Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Notices

Old December 14th, 2007, 01:47 AM

fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Multiple cyberclaws?

Can one gladiatron use his cyberclaw on more than one unit at a time?

Looking at the card, it seems to me one gladiatron could use it on multiple small/medium figures at once. Even though it sort of seems silly with each gladiatron sculpt having only one claw.

For example, one gladiatron surrounded by an opponent's two squads of vipers. Aren't they all locked down?

(I just got my first squad of gladiatrons in the mail today. Woo hoo!)
Old December 14th, 2007, 02:04 AM
GenCon General Wars & DW9K Jumpstart Champ 2008

lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Multiple cyberclaws?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomo6
Can one gladiatron use his cyberclaw on more than one unit at a time?

Looking at the card, it seems to me one gladiatron could use it on multiple small/medium figures at once. Even though it sort of seems silly with each gladiatron sculpt having only one claw.

For example, one gladiatron surrounded by an opponent's two squads of vipers. Aren't they all locked down?

(I just got my first squad of gladiatrons in the mail today. Woo hoo!)
Yes, they are all locked down.
Old December 14th, 2007, 10:09 AM
Wears Shades at Night

Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness
For a really good Blast/Glad combo 360 points of your 500 point army should be Glad/Blasts.The battleground gets crazy when all thoughs Gladiatrons are roming around.
I would suggest
3xGladitrons-240
2xBlastatrons-120
Laglor-110
and someone for 40 points.

Spread Positivity and the joys of gaming.
Old December 14th, 2007, 08:37 PM

fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Thanks, wolf. And can Jotun pull someone away from a gladiatron to throw them?

(If Jotun is an opponent to the gladiatron, I'd say no. If Jotun is on the same team as the gladiatron, maybe yes?)

-------------

Shades fan: That does sound like a really cool army. I can't wait for my son to open those blastatrons he's getting for christmas so we can try it out.
Old December 14th, 2007, 09:23 PM

ChaosChild has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by fomo6
Thanks, wolf. And can Jotun pull someone away from a gladiatron to throw them?

(If Jotun is an opponent to the gladiatron, I'd say no. If Jotun is on the same team as the gladiatron, maybe yes?)

-------------

Shades fan: That does sound like a really cool army. I can't wait for my son to open those blastatrons he's getting for christmas so we can try it out.
No, Jotun can't throw a small or medium fig that is locked down by a (friendly or opposing) gladiatron. Throw would be a "power on an army card".

Kumiko is not impressed with your sculpt, either.
Old December 19th, 2007, 01:52 PM

aerofool Woo who?
Actually, you can attack with them and use the blastatrons to perform clean-up of all remaining, adjacent figures.

****! I must be having a bad week!
Old December 19th, 2007, 02:00 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dandin
I personally think that they should have made them more like rats; 1 attack, more defense (like 3 + tough) and claw for 80; because really, with the glad/blast combo, you don't really use them to attack.
There are times when it makes sense to use them to attack, such as facing off against Krav Maga Agents or Drake. I think they're fine how they are. Also, the combo requires a delicate balance of G's and B's. If someone sneaks around and kills off all of your B-trons, it's nice to have a contingency plan.

In one game recently on Highways and Dieways, I also elected to move just them to take advantage of a movement glyph and road. Sure, I'd move them 10 spaces in two turns with Blastatrons, but I wanted to move 10 spaces now. I won initiative and pinned my opponent's melee units just outside his starting zone. The glyphs were all mine for the rest of the game at that point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerofool
Actually, you can attack with them and use the blastatrons to perform clean-up of all remaining, adjacent figures.
You make this sound like you take a full turn with the bonded Gladiatrons. It's just movement, and it's unaffected by roads, glyphs or any other modifiers. A flat 5 movement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old December 21st, 2007, 10:19 AM

Hero Hot Hatch knows what's in an order marker Hero Hot Hatch knows what's in an order marker
I don't know of any units of squad-to-squad movement bonding that includes attack as well. Otherwise, I might be a little unfair and homing device might not be complementary as it was designed to be. The only other squad-to-squad movement bonding that I can recall right now is the Nakitas/Gorillinators combo. Should the Gorillinators be allowed to attack in addition to moving and then the Nakitas, somehow it would not be fair. That's 6 attacks in one turn and with the Glads/Blasts it would be 8 attack attempts in one turn. Can any combo or squad do that without lucky "Frenzy" attack rolls such as the Venoc Vipers and Aubrien Archers?. That Frenzy is not a given as you still have to roll the dice.

The Blast/Glads combo is awesome just the way it is. One obvious weakness is the low attack of the Glads for 80 points, but it had to be that way if they wanted the defense they have and the enhancement to the attack of the Blasts. However, you might need the support from X17, Q9 or Q10. Add Laglor in there... and what else do I have to say.

At first, you look at a 60 point range squad of Blats with only 1 attack. The Arrow gruts are 1 base attack dice and worth 40 and the Harquebuses are 2 base attack dice and worth 60 as well. But you add the movement bonding and possibly up to 5 attack (maybe more with height advantage and more Glads already on the ground) and you are talking destruction.

Two weeks ago I took down a tough to kill full squad of Sentinels in two turns just with two Blasts left and 6 Glads. It is clear that I had more points left on the table but I had to spread my Glads strategically to maximize the attack of the Blasts. Some lucky rolls and the whole squad of sentinels was dust. With height advantage and complete surrounding by Glads and I managed 8 attack dice on one of them from one Blast. That was nasty!

This would be one of the Blasts/Glads armies that I will try soon in a 600 points army:
Q10 = 150
Laglor = 110 = 260
Gladiatrons = 80X2 = 420
Blastatrons = 60X3 = 600

Don't forget that Q10 and Blasts can serve as homing device for other Blasts. There are many iterations of Soulborg-based Vydar armies.

I don't care about choosing my army based on strategy. I choose an army based on coolness and personal appeal... even if it means that my units will die trying. Hail to the glory of HeroScape and bravery.
Old December 21st, 2007, 10:50 AM
Bill Nigh the Psions Guy

Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
In the next wave, Kato (I think that’s his name... the Dynamo) will be the first to give 8 activations in one order marker. 4 melee (with option to special attack) and 4 ranged. As you said HHH, that's going to be NASTY.

Looking for quality maps for 3+ players? Think your latest map-masterpiece deserves a place of honor? Join in the discussion of The War-zones of Valhalla

It doesn't get any more classic than this: The C3V project
Old January 7th, 2008, 03:16 PM

Hero Hot Hatch knows what's in an order marker Hero Hot Hatch knows what's in an order marker
I know that if I start questioning figures and their powers, I would never end. However, something is fishy about these guys. They only have one free "hand" or claw yet they are allowed to cyberclaw up to 6 adjacent figures. I play these guys and the combo with the blasts is awsome, but the designers should had made it more realistic by allowing them to cyberclaw only one of the adjacent opponents to be determined at their turn or the blasts turn with the movement bonding. I guess it would be difficult to keep track of who is holding who unless there was some sort of marker... just speculating. They are awsome how they are.

I don't care about choosing my army based on strategy. I choose an army based on coolness and personal appeal... even if it means that my units will die trying. Hail to the glory of HeroScape and bravery.
Old January 7th, 2008, 05:57 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dredd Stev
In the next wave, Kato (I think that’s his name... the Dynamo)
Kato is correct; Dynamo is not.

Kato Katsuro is a Daimyo.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old August 24th, 2008, 02:20 AM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: The Book of Gladiatrons

Okay, I went ahead and did it the other night.
With Isamu staring at my Raelin during the draft segment of the game, I chose one set of Gladiatrons. These four soulborgs also became my zombie plugs. I don't recall the last 50 points of my 510 army, but I also had Zetacron and two sets of Templar involved.

With Raelin and Melee Defense, the Gladiatrons did fine against many zombies. Was also pleased nipping Phantom Walk and Vanish 9 in the bud with Cyber Claw.
It may become a regular drafting pattern to take just four Gladiatrons when I need to deal with Phantom Walking units.

I was a fan of the Gladiatrons sans Blastatron arrival, heck, I think I still am!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units