ready to dodge. As Kit passed the table where Nehilk had placed the mirror, he slipped it off the table. Nehilk released his bolt, and Kit whipped the mirror around, deflecting the bolt upwards. “That didn’t even come close to me,” Nehilk scoffed, “your aim is pitiful.” Kit ignored him, flipping up his un-poisoned dagger, catching it by the tip, and throwing it towards the Drow. At that point, things happened very quickly. As, the King of the Drow began to laugh, his bolt of energy reached the high, domed ceiling, and blasted a whole in it, letting sunshine pour through, filling the room, and then the dagger struck, burying itself in the chest of Nehilk. Nehilk looked surprised for a second, and then toppled over backwards. Kit nodded, pulled out the rope he had been storing, and looked for the nearest ledge that he could climb up to. Finally, he thought, I can get out of this miserable hole.

Orcs Blade is Evar Scarcarver...
in theTWILIGHT CAVE...
Old March 1st, 2011, 08:45 PM
That's right! He can be taught!

Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby!

I love this story! Dang it OB you're a genius!

I like how inventive this story is, and I notice a greater difference between it and my own fanfic Tribe of the Ashen Mere. Mine is younger and I've only made two posts, but while OB's launches directly into the action I'm having mine sort of work up to it. I didn't consider a story a very good one if it was all action and no talk until I read this one. Keep it up OB!

I would rep you but it says I've repped you too many times lately and I need to rep someone else before repping you again.

In progress fan fic; Kaia Vendetta

Slink's story can be found here.
Old March 3rd, 2011, 07:48 PM

Orcs Blade knows what's in an order marker Orcs Blade knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elven Lord View Post
I like how inventive this story is, and I notice a greater difference between it and my own fanfic Tribe of the Ashen Mere.
I find it kinda funny that you can compliment my story and advertise your own at the same time. Thanks though, I appreciate the support!

Also, I've been kind of busy lately (baseball tryouts just started), so I probably will either have the next part up tonight or Saturday.

in theTWILIGHT CAVE...
Old March 3rd, 2011, 07:53 PM

Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcs Blade View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elven Lord View Post
I like how inventive this story is, and I notice a greater difference between it and my own fanfic Tribe of the Ashen Mere.
I find it kinda funny that you can compliment my story and advertise your own at the same time. Thanks though, I appreciate the support!

Also, I've been kind of busy lately (baseball tryouts just started), so I probably will either have the next part up tonight or Saturday.
Hey! Comments are always appreciated here!

Old March 3rd, 2011, 08:02 PM

Comments are more appreciated here, though, as we all know.

in theTWILIGHT CAVE...
Old March 3rd, 2011, 08:15 PM

I can see where this is going so I'm going to stop right there...When are you going to post the next chapter?!

Old March 4th, 2011, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcs Blade View Post

in theTWILIGHT CAVE...
Old March 4th, 2011, 10:47 PM

Chapter 9
Kit emerged into the glaring sunlight, which burned his eyes, which were accustomed to the darkness of the cave. He shielded his eyes with his hands, squinting and bending over a little to keep the light out. After a little while, as his eyes grew accustomed to the light, Kit began to take in his surroundings. He was in a forest, surrounded by trees and wildlife. He began to walk forward, his head teeming with thoughts. Who had hired the Drow? Or had Nehilk just been trying to mess with his head again? Why was Derrick avoiding him? Why had Derrik been acting so strange? His head spun with all of these questions coursing through it. He stumbled forward a little, groping for a tree to lean against. He found one and slid down to a sitting position, resting in its shade. He decided to break these thoughts up into groups so that he wouldn’t collapse trying to think about them. He thought about the first question. The way he saw it, there were several options. One: His father had wanted him detained so he could catch up to him and bring him home. Two: Derrik had figured out that Kit was trying to find him, and had, for some reason, decided to consort with Drow in order to stop him. Three: He had some unknown adversary who hadn’t wanted him killed, but rather captured. Four: Nehilk was messing with his head. Of the three, the first or the fourth seemed the most likely. Derrik had no way of knowing that Kit was following him, and even if he did, how would he know where Kit was? Why would he use Drow as his henchman? Where would he get the money to hire them? As for the third…it was possible, but he couldn’t just debate with himself whether he did, in fact, have an unknown enemy that he could know about, because thinking about knowing an unknown enemy would just hurt his head more. The fourth was another one that he couldn’t spend to much time thinking about. He had to assume that it was the worst case scenario, and Nehilk had not been messing with his head. These mind games hurt his head. He got up, his vision back to normal, and set off in a random direction.

in theTWILIGHT CAVE...

Last edited by Orcs Blade; March 8th, 2011 at 06:40 PM.
Old March 5th, 2011, 02:08 PM

I like how Kit is now wandering around aimlessly...

Old March 6th, 2011, 12:11 PM

Yes...he just came out of a cave, after who knows how long, in who-knows-where. He is lost. Although, I wouldn't say aimlessly. That implies that he doesn't have goals.

in theTWILIGHT CAVE...
Old March 6th, 2011, 12:40 PM
Ninja Dust

I think I have said this before. But this is an awesome story.
Old March 6th, 2011, 02:06 PM

I think you have too, but it is worthy of repetition...this is an awesome story.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Fan Art & Fiction