Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports
Battle Reports Reports of your Heroscape Battles

Old June 25th, 2008, 07:42 PM

Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
The Battle of Blue River

The Battle of Blue River pitted three units each of Ashigaru Yari and Harquebus, led by Kato Katsuro (500 points total) against four units of 4th Mass supported by Finn (360 Points). The Ashigaru would be playing with the Automated Battle Rules.

Initial Positioning

Turn 1
The Ashigaru take the initiative. Harquebus Unit 2 sweeps east/southeast toward the river. Yari 1 meanders southeast, and Yari 3 sweeps east toward the river.
On the opposite side of the battlefield, 4th Mass 1 and Finn moved west along the road, while 4th Mass 4 dashes west across the field toward the river and the high ground.

Finn and the 4th Mass Unit 1 move forward

Turn 2
The Ashigaru again take initiative, but do little. Harquebus 2 backs up, Yari 2 patrols south, and Harquebus 3 stands guard, but has no target.
The 4th Mass 1 and Finn take the high ground on the southwest bank of the river, but their one shot results in no skulls. On the north side of the battlefield, the 4th Mass 4 wades into the river.

Harquebus Unit 3 stands guard.

Turn 3
The Ashigaru again gain the initiative, but Yari 1 meanders backward, while Yari 2 patrols to the south edge of the board and turns back north.
4th Mass 1 has only one enemy in range, and brings him down, while 4th Mass 4 continues to wade across the river.

4th Mass Unit 4 crosses the river

Turn 4
The 4th Mass finally gain the initiative. 4th Mass 1, aided by high ground and WTF, picks off another Yari 3, the remainder of whom recklessly charge into the river.
On the north side of the battlefield, 4th Mass 4 clambers out of the river and opens fire. They bring down two Harquebus, and roll 2 skulls against Kato, who easily blocks them.
Harquebus 2, despite losing one of their number, fails to target the enemy, and instead moves toward the river. Yari 1 continues to meander away from the action.

Yari 3 charges the enemy.

Turn 5
The 4th Mass again wins initiative, and for the fifth consecutive turn, the dice are unlucky for the Ashigaru, as Kato remains a sitting duck. 4th Mass 4 takes full advantage, opening up on Kato for two straight turns. Unable to withstand the onslaught, the hero falls in the same spot upon which he began the game. Harquebus 1 and 2 lose another man, but bring down two 4th Mass 4 in return. On the south end of the battlefield, Yari 3 doesn't make it across the river, as the 4th Mass 1 brings them down. Meanwhile, Harquebus 3 continues to wait for a target.

Will 4th Mass Unit 2 ever get into the battle?

Turn 6
Claiming the initiative, the Ashiguru Yari target, encircle, and bring down the last two 4th Mass 4, but not before two Harquebus fall to the patriot's muskets. Meanwhile, Finn finally realizes that he's worth more dead than alive to ranged units, and takes off on a mad dash toward the waiting Harquebus unit 3.

The Yari encircle the 4th Mass

Finn charges the enemy

Turn 7
In an uneventful turn, Finn crosses the river and attacks the Harquebus, but does no damage. The 4th Mass unit 3 moves forward, while the Ashigaru meander.

Finn attacks the Harquebus

Turn 8
Finn continued his futile attack against the Harquebus, who gave him three wounds for his trouble. 4th Mass 3 moved closer to the river, and Yari 2 moved south, but failed to target Finn.

Turn 9
The remaining Harquebus 1 and 2 swept toward the river where they were promptly cut down by 4th Mass 3. 4th Mass 1 charged into the river to join the fray, Yari 2 coming to meet them. Finn killed one Harquebus before receiving his final wound, his spirit drifting to the nearby 4th Mass unit 1, giving them another attack die.

4th Mass 1 leaps into the river

Turns 10 and 11
In a bloody turn 10 for the Ashigaru, the 4th Mass 1, bolstered by Finn's attack spirit, took down a total of six enemies in two turns, while 4th Mass 3 took out two more. A lone Yari made it to round 11 where he was promptly taken out.

Summary
A total mismatch. I wanted to see how Kato would do in sync with the Ashigaru, but the dice never activated him. I should have added a few units to the 4th Mass and had them operate by the automated rules and tried playing the Ashigaru myself. Most of the games I've played with the automated rules have been very close, but I think 4th Mass needs a tougher automated enemy. I like the Ashigaru, but their 1 defense makes it tough on them.
Old June 25th, 2008, 07:48 PM
All growed up

Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: The Battle of Blue River

Finn's spirit cannot be put on any common unit.

I like your terrain though, that rocky flock is very cool.
Old June 25th, 2008, 07:52 PM

Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Einar's puppy View Post

Oops. I need to read his card more carefully. He's one I always pass over when playing.

Glad you like the rocks. Got them in the train section of Hobby Lobby.
Old June 26th, 2008, 10:02 AM

MINIANDMEE has disabled reputation

Nice Report and the flocking is amazing.

BRASIL WILL DOMINATE ALL IN THE WORLD CUP

ITALY BETTER ENJOY IT WHILE THEY CAN
Old June 29th, 2008, 01:50 PM
so CUTE when he's bitter

Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mossman View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Einar's puppy View Post

Oops. I need to read his card more carefully. He's one I always pass over when playing.

Glad you like the rocks. Got them in the train section of Hobby Lobby.
Just thought I'd point something else out, other than the fact that this should stay towards the top because of the amazing pictures. Finn's Aura only works on 1 range figures. I made that mistake with Q10/Finn combo.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports