Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old May 5th, 2017, 08:13 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of the Glyph of Orbital Laser Control(Initial)

NAME OF THE TESTED UNITS (Mesmerise Spell & Glyph of Orbital Laser Control)
Army Test 1
- Does it pass, Yes or No? yes
- What should be the unit's point value? A narrow win for Strange seems to indicate you are in the right ballpark.
Map: Death Star Throne Room w/Bacta Tank replaced by glyph of Orbital Laser Control
Units: Dr. Strange, Wong, Mesmerize@25, Final Ruin, Lightning Bolt x2, Mystic Flames x1 (440) vs. Azrael, Robin (Tim), Black Knight (440)
Spoiler Alert!

Recap: So when I drafted Black Knight I was thinking he would be a good one to block with the spell, but then after reading his powers and the spell text more closely I discovered that once he declares an adj. attack on the MD figure, their MD power is negated and thus they can’t cast any spells. Not that it mattered at all in this game as Black Knight couldn’t roll and shields and died without ever making an attack. Strange managed to finish off Azrael with some help from the Final Ruin spell. Robin struggled to put another W on Strange with his normal attack so he bat grappled over to the glyph, Strange decided to retreat out of his range and threw a couple of lightning bolts at him to no effect. Strange spend two rounds trying to finish off Robin after that and couldn’t finish him off, I think the most skulls he rolled in those 6 attacks were 2 several times and Robin blocked them each time. Robin couldn’t W Strange either though, even though he rolled 3 skulls on 3 dice twice. Strange finally ends it though.
Map: Death Star Throne Room w/Bacta Tank replaced by glyph of Orbital Laser Control
Units: Dr. Fate, Atom, Mesmerize@25, Lightning Bolt (370) vs. Bug, Tigra (370)
Spoiler Alert!

Recap: Fate grabbed the glyph right away but then Bug used some hit and run tactics to draw him out towards the steps where he was hoping to be able to grab some high ground. Fate didn’t fall for this ploy though and ended up teleporting himself onto the Emperors Throne so then Bug attacks from low ground before retreating back to grab the glyph for himself. Fate then starts to attack Tigra from HG, who moves up the steps and fights back, Fate then teleports him and Atom over by Bug and the glyph. Tigra is forced to pursue on foot. Fate manages to drive Bug off the glyph and Atom then claims it, but Tigra rushes in and takes Fate down at the end of the round. Tigra then takes down Atom to end it. I should note that I could have and should have used the Lightning Bolt spell at one point but forgot about having it and then once I remembered I had it the best moves for Fate were normal attacks, either from HG on Tigra or after moving adj. to Bug.
- What should be the unit's point value? Silver Banshee wins this one but I’m not sure how much it had to do with the spell. Even had the spell not been played Banshee would have most likely won. Iron Man just failed to deal any damage with his repeated attacks on her and both Doc Ock & Iron Man’s 6 defense didn’t fare as well as Silver Banshee’s 5 def. did.
Units: Silver Banshee, Mesmerize @25, Final Ruin, Werewolf (455) vs. Doctor Octopus, Ironman (455)
Spoiler Alert!

Recap: The Werewolf heads out on a suicide mission and manages to deal 2W to Doc Ock before going down. Iron Man tries to lure Silver Banshee into a trap but she heads in the other direction instead. She then meets Iron Man in the middle of the board, Doc Ock joins the fray and gets destroyed, Iron Man takes a LEA to move onto the steps and attacks with HG, Banshee flies over onto the steps as well for a HG att., they dance up the steps each getting to attack with HG, the dice gods favor Banshee though and Iron Man falls.

Final Thoughts: I think this glyph is ready to go. It was used in each one of my games without feeling like it swayed the results for one team or the other. On this map it was located on the other side of the map as the throne, so any time someone tried to control or dominate the high ground of the throne the other team would go claim the glyph and threaten them with auto wounds from far out of range. Then the glyph was located in an enclosed room so you couldn't really camp on the glyph and target anyone, which kept figures moving on and off the glyph. The odds are not great for an auto-wound so the effect is manageable and yet I did deal a fair number of wounds with the glyph over the course of the 3 games. I also noticed that you can't really use it on anyone you are engaged with or you might hit yourself so that is a cool balancing mechanic.
Old May 8th, 2017, 05:04 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Anyone else planning on running some tests for this or are we at a place where we can just move forward to Final Editing?
Old May 8th, 2017, 05:46 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

I think one more would be ideal but if you and quozl are good with it, I trust you.
Old May 8th, 2017, 09:21 PM
Who ISN'T One of My Brothers??

TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun

Another one wouldn't hurt. I'll try to add it to some games sometime soon. Or we could toss it into the Danger Room for some easy tests. We don't have a lot headed there, so we could stand to fill out a round.

".... the Cambridge ladies do not care, above
Cambridge if sometimes in its box of
sky lavender and cornerless, the
moon rattles like a fragment of angry candy"
Old May 9th, 2017, 12:33 AM
C3G Landlord

It is pretty easy to throw on a map when testing something else, and I don't think it needs much more testing since their is no cost associated with it, so lets just wrap it up in house. It is nice to have a few surprises even for the Danger Room crew.
Old May 23rd, 2017, 03:37 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of the Glyph of Orbital Laser Control(Design Ph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zettian Juggernaut View Post
This one's a little bit of a older write-up of mine, so it could maybe use some fixing up. The thing I really want from this glyph is for it to draw play on maps that are less played on or are the low ground. It's something I've felt C3G could use for map building for a while. Thoughts?
So, you don't know what might have inspired this design?
https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...3&postcount=14

Looks good! Glad to see this is going to see the light of day and the battlefield!

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez and Stan Lee
Old June 24th, 2017, 03:17 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Just wanted to bump this to remind someone to throw this glyph into their next playtest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old July 17th, 2017, 03:20 PM
C3G Landlord

Another bump here.
Old December 1st, 2017, 07:48 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

C3G STANDARD PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE PLAYTEST UNIT: Glyph of Orbital Laser Control

Army Test
Map: Sauron's Eyrie
Units: Citizen V @190, MACH-I, Atlas, Meteorite, Songbird (1050) vs Professor X, Angel (Warren), Jean Grey, Cyclops, Iceman, Storm (1050)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Map: Sauron's Eyrie
Units: Citizen V @190, MACH-I, Atlas, Meteorite, Songbird (1050) vs Fantastic Four, Wasp I (1050)
Spoiler Alert!

THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT: Fun and useful, but not overpowering or anything. Thumbs-up from me.

Last edited by Ronin; December 2nd, 2017 at 02:33 PM.
Old December 2nd, 2017, 02:35 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Not sure if anyone's taken point on this design with ZJ gone, but it feels good to me and I think we can move it into Final Editing. I linked the playtests in the OP.
Old December 2nd, 2017, 02:42 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

It felt good to me and YK too. Just need a Hero to propose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old December 2nd, 2017, 02:58 PM
C3G Landlord

I propose we move the glyph of Orbital Laser into Final Editing.

YK - yea
Arkham - yea
@johnny139 -
@japes -
Ronin - yea

Last edited by Yodaking; December 3rd, 2017 at 04:00 AM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library