Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > ScapeCon
ScapeCon Forum for events related to Scapecon

Notices

Old July 1st, 2021, 12:40 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: ScapeCon Map Pool

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade View Post
I assume neither Frostmire nor Honor will be using heavy snow/slippery ice?
That’s correct, and no treasure glyphs will be used either.
Old July 1st, 2021, 08:28 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by OEAO View Post
no treasure glyphs will be used either.
I refer you to my avatar.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old July 23rd, 2021, 07:46 PM

MrWookiee knows what's in an order marker MrWookiee knows what's in an order marker MrWookiee knows what's in an order marker

I notice battlefield 23 has 4 glyph spots, I assume you won't be using 4 glyphs?

My customs HERE.
With Two Es
Old July 23rd, 2021, 08:03 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWookiee View Post
I notice battlefield 23 has 4 glyph spots, I assume you won't be using 4 glyphs?
Yeah; the glyphs of Brandar are treasure glyphs, but we won’t be using them. The only glyphs you need to worry about on that map are the two on the outside!
Old July 23rd, 2021, 09:46 PM

MrWookiee knows what's in an order marker MrWookiee knows what's in an order marker MrWookiee knows what's in an order marker

Thanks m8

My customs HERE.
With Two Es
Old August 2nd, 2021, 04:00 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

I’ve got a few nitpicks on a few of the maps after having played over 30 games this weekend on them. I think a few of them need some work in a couple spots.

Map Reviews:
Forest Fire
- meat grinder in the middle road, especially outside the SZ. No advantage to taking the road to your opponents Startzone, just die. Melee has a really hard time developing and engaging range in this map.
- Narrow and suicide to develop middle, even with Valda.
- Traverse over the side is really difficult…good for range. Fliers love the map.

Jabberwock
- right side 2-base denial is impenetrable position next to lvl2 jungle. Only need to block 1-hex to avoid 2-base engagement from that position.
- Too much shadow AND jungle. 16 spaces that a figure can get the shadow AND jungle bonus.

Frost
- left side is the real problem. never used. 2hex is a major speed bump for trying to take that position to route your opponent. Found myself backtracking rather than developing the left side.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22

Last edited by Sir Heroscape; August 2nd, 2021 at 04:54 PM.
Old August 3rd, 2021, 12:36 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
Forest Fire
Only played this one a few times but, at least given the matchups, the correct call almost always seemed to be for one army to pod up on the flat of the hill right outside the start zone.

Quote:
Jabberwock
Solid 40% of my games were on this map*. Most of them were not great. Somehow simultaneously gives everything way too much defense and is also kind of difficult to develop onto.

Quote:
Frost
Played this one twice, I think. In general I found it OK, but flanking could be a little bit easier.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > ScapeCon