Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old August 19th, 2021, 11:46 PM

Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Sherman's Lord of the Rings customs: C3V "never was"

Nice work. The stats and powers flow together in an immediately believable way, and the unit is playable in several different builds. I imagine that the Deathchasers would especially appreciate the ability to move up C3V's Kuthnak without burning Order Markers.

Because you said the sculpt had been rejected by the C3V for low numbers, I think it's worth mentioning that there is a griffon miniature available nowadays in comparatively plentiful quantities. A cursory search shows at least 40 on the secondary market, and the figure's pretty fairly priced for a Large Common sculpt. If you ever try to either push this unit through the SoV or convince the C3V to pick up the concept again, this would be something to consider.
Old August 20th, 2021, 06:06 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Thanks, always good to see another New York 'Scaper around here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Trails View Post
Because you said the sculpt had been rejected by the C3V for low numbers, I think it's worth mentioning that there is a griffon miniature available nowadays in comparatively plentiful quantities. A cursory search shows at least 40 on the secondary market, and the figure's pretty fairly priced for a Large Common sculpt. If you ever try to either push this unit through the SoV or convince the C3V to pick up the concept again, this would be something to consider.
If you'd like to see C3V do something with that mini, you should be able to suggest it to them here. Since the thread's still open, I'm guessing it's still C3V policy to consider figure suggestions from the public. As for that particular mini, when I was a member we used to avoid figures with flight stands when possible, making exceptions for themes that couldn't be captured without them, like the "small flying drones" of the Zettian Deathwings. We also discussed bending that rule to use minis that might help us fill some of Heroscape's more esoteric gaps that were unlikely to have many figure options made in the future, but "griffon" is probably not one of those pressing needs, and there are likely to be other prepainted plastic griffon minis on the horizon for VC.
Old August 21st, 2021, 12:50 AM

Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherman Davies View Post
Thanks, always good to see another New York 'Scaper around here.
Yeah, man. I was actually surprised to see as many New Yorkers around the site as I did when I joined. I guess I thought this game wouldn't still be so popular here.

Quote:
If you'd like to see C3V do something with that mini, you should be able to suggest it to them here. Since the thread's still open, I'm guessing it's still C3V policy to consider figure suggestions from the public. As for that particular mini, when I was a member we used to avoid figures with flight stands when possible, making exceptions for themes that couldn't be captured without them, like the "small flying drones" of the Zettian Deathwings. We also discussed bending that rule to use minis that might help us fill some of Heroscape's more esoteric gaps that were unlikely to have many figure options made in the future, but "griffon" is probably not one of those pressing needs, and there are likely to be other prepainted plastic griffon minis on the horizon for VC.
I see; that's all good to know. Particularly, I never would have considered flight stands a problem in sculpt selection. I don't have any personal desire to see the figure I mentioned make it into the C3V process, though. I just thought that you might like to know that your "never was" had a chance to be.
Old August 21st, 2021, 10:54 AM

Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

There are 2 flight stands that I can think of currently in use with the VC. The new golden dragon in design and clawfoot interceptor.
Old August 23rd, 2021, 07:16 PM

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Yeah, I remember working on the Clawfoot Interceptor years ago before I left the site. As I recall, I supported the use of that mini because there were unlikely to be many viable "bird people" figure options to expand the Raptorians with, and because I was assured by people who had the actual mini that it could be rebased either with or without the use of the flight stand.

As for the gold dragon, that design is after my time. If I were to guess, I'd say C3V is resorting to using that figure because they need a dragon to fill a slot in a planned large figure expansion, and there are no better alternatives at the moment.
Old August 23rd, 2021, 09:49 PM

Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

That was my take on it as well. I personally don't like the wings on it lol
Old August 24th, 2021, 08:20 AM

Selecting viable minis for use in C3V was always a challenge. To be acceptable choices, they needed to be prepainted plastic, properly scaled, fit with Heroscape's aesthetic, available in good quantities and reasonably affordable. In addition, back when we started C3V in 2011, Pathfinder and Starfinder weren't producing prepainted minis for their games, so pickings were even slimmer than they are today.
Old September 22nd, 2021, 11:47 PM

AragornBB is surprisingly tart
Re: Sherman's Lord of the Rings customs: Helm's Deep battle

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by AragornBB View Post
Do you happen to still have the Faramir card? The link says the photo is no longer there.
I also have a Gandalf the White on Shadowfax and Theoden in a horse figure. Do you have any suggestions for their cards?

(I am fairly new to this website and believe I posted this comment in the wrong thread. I tried to make it a direct reply to Sherman’s list of LOTR customs. I apologize)
Sorry I wasn't around to reply to this. I probably took down the Faramir link years ago back when I was doing a revision of him and the Ithilien Rangers. I've since finished those revisions, although this is probably too late to be of any use to you.

It is a little late, but hey, I haven't touched my heroscape stuff since Covid started. I'm kind of getting back into it so I will put these to use. Thank you!
Old September 23rd, 2021, 05:58 PM

Don't mention it, I'm glad the King of Gondor is getting back into Heroscape.
Old September 23rd, 2021, 10:16 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Great to see these cards! Loving the interplay between the units.

Old September 24th, 2021, 02:23 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Reminds me of that epic LOTR game we played on the walls of the City!
Old November 1st, 2021, 09:38 PM

Here's another custom I toyed with in C3V, but the mini was either too scarce or expensive for the project:

The idea was to flesh out the Mariedian faction by giving Kira Jax a twin brother, kind of a callback to the familial dynamic of the Esenweins.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards