Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Notices

Old January 26th, 2015, 01:52 PM
Never Forgets

laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Public Design Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by laughing matter View Post
WORLDBREAKER
At the end of an opponent's turn, place a red Rage Marker on this card for each Wound Marker Hulk received that turn. Add 2 to Hulk's Attack and Defense numbers for each Rage Marker on this card.

GREEN SCAR HEALING
Before rolling for initiative, if Hulk has one or more Wound Markers on his card, you may remove 1 Rage Marker from this card. If you do, remove 1 Wound Marker from this card, or the card of an adjacent figure.
Why not replace these with something like this:

WORLDBREAKER
Add 2 to Incredible Hulk's Attack and Defense numbers for each Rage Marker on this card. Before rolling for initiative, you may remove 1 Wound Marker from this card or the card of a figure adjacent to Incredible Hulk.

That saves a lot of text, and the only major difference is that your version would wait until the end of a turn to amp Hulk's stats. Technically, the marker placement also changes things up slightly (In the original version, Zatanna could remove a Rage Marker to debuff his stats without healing him).

I remember a long time ago people were kicking around some ideas for a World Breaker Hulk, and Bats suggested combining Super Leap and Super Stomp; that would be a cool touch, and you'd probably have some room for it with the first two powers consolidated into one. (By the by, could Hulk actually heal people as the Green Scar? Never read the series, but I hadn't heard that before)
the healing factor in his blood revitalizes the plant life on sacar, but I'm not sure about people, so that can probably be cut.

life's short, why not make an impact on the world? make some peoples lives better, have a few good laughs, and then when it's all over go out with BANG!
Old January 26th, 2015, 01:59 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midgieboy3 View Post
I want to see a Hulk with the Hulk Clap ability. Never seen it done, but always see Hulk bust it out when He's in a jam.
I agree, any new Hulk card needs to have a Thunder Clap power.
Old January 26th, 2015, 02:03 PM

Midgieboy3 knows what's in an order marker Midgieboy3 knows what's in an order marker Midgieboy3 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
Quote:
I want to see a Hulk with the Hulk Clap ability. Never seen it done, but always see Hulk bust it out when He's in a jam.
I agree, any new Hulk card needs to have a Thunder Clappower.
^
Way better of the name I was going with. lol.

Old January 26th, 2015, 08:38 PM
Never Forgets

laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby!

I made a couple of changes to Evil Ernie and Smiley since his healing was basically broken. I also cut out a bit of the unnecessary text on smiley, so that it reads better.

Looking back at this guy makes me really want to do a Lady Death write up, maybe with some of Ernie's Ghouls. A squad of Undead, or some common Undead heroes with kill crazy, or something like it, to really create a lot of carnage

Quote:
Originally Posted by laughing matter View Post
Evil Ernie
Spoiler Alert!

Smiley
Spoiler Alert!

life's short, why not make an impact on the world? make some peoples lives better, have a few good laughs, and then when it's all over go out with BANG!
Old January 26th, 2015, 08:50 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

It's been a while, so here are the Thunderbolts again! This is probably the last major round of revisions for these guys; I'm pretty happy with where they are now. In fact, most of the changes here aren't too extensive, and so the last versions of these guys aren't reposted here. Though they can be found here.

Group Bio: The Thunderbolts were one of Helmut Zemo's greatest schemes. Most of Earth's Mightiest Heroes had been wiped out by Onslaught, and the public was desperate for new protectors. And so, Zemo and the Masters of Evil disguised themselves as a new team of superheroes called the Thunderbolts, with the goal of gaining pubic trust to further Zemo's more sinister ends. Zemo took on the guise of the old patriotic hero, Citizen V. Meanwhile, Moonstone became Meteorite, Goliath became Atlas, Screaming Mimi became Songbird, Fixer became Techno, and Beetle became MACH-I.

The one thing Zemo didn't count on was that his followers would not be content in their role as villains. Having had a taste of the heroic life, they turned on him and put an end to his schemes, and most of them went on to genuinely reform and become heroes.
-------------------------------
Your Thunderbolts are in another castle
-------------------------------
And that's it for the T-Bolts for now. I'd like to get more characters from later on in their history (We have Clix for T-Bolts versions of Ghost and Luke Cage, so those are musts. And of course I'd like to do later/reformed versions of Songbird and MACH-IV. Maybe also a new Hawkeye to work as an alternative Charlatan leader to Citizen V?), but those can wait for now.

Last edited by Ronin; April 25th, 2016 at 09:37 PM.
Old January 26th, 2015, 09:03 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
[B]NAME = TECHNO

REVERSE ENGINEERING 16
After moving and before attacking, you may choose a glyph within 3 spaces of Techno and roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 16 or higher, any figure on the chosen glyph or equipped with the chosen glyph receives one wound and the chosen glyph is destroyed.
Overall these seem interesting but I had one comment. I thought we had a reverse engineering on someone already that was different, even if not the name doesn't seem to fit...more like a sabotage than reverse engineering.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old January 26th, 2015, 09:06 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

That's a re-used power from Zola, yeah. The text is the same (just double-checked). And the name is arguably off, as I think has been brought up in regards to Zola a time or two, but I think it works on Techno either way.
Old January 26th, 2015, 09:10 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Just a thought - if you didn't want to necessarily do a later, reformed version of Songbird, but instead wanted her to be able to work as either, you could probably give her some power like the Beat Cops' On the Take which would allow her to be both a Charlatan and a Crime Fighter, just not at the same time.

Looking at your designs now, I'm really liking what I see. (The grammar buff in me still doesn't like the three option either in Tech Pack, though.) Just a thought, I'm wondering if it would be cool for Citizen V to have some sort of power to represent how the Thunderbolts were just a plot to gain trust, some form of manipulation or something like that. I'm getting leader off him right now, but not really devious mastermind. I think he just needs a little something more when it comes to that.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old January 26th, 2015, 09:10 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Love it. I don't actually know much at all about the original Thunderbolts team, but I'll give you what feedback I can...

CITIZEN V - I could go either way with the Crime Fighter Deception bit being dropped. The current design is simpler, but it makes him a lot more... niche. But niche isn't bad, necessarily, it just narrows his viability in most armies. And I agree it feels sort of weird overall.

SONGBIRD - I'd be hesitant about splitting her into two designs... I'm not sure if there's enough design space for multiple versions of this character. I think she's important as a bridge between the original run of Thunderbolts and the more modern incarnations. I feel like her design should reflect this.

ATLAS - Cool, love the Ionic Imbalance power and glad to see it reused. Could Giant Reach be reused here?

MACH-I - Also a solid design, nothing revolutionary but he's a pretty basic character, so...

TECHNO - I love modular powers, and his is beautifully simple. Lots of options. Good stuff here.

In general I love how you designed this faction - some trim-and-lean units that fill different gaps. I think you might have gone TOO lean, though, with Citizen V and Songbird. They feel a bit more generic than they should. I'm curious how you see the multiple team incarnations interacting, though, if at all.
Old January 26th, 2015, 09:13 PM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

Yeah, that's the same wording as everyone's favorite tv-stomached bio fanatic. Though I've never understood how that power relates to reverse engineering. It almost sounds like it's trying to be a bad joke or something.

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store
Old January 26th, 2015, 09:14 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
That's a re-used power from Zola, yeah. The text is the same (just double-checked). And the name is arguably off, as I think has been brought up in regards to Zola a time or two, but I think it works on Techno either way.
Gotcha...So at least I haven't completely lost it yet only partially...With my birthday coming up Friday I was getting worried...

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old January 26th, 2015, 09:25 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
Quote:
I agree, any new Hulk card needs to have a Thunder Clap power.
Just spitballing, but I'd work it something like this.

THUNDEROUS CLAP SPECIAL ATTACK
Range special. Attack 6.
Instead of moving normally, Hulk may use his Thunderous Clap Special Attack. All figures within 3 spaces of Hulk are affected by Thunderous Clap Special Attack. Roll attack dice once for each affected figure. Affected figures roll defense separately. After attacking, move each affected figure X spaces, where X is equal to the number of skulls rolled, up to a maximum of 4 spaces. Affected figures must be placed further away from Hulk than where they started.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy