Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Notices

Old July 5th, 2021, 09:26 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

Titans is now here, and I've played it 15 times, including all possible player counts from 1-5. Everybody loves it here, although review videos have been mixed.

Empire of the Stars is now due in about a week. Ironically, on its way from China it had to pass through here in NYC, and should just about be down in the distribution hub down in Florida, ready to be shipped back up here (sigh).

In China, some southern ports are now under Quarantine again. Publisher CMON reports that for Ankh Gods of Egypt 25% of its orders have been delayed. In addition, due to strain on the power grid due to summer, the government there has mandated production slow downs for many factories, and that's where the board games are made!
Old July 5th, 2021, 10:13 AM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Got a game day in this weekend. 4 players.

Dominion. First game setup from second edition as we taught a new player and no one else had played in person for a long time. I won 38-27-26-18 (pulled off one double-Province turn in the middle).

The Quest for El Dorado. Only one us us had played before, but even as we were getting the rules explanation I knew I'd like it. I was able to intuitively guess some of them, and there were a few clever interactions. I won, three of us reaching the finish on the same turn, but I had two barriers for tiebreakers.

The Artemis Project. I think this one went over pretty well with everyone. Really good interaction. We did get a couple rules/timing things incorrect a couple times, but not enough to hurt the experience. I think I was third.

Bunny Kingdom. Honestly didn't care for it. Just seemed too fiddly and no interaction outside of the draft. It was annoying to have to try to find the locations on the cards every turn, and ultimately all you do is count points a bunch of times. I was third again.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old July 5th, 2021, 10:16 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I really dug Artemis Project the one time I played it.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old July 5th, 2021, 10:54 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
I really dug Artemis Project the one time I played it.
Yeah, it was my game. And it's fun solo as well!

@NecroBlade I also checked it out and I got another rule wrong for Relief Funds. For Exploration cards, only a failed Exploration (not enough dice pips) grants Relief. If you're third in the Exploration, you don't get anything.
Old July 8th, 2021, 09:43 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

It took a while to hit the table but finally started getting Star Wars: Outer Rim into play with my gaming group and it's getting pretty popular with request to play it again soon. I think once we all get more familiar with the rules/characters/tactics/options the game will start to go pretty quick, as some turns can be over pretty fast, but right now I've say it requires a 4 hour time block or more for us. Seems to have really good replay-ability since every character has it's own play style and the board tile order can be rearranged for different game experiences. Haven't been paying attention to any talk about an expansion, so maybe they already have one in the works, but I could see a Mandalorean influenced one with more characters and locations from that show used to complete the ring.
Old July 9th, 2021, 06:23 PM

Figure knows what's in an order marker Figure knows what's in an order marker Figure knows what's in an order marker

I have been playing a lot of Wingspan and Tiny Epic Galaxies. Been thinking about getting into Dice Throne as well, it looks pretty fun!

~ May you always find water and shade
Old July 12th, 2021, 07:57 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Just an update on Star Wars: Outer Rim, we played again and have decided that the patrol ships don't move around enough. So next game we are going to move the patrol ships both when you buy a card and when you just cycle them (if indicated). Let me know if anyone else has played it this way and if you had any issues pop up as a result. We won't be playing again for a while as one of my regulars is out of town for a bit on work sutff, then there some vacation things popping up for a few of us.
Old July 13th, 2021, 11:44 AM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

I've really wanted to try Outer Rim. It seems decently similar to Firefly, but I assume it's different enough for you to still enjoy.
Old July 13th, 2021, 07:23 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
I've really wanted to try Outer Rim. It seems decently similar to Firefly, but I assume it's different enough for you to still enjoy.
It's a streamlined version of Firefly. It has all the feels of Firefly but none of the drags. Definitely a more preferable game than Firefly. Without the IP it really is a good fun game. Do yourself a favour & give it a try.

I have been playing Dune: Imperium quite a bit lately & still enjoying it. Trying to scheme up ways for the wife to let me get the expansion when it comes out later this year.
Old July 15th, 2021, 05:01 PM
C3G Landlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by A3n View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
It's a streamlined version of Firefly. It has all the feels of Firefly but none of the drags. Definitely a more preferable game than Firefly. Without the IP it really is a good fun game. Do yourself a favour & give it a try.

I have been playing Dune: Imperium quite a bit lately & still enjoying it. Trying to scheme up ways for the wife to let me get the expansion when it comes out later this year.

Agreed on it being a streamlined take (smaller crew and equipment needs to complete jobs, less time spent flying between locations) on the Firefly game. Their are some differences as well though, which gives it a little bit of a different play experience.

Spoiler Alert!
Old July 15th, 2021, 07:57 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

I played TSR's Remember the Alamo twice with my brother. He won, both as the Texans and as the Mexicans.

Old July 21st, 2021, 08:34 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Played two games of the new Oath: Chronicles of Empire and Exile, by the designer and artist of Root. I did it once online on TTS 6 Player and then here with another's copy (I don't own it) with 4 Players. It was lots of wacky fun, and I can say that I know almost know what I am doing in it. In the first game, all six of us had a juicy change to go for a victory at different times. (In that way, it reminded me of Inis). In the second, I would have won with one battle roll on my final turn which was also the last in the game, which then went against me!

After playing through all of Undaunted Normandy online, a regular opponent and I are 3/4 through Undaunted North Africa. The next expansion, IIRC, Undaunted Reinforcements, comes out in August.

I'm also playing Commands & Colors Samurai Battles, the new block GMT version, and I've gotten through all 40 scenarios. Also C&C Jacobite Rising and C&C Medieval tomorrow.

Awaiting pending shipping notification are a pal's copy of Dark Ages: Heritage of Charlemagne, and my Empire of the Stars and Ankh: Gods of Egypt. Empire is down at the distribution hum in Florida. Ankh is on the water, having arrived in Asia, Australia, and now Europe. Both are expected in August.

For the first time in years I played Galactic Emperor, the predecessor of Empire of the Stars. We did a 3 player, which we all enjoyed. The last time I played it was in 2011 at Tablewalker's old place on City Island. He was holding one of his mini-conventions, and busy playing another game that day.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games